magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally, Google Voice on an ATA is Here !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- Yes, apparently come 5/15/2014 Obi devices will no longer work with Google Voice, at least not directly:

http://blog.obihai.com/2013/10/important-message-about-google-voice.html

And yes there are some other VOIP providers whose services will work with Obi's, but they generally charge much more than magicJack does.

It looks to me like Obihai is going to try to develop some sort of "work-around" strategy regarding GV, but who knows..

Considered the true costs of Magic jack there are many providers which do not cost more or significantly more than MJ and provide incomparably superior service.
Good example : Localphone, US DID for 99c/month, outgoing lower 48 0.5c/min, subscription plans e.g. 5000 min outgoing for $5.-month straight, plus a multitude of other valuable services.
It is highly unlikely that Obihai will develop any work around for Google voice/ or the new Hangouts, probably for legal reasons, they told me very clearly that they are pulling out of Google altogether. Off course, things may change...
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Considered the true costs of Magic jack there are many providers which do not cost more or significantly more than MJ and provide incomparably superior service.
Good example : Localphone, US DID for 99c/month, outgoing lower 48 0.5c/min, subscription plans e.g. 5000 min outgoing for $5.-month straight, plus a multitude of other valuable services

- It seems that you and I do math in very different ways. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever lol
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obihai is working on a $40 per year plan to use with the various Obi devices. See:

http://blog.obihai.com/2013/12/what-does-40-bucks-and-obi-device-buy.html
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:
Obihai is working on a $40 per year plan to use with the various Obi devices. See:

http://blog.obihai.com/2013/12/what-does-40-bucks-and-obi-device-buy.html

- Too bad it doesn't/will not include unlimited minutes!
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully there'll be enough minutes so that the average user can employ this new service.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully there'll be enough minutes so that the average user can employ this new service.

Average user uses less and less minutes, because more and more people have cell phones with unlimited plans.
Often , rock bottom providers who advertise free minutes will not accept usage in excess of 3000 minutes, aside of the fact that they do not connect for free to a large number of area codes/exchanges.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there are Anveo and PhonePower as partners to Obihai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: