magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Easy way to use magicJack without usb dongle...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
starrouter
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: MJ works with dialer, but no dialtone as a service (Windows7 Reply with quote

OK. My computer has had Windows XP on it. I have been using MJ as a service for about 10 months with nary a problem of any kind. This past weekend, I installed Windows 7 (64bit) on another hard drive of the same computer, so I can dual boot to either XP or 7. That way I can take my time migrating everything over from XP to 7. I have my MJ working under Windows 7, but when I try to install this run-as-a-service, I lose dialtone. REmove the service and reinstall the UI and it starts working again. Reinstall the service again and no dialtone again. Remove it again and it works with the MJ software dialer again. For some reason I lose dialtone if I try to run it as a service. I have the required .NET installed and I have checked the service and it is there and running, but I have no dial tone. Right now, I have the service removed and am using it with the software dialer until I can figure out why it's not working as a service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Google
AdSense





PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Back to top
Padzu
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Several "newbie"questions regarding "going do Reply with quote

I have been using MJ for a few months. Everything works fine. Just exploring going without the dongle. My computer is running 32 bit Win7 operating system. I am hoping some of the more experienced and tech savvy users on the board can provide some help. Thanks. My questions are:

1. How does not using the dongle influence call quality? As good, better, or lower quality calls?

2. If after configuring for use without the dongle, can I plug in the dongle if I need or want to use a standard telephone for a particular call?

3. Currently, when I look at the MJ drive in "my computer", it is represented as a standard CD drive. I cannot view files or folders on this drive. Can this be fixed?

4. Currently, I have a "Magic Jack" folder @ c:drive/users/name/appdata/local/magic jack. It contains only an Update download folder and install.dat. The "mjusbsp" folder also appears @c:/users/name/appdata/roaming/mjusbsp. It has 6 folders and quite a few files. Are these the folders I would need to configure MagicJack without using the dongle? And, if so, do I need to copy them or can I just use them where they are?

5. In the instructions, quotation marks are used? Do the quote marks actually need to be included in the command lines?

Again, thanks in advance for any help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2845
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Several "newbie"questions regarding "goin Reply with quote

Padzu wrote:
I have been using MJ for a few months. Everything works fine. Just exploring going without the dongle. My computer is running 32 bit Win7 operating system. I am hoping some of the more experienced and tech savvy users on the board can provide some help. Thanks. My questions are:

1. How does not using the dongle influence call quality? As good, better, or lower quality calls?

2. If after configuring for use without the dongle, can I plug in the dongle if I need or want to use a standard telephone for a particular call?

3. Currently, when I look at the MJ drive in "my computer", it is represented as a standard CD drive. I cannot view files or folders on this drive. Can this be fixed?

4. Currently, I have a "Magic Jack" folder @ c:drive/users/name/appdata/local/magic jack. It contains only an Update download folder and install.dat. The "mjusbsp" folder also appears @c:/users/name/appdata/roaming/mjusbsp. It has 6 folders and quite a few files. Are these the folders I would need to configure MagicJack without using the dongle? And, if so, do I need to copy them or can I just use them where they are?

5. In the instructions, quotation marks are used? Do the quote marks actually need to be included in the command lines?

Again, thanks in advance for any help.


One has to assume you did not read the recent posts here to see this is NO LONGER POSSIBLE................... MJ 2.0 made sure of it..
_________________
Joe Sica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a WAY to use MJ without using the dongle! but im almost sure NOT for you it is'nt and the 2nd way to use it without the dongle is to keep it in a draw. Best you can do is a Thin Client, Nothing like SIP but people want evrything for nothing or for 5 bux . I don't do anything for 5 bucks because even 1G is equal to 5 bucks to me in 2010, Then again i'll say it again life is what u make it. No offence to you at all but all things are starting NOT to become public and FREE anymore because the public goes wild. BTW use netTalks SIP info and have a ball!. That company will get you a netTalk Duo b4 Xmas even if you order it on the 19th of Dec BUT if you sent in a defective UNIT under warranty they will take care of it in a MONTH or more. So there already starting there companies BS kinda like MJ so get that ATA out and beat it to death. and NO my netTalk is'nt defective but i know a few that ARE and there not waiting anymore because they called up and said REFUND! AND F.U. and your netTalk!. Don't have a netTalk and thats why you can't add info into your ATA?...Ahhh don't worry there will be SIP info for the ppl that don't even own the device sooner or L8tr, These things happen to companies that screw there customers as IMO if you can get a person a NEW unit in 2-3 days and can't get people there replacement in less then weeks or over a month it's BAD business. Exclamation
_________________
MJ 4th Gen
MagicFeatures
NetTalk Duo ( I got it cheap, Thank You NT )
Ooma Telo ( Premium Service )
VoIP MY Way ( Custom Acct + INTL )
Linksys PAP2T ATA ( UnLocked )
Linksys WRT-310N Router ( Personal Firmware )
Motorola Modem DOCSIS 3.0 SBG6580


Last edited by gashliquor on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2845
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took him to mean MJ on it's own....With nothing else...

Sure if one reads this forum they will see a few ways, but as you mentioned not for the light hearted...
_________________
Joe Sica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
I took him to mean MJ on it's own....With nothing else...

Sure if one reads this forum they will see a few ways, but as you mentioned not for the light hearted...




Yes i know Joe, The msg was just telling him another way to enjoy dongle free but with NT because its open source now.
_________________
MJ 4th Gen
MagicFeatures
NetTalk Duo ( I got it cheap, Thank You NT )
Ooma Telo ( Premium Service )
VoIP MY Way ( Custom Acct + INTL )
Linksys PAP2T ATA ( UnLocked )
Linksys WRT-310N Router ( Personal Firmware )
Motorola Modem DOCSIS 3.0 SBG6580
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joey
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this done was bring up "magicTalk" which already comes up if i click on the old shortcut with the dongle unplugged. I am using XP. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eddo617
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Dongle to Cd or Hard Drive Reply with quote

Guys can you help me, i dont want to have to use my MJ dongle for my laptop could someone help me save it to the hard drive or put it on a CD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eddo617
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Magicjack dongle Reply with quote

I dont know where to find the magic jack drive so i can copy it, can someone help me i want to run magicjack without a dongle for my laptop....
If it helps i have a compaq presario with Vista
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 28 Mar 2008
Posts: 563
Location: Maryland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Magicjack dongle Reply with quote

eddo617 wrote:
I dont know where to find the magic jack drive so i can copy it, can someone help me i want to run magicjack without a dongle for my laptop....
If it helps i have a compaq presario with Vista


Try reading BEFORE writing - this is no longer possible with MJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eddo617
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: No Dongle Reply with quote

Yeah well you dont have to be an ass about it, and i figured someone would of figured another way around it!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldtimercurt
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 281
Location: Pensacola

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be an ass...

If someone had found a solution, searching would have led you to it. That's what its for. Welcome to the forum.

OTC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
black6spdz
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Magicjack dongle Reply with quote

hsweiss wrote:
eddo617 wrote:
I dont know where to find the magic jack drive so i can copy it, can someone help me i want to run magicjack without a dongle for my laptop....
If it helps i have a compaq presario with Vista


Try reading BEFORE writing - this is no longer possible with MJ.


oldtimercurt wrote:
Not to be an ass...

If someone had found a solution, searching would have led you to it. That's what its for. Welcome to the forum.

OTC


you guys need to lay off the new guy.. it was a legitimate question seeing how this three year old thread is still a f#^%^ STICKY!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wetjack
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how (or where the post is if previously answered) to use MJ dongles on a MAC?
Thnx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
satishbodla
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: I'm unable to browse magicjack folder in magicjack drive Reply with quote

Hi,

I wanted to use magicjack without plugging USB device and followed one of the posts published in this website and I'm unable to locate magicjack folder in magicjack drive. Can you please help?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB Turbo Extended Edition © 2013, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.