magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fix for MJ+ on a D-Link router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Fix for MJ+ on a D-Link router Reply with quote

Fix for Ethernet connected MJ+ on a D-Link router.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/port-forwarding-on-d-link-dir-655-for-magicjack-plus-t11428.html

After spending many hours with tech support and my own time, here is the recipe for magicJack to work on DIR-655 when directly plugged into the router d-link DIR-655:
step-1:
--------
sign on to your router.
type this in the URL 192.168.0.1
Sign in with admin password

step 2
-------
Identify the ip address of your magicjack plus when plugged into your router.
You may need to log in or log out and plug in and out the mj multiple times to identify the ip address of mj+ (there is no name associated with Mj+ device when connected)
Once you have identified the ip address process to step 3

step 3
-------
Reserve the IP for magicJack ie
Click on setup network
scroll down to section Add DHCP reservation`
Select the ip identified in step 2
Assign the name magicJack to this IP
Click Save.
From now on when Mj+ connects to the router, it will have this ip address

Step 4 set port forwarding to 5060,5070
-----------------------------------------------
Click on advanced tab
Click on Port fowarding (second option on the left of screen)
Fill in the following values:
Name magicJack
Ip address (select computer name magicJack) then click on << to populate the ip address field- (You may also populate this field manually)
UDP =5060,5070
schedule Always
Inbound filter Allow All
Click Save Settings

Step 5: Uncheck SIP
---------
Go back to advanced.
click on Firewall settings (on the left)
scroll down to Application Level settings
Uncheck SIP
Save

Reboot the router.
After the router is rebooted, this should work

This settings works for me for mJ+ plugged directly to the router Very Happy
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having exactly the same issue with a Dlink router. Got the runaround with tech support. Kicked up one notch as well, did the usual checking to see it works for a while. Clearly a bug in their software.
pt
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: DIR-825 and error 23 for over a week and techies are unable Reply with quote

DIR-825 and error 23 for over a week and techies are unable
to solve but they they celebrate after unplugging the device and plugg it inagain - and it works...

while any time from 5 min to 3 hrs later it comes back with error 23

once after a total new installation it used to work for 24 hrs
than back to error 23

and now they are even telling me its my phone a SIEMENS A490 causing all this...

I am close to return this non working device

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
used above DIR-655 setup and a old D-Link router DI-604 and no more error 23 ...since 3 days...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
but MagicJackPlus can not handle
DIR-825 Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.52VT

Last edited by pt on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Magic Jack plus error 23 Reply with quote

That is exactly what happens with me and the same result with tech support (or more precisely, non support). This device is not ready for prime time. And there is no particular reason to believe the issue lies with the little dongle device, it could just as well be a failure of service at magic jack's servers. I'm amazed there are not more complaints on this board, but that may simply be it's existence is not well known to the general public. Good luck on returning it, I have been unable to obtain any information on how to contact the MJ company. Look for an address or phone number. Best of luck, you are going to need it. I have watched mine go offline for hours on end, and just as well work for the entire day. I can't imagine using this thing for a primary phone.

I have since used port forwarding and put the MJ+ in the router DMZ. Same problem, but much less frequent. I will soon to try another router.

Last edited by SailorDave on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
denny02ng
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack plus error 23 Reply with quote

SailorDave wrote:
That is exactly what happens with me and the same result with tech support (or more precisely, non support). This device is not ready for prime time. And there is no particular reason to believe the issue lies with the little dongle device, it could just as well be a failure of service at magic jack's servers. I'm amazed there are not more complaints on this board, but that may simply be it's existence is not well known to the general public. Good luck on returning it, I have been unable to obtain any information on how to contact the MJ company. Look for an address or phone number. Best of luck, you are going to need it. I have watched mine go offline for hours on end, and just as well work for the entire day. I can't imagine using this thing for a primary phone.

Thanks that i read all these reviews, I went for Nettalk Duo and have not had any problem for about 5days running. Installation is plug and play no need to do any setting in the router.
MarcTrep
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try changing out the 5v usb power supply with a better one
zaemliss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or try this:
http://zaxa.ca/magicjack-plus-not-working-plugged-directly-in-the-router-solved

Worked for me
Gary49
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Plus on a D link router Reply with quote

Matt9876-Thank you for this posting. After days of pulling my hair out trying to get my new MagicJack Plus to work with my router, I ran across this post while I was researching. I knew that MJ customer support would be worthless, been there and done that before with my regular MJ. This fix worked great for me! Just wanted to say thanks! Now my MJ Plus works great and I can rest at ease that I did not waste my money. Smile
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Plus on a D link router Reply with quote

Gary49 wrote:
Matt9876-Thank you for this posting. Smile

You are Welcome, This also helped a buddy of mine get his PLUS working on a D-link router. Smile
Andy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: MagicJack Plus With D-Link DIR655 Router Incoming Call Issue Reply with quote

Your main solution is to disable a feature within the D-Link router's Firewall Settings called SIP which means Session Initiation Protocol. SIP is the traffic gateway for incoming audio and video. This feature comes disabled by factory defaut.

Here are the steps to Enable it:

Type this in the URL 192.168.0.1
Sign on to your router.
Sign in with Admin password (blank by default unless you have one set).

Click on the Advanced tab at the top
Click on Firewall Settings on the left side panel
Scroll down to the very bottom where the title reads:
>Application Level Gateway (ALG) Configuration<

You'll see a list of checked items
Uncheck SIP

Done!
downtheshore
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Should have checked here first Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon my MJ+ suddenly started with the error 3002. Tried rebooting everything, changed phones, etc, but nothing. It worked when plugged into the laptop, just not through electric adapter or router.

Googled the error 3002, and came upon this support site, but was led down another path that didn't have much of a resolution.

So this morning I got onto the "chat", first with a person called "jake" who was very nice, and we went through lots of stuff, including the router rule changes suggested here. Except that he didn't have me reboot the router, even though I kept asking about it.

So, nothing worked, and he "Jake: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you."

That turned out to be "Faye", who had me change all the cords, the phone, everything, but again, ignored my question about rebooting the router.

Then "Faye" said" Faye: I believe that I have already provided you all the information needed and that we are keep on repeating the same process. I would like to ask permission to end this conversation with you. Thank you.

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat "

And hung up.

So, I saved the changes to the rules, rebooted the router, rebooted the modem, etc, and it's now working.

Now I'd like to have "Faye" rebooted.
Laughing
saltydog463
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reached step 2 below. What page on my D-Link site do I look for the ip addresses? I found one under WAN section and the 192.168.0.1 address under the LAN section.

step 2
-------
Identify the ip address of your magicjack plus when plugged into your router.
You may need to log in or log out and plug in and out the mj multiple times to identify the ip address of mj+ (there is no name associated with Mj+ device when connected)
Once you have identified the ip address process to step 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: