magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Easy way to use magicJack without usb dongle...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
orange_moon35
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this what happened with me !!
any idea how to fix it ?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Google
AdSense





PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Back to top
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

luckyj wrote:
-ph03n!x- files worked. but only to start up the mj and got phone number stuck at 000-000-0000. if the dongle present at anytime (with Internet), the program will update itself.

with the lastest dongle, noway I can see All the files that are in the "phone" drive. even tried it with a Mac osX 10.5.8. Just the .autorun.ico and the .inf files.

Anyone has anyluck exacting sip info with the latest dongle? Please share.

Thanks!


Do you have a cfgcache.dat from the old version? that is the key to make it work without the dongle. i have a feeling it is unique to each mj install, and that is why i am not sharing the one from my working version...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange_moon35 wrote:
this what happened with me !!
any idea how to fix it ?




Can you give us more details -

was it working before and then this happened?
do i have any visible damage to the dongle?
have you tried on a different computer?
do both the magicjack mass storage and CD drives show up in My Computer when the dongle is plugged in?

I have seen this happen if one of the drives do not get detected - and that would invariably be because of one form or other autorun.inf infection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

ph03n!x wrote:
luckyj wrote:
-ph03n!x- files worked. but only to start up the mj and got phone number stuck at 000-000-0000. if the dongle present at anytime (with Internet), the program will update itself.

with the lastest dongle, noway I can see All the files that are in the "phone" drive. even tried it with a Mac osX 10.5.8. Just the .autorun.ico and the .inf files.

Anyone has anyluck exacting sip info with the latest dongle? Please share.

Thanks!


Do you have a cfgcache.dat from the old version? that is the key to make it work without the dongle. i have a feeling it is unique to each mj install, and that is why i am not sharing the one from my working version...




I just got MJ last week and wonder if ph03n!x's method still work, the magicjack drive show up for a short time and then it shows as "Removable Disk". When I try to click it, it says "Please insert a disk into drive G: ". Can anyone update on this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 784

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

uniquefa2 wrote:
ph03n!x wrote:
luckyj wrote:
-ph03n!x- files worked. but only to start up the mj and got phone number stuck at 000-000-0000. if the dongle present at anytime (with Internet), the program will update itself.

with the lastest dongle, noway I can see All the files that are in the "phone" drive. even tried it with a Mac osX 10.5.8. Just the .autorun.ico and the .inf files.

Anyone has anyluck exacting sip info with the latest dongle? Please share.

Thanks!


Do you have a cfgcache.dat from the old version? that is the key to make it work without the dongle. i have a feeling it is unique to each mj install, and that is why i am not sharing the one from my working version...




I just got MJ last week and wonder if ph03n!x's method still work, the magicjack drive show up for a short time and then it shows as "Removable Disk". When I try to click it, it says "Please insert a disk into drive G: ". Can anyone update on this?


Sorry, no longer possible
_________________
Good Luck

CrackerJack

MagicJack Customer #73
MagicJack user since May 2007
MagicJack abuser since June 2007
"I gots mo' numbers than a Lotto machine!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
uniquefa2 wrote:
ph03n!x wrote:
luckyj wrote:
-ph03n!x- files worked. but only to start up the mj and got phone number stuck at 000-000-0000. if the dongle present at anytime (with Internet), the program will update itself.

with the lastest dongle, noway I can see All the files that are in the "phone" drive. even tried it with a Mac osX 10.5.8. Just the .autorun.ico and the .inf files.

Anyone has anyluck exacting sip info with the latest dongle? Please share.

Thanks!


Do you have a cfgcache.dat from the old version? that is the key to make it work without the dongle. i have a feeling it is unique to each mj install, and that is why i am not sharing the one from my working version...




I just got MJ last week and wonder if ph03n!x's method still work, the magicjack drive show up for a short time and then it shows as "Removable Disk". When I try to click it, it says "Please insert a disk into drive G: ". Can anyone update on this?


Sorry, no longer possible



crackerjack,

Thanks for the info.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jasy
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2009
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Succeeded with SIPDump and xlite and some other site Reply with quote

Used SIPDump.exe to 9 dump files.

Started it when the opening magicjack progress bar came up after inserting the dongle.

Used this guide http://magicjackhacks.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=69
but instead of SIP.Connection.Refresh I used the DialPl* as search reference. And searched about 100 lines before and 100 lines after the DialPl* http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/using-grep-to-find-your-mj-pw-t9072.html

Did not use mjmd5. Used the IP address that comes up repeatedly in the dumpfiles

Password was still a 20 character allcaps but did not start with B

Used xlite to call a cell and used the cell to call xlite. It worked. Will see how it follows through....

If this post is not appropriate in the topic, sorry.. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bronder
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: simple fix, still dongle but better Reply with quote

I see most of you concerned of bumping the dongle off your laptop. So am I. last week I updated and got pissed that:

1) lost my contact list
2) no-dongle fix doesn't work any more.

Im recovering my contacts by opening the adressbook.xml and copying them over. I don't like MJ having my phone numbers.

My interim solution to the no-dongle failure is to use an short usb extension cord that I leave attached to my MJ all the time and store it that way. The other end I plug to my laptop , so there is less risk of bumping into the mj. I put a little velcro on the back of the MJ and another piece on the back of my laptop's display.

Also by using the extension I reduce the wear on the MJ's port, if the extension gets damaged I replaced only the extension.

Like you I would prefer to get the no-dongle fixed working, but this is what I will do until something better comes along.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dannyhightower
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Just to Clarify Reply with quote

After traveling all over the world without the dongle I see it no longer works. When I did the original setup I made a mistake and copied the software to 2 separate places on my hard drive and that second place has NEVER been updated in over a year. Is there a way I can use that location (those original files) and still be dongle free?. Is so was this covered in the thread and I have just not understood it?

I have all my fingers and toes crossed waiting for an answer Smile Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: I got the cfg file copied over and was able to get it started but alas got the same 000-000-0000 as everyone else. Sad If there is some other possibility because i have a backup copy of all the files please let me know. I think its not looking good though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KnifeEdge
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I keep trying to get this to work to no avail.

I have followed the instructions exactly but as soon as I remove the dongle the program exits. When I try to open it from the created shortcut, I get the error that the program cannot load without the dongle.

I have Win 7.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajicHack
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was forced the upgrade tonight and got the new crap. the CD drive and F drive appears for a bit and disappears. Is it still posible to go dongleless? I've had it that way for past 2 years. I auto renewed because my Subscription ran out which led to all of this calamity.

I still have ALL of my old backup MJ files! Tried to rerun that after using MJremover, no beans.

HELP!!!

If I ever do get the PC dongleless again, I have a good mind where to stick it! :evil:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agit
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: MJ Without the dongle Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Would any1 please let me know if we can still use the MJ without the dongle cuz after the update no longer work

Thanks YOU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
talhahs
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: MJ Without the dongle Reply with quote

agit wrote:
Hello everyone,

Would any1 please let me know if we can still use the MJ without the dongle cuz after the update no longer work

Thanks YOU


What about if we can use our USB flash drive as a dongle? Is it possible to copy older majicjack folder to our custom USB FLASH drive and make the softphone feel like that the dongle is plugged in. I hope we can get through by this, i am waiting for the solution fingers crossed Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noneyayaya
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: MJKILL EASY Reply with quote

A little late but this is how you can kill magicjack by two clicks of your mouse. Goto windows/system32 find cmd.exe right click and make a shortcut on your desktop. Once it is there use this for the target: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c tskill magicjack


I named it mjkill but obviously you can name it whatever you want. Enjoy Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaylee
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Magic Jack files not found Reply with quote

I accessed my Magtic Jack hard drive directory and there are only three files in directory and they are all named autorun, is this correct? Is this what I copy to my hard drive?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB Turbo Extended Edition © 2013, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.