magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easy way to use magicJack without usb dongle...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trickysam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some coding help. I'm trying to turn this into an automated script.

Here's what I've got:

mkdir c:\MagicJack
xcopy /e/h/y g:\MagicJack c:\MagicJack

mkdir c:\mjusbsp
xcopy /e/h/y c:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp c:\mjusbsp

xxmklink "c:\Users\Owner\Desktop\magicJack.lnk" "C:\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe /foreground /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot c:\magicjack" "" "c:\mjusbsp"

taskkill /im magicjack.exe
taskkill /im mjsetup.exe

Reg Delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run /v cdloader /f
Reg Delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run /v cdloader /f
Reg Delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\cdloader" /f
Reg Delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder\cdloader" /f

C:\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe /foreground /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot C:\magicJack

Everything's fine except for the xxmklink part. It makes a shortcut, but it's all messed up. I need some information on the /scf switch (which executes properly at the end of the script to call the magicJack application) but I'm having real trouble finding it. I assume it forces magicjack.exe to use c:\magicjack instead of g:\magicjack (which is on the USB dongle).

I can work around by making the working shortcut manually (which works fine, even though I type the same thing into the box) and then including it in the installation package, but I'd like to be able to do it all from within the single batch file.

Any help would be appreciated. I just would like to be able to automate this, since every so often I have to plug in the dongle to use the jack on it. After I do, I have to redo all this, and it would be nice to have it in a script. Plus, if anybody asks me how to do it, I can just give them the script instead of telling them how to do it (or in the case of my mother, coming over and doing it myself.)

Thanks in advance.
novaflare
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: windows 7 Reply with quote

the instructions here do not work on windows 7 any one know how to get it to work with out the dongle on windows 7?
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Update breaks using without dongle Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was using the MJ without the dongle for a while now, thanks to johnnyboy!

I plugged in the dongle to see if I am getting any updates today - big mistake! I got updated to 1.90.521.2, dated 12/25/2009 (who releases their work on Christmas?!!)

After the update, I re-did the steps to run MJ without the dongle, and guess what, I get "Could not Start" error.

Any helps??
goliath6900
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here. after updating yesterday, the dongle free magicjack stopped working. anyway around this?
agit
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: No more dongless Reply with quote

Hello guys

After the new upgrade we cannot use the mj without the dongle -- any way arround that i know many smart ppl in here will find the solutuion
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this-

Anyone who got the new update, got MJ working without dongle?? I tried working around the update- using the installation from the previous update we got in 1st August after deleting the MJUSB folder. But when it starts, it tries the update again.

Something changed in the registry tht is forcing this update? I was using the Aug version without plugging in the dongle until yesterday, and no update came- until I plugged in dongle.
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright - here is what I did to get this working.

1) Look for the Install*.exe and Setup*.exe in the MJUSBSP folder under %appdata%, and copy the ones dated August 2009 to some place else (Desktop?!)
2) Delete the MJUSBSP folder
3) Make sure CDLOADER is not running, delete it from the HKCU\...\Run
4) Plug in the dongle
5) Go to the MajicJack drive and delete the CfgCache.dat from the MagicJack folder (it is a hidden file)
6) Run the Setup*.exe you had copied earlier (with the dongle plugged in)
7) After MJ is up and running, follow the steps given in this thread to make MJ work without the dongle

It Works!! Now dont plug in the dongle and update again Very Happy

Thanks to this post in the Technical Support forum (http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/mj-update-today-1-03-10-t8121-45.html):
bitstopjoe wrote:
This is the reply to an email I sent to MJ which "fixed" my contact list not being loaded. It reverted my MJ back to the 8/1/2009 update.
Question is will it stay this way or will the new update be pushed through again? So far it hasnt but it has only been about an hr. I guess time will tell. This should also fix any other problems people are having after the latest "update"
Here you go:
Hi Joe,

Please perform the steps below.

1. Open My Computer and look for magicJack(Vista Only Drive).
2. Right click and hit Explore.
3. Make sure to set it to "Show Hidden Folders"
4. Open magicjack folder.
5. Delete the file named CfgCache.dat

Run the upgrade/downgrade link :
http://upgrades.talk4free.com/upgrade/20090801000001/upgrade.exe

Please confirm me if this works.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Joe Sica
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ph03n!x wrote:
Alright - here is what I did to get this working.

1) Look for the Install*.exe and Setup*.exe in the MJUSBSP folder under %appdata%, and copy the ones dated August 2009 to some place else (Desktop?!)
2) Delete the MJUSBSP folder
3) Make sure CDLOADER is not running, delete it from the HKCU\...\Run
4) Plug in the dongle
5) Go to the MajicJack drive and delete the CfgCache.dat from the MagicJack folder (it is a hidden file)
6) Run the Setup*.exe you had copied earlier (with the dongle plugged in)
7) After MJ is up and running, follow the steps given in this thread to make MJ work without the dongle

It Works!! Now dont plug in the dongle and update again Very Happy

Thanks to this post in the Technical Support forum (http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/mj-update-today-1-03-10-t8121-45.html):
bitstopjoe wrote:
This is the reply to an email I sent to MJ which "fixed" my contact list not being loaded. It reverted my MJ back to the 8/1/2009 update.
Question is will it stay this way or will the new update be pushed through again? So far it hasnt but it has only been about an hr. I guess time will tell. This should also fix any other problems people are having after the latest "update"
Here you go:
Hi Joe,

Please perform the steps below.

1. Open My Computer and look for magicJack(Vista Only Drive).
2. Right click and hit Explore.
3. Make sure to set it to "Show Hidden Folders"
4. Open magicjack folder.
5. Delete the file named CfgCache.dat

Run the upgrade/downgrade link :
http://upgrades.talk4free.com/upgrade/20090801000001/upgrade.exe

Please confirm me if this works.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Joe Sica

Not sure where the install & setup files are. When I "upgraded" my mjusbsp directory ended up with several subdirectories: ar00000, ar00001, in00000, st00000, ug00000, and Upgrade. Any setup & install files I have are dated Dec 2009 or today (1/11/2010 - the date of the upgrade).
trexv
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! i'm having difficulty running magicjack without the dongle. when i manually start the august version without the dongle, it initiates the upgrade, and then it stops, complaining that i should have the dongle connected. is there any way to disable the upgrades? has anybody been successful in downgrading and running dongleless? thanks a lot
mocars2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the link - http://upgrades.talk4free.com/upgrade/20090801000001/upgrade.exe

seems dead. Anyone else got this to open up?anyone got the Aug downgrade which they can share, thanks
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link instead. http://www.fileswap.com/share/11f253b8b41b9272fa4abf66c98f1951/upgrade14.exe.html
kidnme10
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Warning MJ wcan not start Reply with quote

I went through all of the steps and I am using Vista Home Premium. I get warning MJ can not start when I attempt to start MJ.
kidnme10
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: help getting warning Reply with quote

I followed all of these instructions as posted on wiki but, when I unplug the dongle and startup MJ i get Warning MJ could not start.

1. Plug in the magicJack USB device.
2. Start MagicJack if it didn't start automatically. Wait until it is "Ready to call."
3. Go to Windows Task Manager (alt-ctrl-delete to access it.).
* Kill the magicjack.exe process.
* If present, kill the mjsetup.exe process.
4. Copy the "magicJack" folder from the MagicJack flash drive to a drive on your computer.
* For this example we will assume you copied to "C:\magicJack\".
5. If you don't already have a shortcut on your desktop to the magicJackLoader.exe, make one now. This program is found in your mjusbsp directory, which was located in the preparation step above.
6. Right-click on the shortcut, click Properties.
7. Replace the "Target" field with:
"{drive:\path_to_mjusbsp}\magicJack.exe" /foreground /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "C:\magicJack"
* Notice the use of "magicJack.exe" instead of "magicJackLoader.exe"
8. Put {drive:\path_to_mjusbsp}\mjusbsp in the "Start in" field.
9. Go to Start->Run, type "msconfig", go to the Startup tab and disable "cdloader2".
10. With the USB device still installed, run MagicJack using the shortcut you created (or edited).
11. After it starts, and is "ready to call," end MagicJack by going into Task Manager and killing the magicjack.exe process.
12. Safely remove the USB device.

You should now be able to start MagicJack using the shortcut you created (or edited). It should start fine and be ready to call
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidnme10.... See page 14, ph03n!x for what he did to correct the 12/24/2009 upgrade which eliminated the MJ running as a service. Hope this helps and please post your results.
kidnme10
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: @ lseay29 Reply with quote

I followed all the steps on pg14 and I continue to get Warning MJ can't start, when the dongle is not plugged in. However, when I pressed the mjsetup.exe nothing happened.
mocars2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: @ lseay29 Reply with quote

kidnme10 wrote:
I followed all the steps on pg14 and I continue to get Warning MJ can't start, when the dongle is not plugged in. However, when I pressed the mjsetup.exe nothing happened.

Did you 1st connect the MJ -THEN - DL and run the upgrade.exe that lseay29 listed above? I haven't yet run the steps on pg14 - will those steps work on XPPro?
mocars2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange thing happened after I installed the above upgrade14, I put the dongle back in and it just kept saying, in the left box on the keypad, it was installing an upgrade and to wait. My phone number at the top was now 000-000-0000. After about 20 minutes it still was saying it was installing an upgrade. I hooked upa phone - got a dial tone but when I dialed a number, nothing happened. I took the dongle out waited a few minutes and put it back in and the samething happened. Luckily I had a copy of the mjusbp file and replaced it back and it now worked.

Anyone know why after installing the upgrade14 above, the new upgrade wouldn't install and why my MJ wouldn't workafter that?
lseay29
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mocars2... I sent you a PM message.
abc121264
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: It does not work for me Reply with quote

I tried it as u mintion above but unfortunately I got

Warning:
magicJack
Could not start

click here for help

Any suggestion will be highly appresiated
runeland1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of February 7, I have not been able to get this to work. If anyone can upload their working files so we can just copy them onto our system that would be great.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting the no-dongle shortcut to dump the startup into a log file, I find that the latest version of the code sets a watchdog timer looking for the hardware. When it doesn't find the hardware, we don't get a startup. I was hoping that there was a switch (for debug purposes) to startup w/o setting the watchdog. But so far, I've not found anything in the released code. I have not had the time yet, but I wonder if the "downgrade" code available on the MJ website (for those who had problems with the latest release) would allow dongle-less operations?
filmguy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to do this on the mac
canada2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Johnyboy U R A GENIUS!! Reply with quote

DaveTap wrote:
LisaD wrote:
Thanks for the tip!! Worked for me and what a difference!! Took me a whole 3 minutes to do..
One question..could it be possible to use your telephone modem in the pc so you can use your handset telephone?? you know what I mean??

Sorry LisaD but they are 2 different interfaces... the MajicJack like the phone company is FXS (which includes DC power) while the modem plug is an FXO (which can only use power). However if you want to use your computer as a fax you should be able to connect the modem to the MajicJack and if its a voice-modem it should be able to place and receive calls as well.
Quote:
i cannot use my magicjack with my internal modem, what do you think is wrong? i can call through the magic jack but not my program. i connected a telephone cable to the magicjack and my pc modem
canada2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Johnyboy U R A GENIUS!! Reply with quote

DaveTap wrote:
LisaD wrote:
Thanks for the tip!! Worked for me and what a difference!! Took me a whole 3 minutes to do..
One question..could it be possible to use your telephone modem in the pc so you can use your handset telephone?? you know what I mean??

Sorry LisaD but they are 2 different interfaces... the MajicJack like the phone company is FXS (which includes DC power) while the modem plug is an FXO (which can only use power). However if you want to use your computer as a fax you should be able to connect the modem to the MajicJack and if its a voice-modem it should be able to place and receive calls as well.
Quote:
i cannot use my magicjack with my internal modem, what do you think is wrong? i can call through the magic jack but not my program. i connected a telephone cable to the magicjack and my pc modem
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hsweiss wrote:
Not sure where the install & setup files are. When I "upgraded" my mjusbsp directory ended up with several subdirectories: ar00000, ar00001, in00000, st00000, ug00000, and Upgrade. Any setup & install files I have are dated Dec 2009 or today (1/11/2010 - the date of the upgrade).

Sorry folks, I was not able to login here for so long.

I am making the process simpler - those who are still not able to get this to work, please follow the following steps:

1) Find your mjusbsp folder (Start > Run > %appdata%), delete it. Delete every other copy of MJUSBSP you may have gathered / made
2) Make sure CDLOADER is not running (end task in task Manager)
3) Delete CDLOADER if you find it in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
4) Download the rar file from this location: http://rapidshare.com/files/353031445/mjusbsp.rar - this is the contents of my mjusbsp folder (August update - ver 1.80.499.2) that is working fine without the dongle.

WARNING: I have an updated antivirus / antispam, and I believe i have the common sense to not gather a virus infection. But I strongly recommend you to scan the files thoroughly. And NO, I am not a nut who infects his files and shares it with you!.

NOTE: The RAR file is password protected for all of our safety. PM me for the password please

5) Extract the mjusbsp folder to location in your HDD
6) Plug in the dongle, go to the MagicJack drive and delete the CfgCache.dat from the MagicJack folder (it is hidden)
7) Copy the MagicJack folder to your harddisk (I suggest you move the mjusbsp to a common location, and copy the MagicJack folder to the same location. In my computer, I have a folder called D:\magicjack, and have mjusbsp and MagicJack folders under this - D:\magicjack\mjsubsp and D:\magicjack\MagicJack)
8 ) Create a new shortcut in your desktop that points to the MagicJack.exe that is located in the mjusbsp folder you extracted from my rar file as give in the example below:

Example: "D:\MagicJack\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe" /foreground /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "D:\MagicJack\magicJack" (replace the path correctly with where you have placed the mjusbsp and MagicJack folders)

9) The new shortcut should have this for "Start in" - "D:\MagicJack\mjusbsp" (replace the path correctly with where you have placed the mjusbsp and MagicJack folders)

Your new shortcut should launch MagicJack without the dongle. You might have to have the dongle plugged in the first time you start MagicJack for the first time.

I have not tried these steps yet, I will be doing it shortly in another system that has never seen magicjack at all. Post your replies / questions / comments - lets get this to work for all of us here!

UPDATE: I was NOT able to make these steps work on a system that never had Magicjack installed. I have tried installing it the normal way, and then carry out these steps too - for some reason, the magicJack.exe refuses to start, and exits without an error or even a UI.

The same set of files still continue to work in my other laptop without the dongle, though.

If someone still wants to experiment, PM me for the password for the RAR file.

Last edited by ph03n!x on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the update included in the previous post please!!

I might be overlooking something, but no - the sucker does not work on a different computer when I follow my own steps!

The difference between the two computer is:

Working without dongle:
1) MagicJack was installed with the dongle, and was working in this laptop for a long time (more than a year)
2) I last updated Magicjack in December, which broke the without-dongle feature
3) I followed my own steps to get it work without the dongle by rolling back to Aug update
4) It is a Win7 x64 laptop

Not working without Dongle:
1) MagicJack was never installed on this before
2) When I followed my steps as per the previous post, it failed to load the magicjack.exe
3) When I go through the normal installation, I get an update dated Feb 18th
4) It is a Win7 x86 installation.

I am still trying to figure things out, will keep you posted.
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is I got it to work...

...the bad news is do not know what I did to make it to work!!!

If you have the magicJack folder copied to your harddisk earlier (when all was fine and the damn thing was working without the dongle for you), KEEP IT SAFE - that is the key.

I am going to summarize all that I did in the past hour and half:

I installed the update, then followed my steps from P15 of this thread.
I did a System Restore, used the Setup1.exe from the mjusbsp\Upgrade folder from the RAR file I have uploaded in Rapidshare - it still was adamant to do the upgrade.
I deleted all mjusb and magicJack entries from my registry, tried opening the without-dongle shortcut.
I deleted all temp files.

At some point the without-dongle MagicJack opened (until now, it will not even open), but still wanted to upgrade
I renamed all files modified today in the magicJack folders (in my HDD as well as on the dongle) to .old - still wants to upgrade when I open mu withou-dongle shortcut
I deleted the magicJack folder I have in my HDD and copied the one that I had in the laptop (where all is fine, and I do not need the dongle)

Bingo, it worked.

If someone can make head / tail out of what I did, and can come up with an easier tutorial, it will be helpful for all here Very Happy

BOTTOM LINE FOR TODAY:
You can still make it to work without the dongle using the August upgrade (using my rar from P15), but you might have to experiment a whole lot Rolling Eyes
simplesimon37
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to restore operation without the dongle by simply running the 'downgrade'. It appears that the Contact list now being used is the one stored on the dongle/files on hard drive and not downloaded from the net each time!!.

Whenever mJ starts up however, the advert states I will be receiving the 'important' update. The next step will be to try and stop mJ from updating automagically!!! Don't know how to do that other than perhaps setting the mJ directories to "read only" perhaps.
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get it to work using the files I had posted??!
pcguy760
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this sucks - I just got a new laptop (again) and wanted to install the soft phone to it but no go Sad - Magicjack is silly for blocking it like because it never use to let you use BOTH the dongle and the softphone on two different computers at the SAME TIME anyways (I tried this a while ago lol)

Anyway, Phoenix could you pm me the password to your file so I can attempt this...thanks.
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given the password to a handful already - and none updated if it worked or no!!! Sad
karbud
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: HOW TO COPY FOLDER TO HARDDRIVE Reply with quote

SORRY I DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT A PC IM A DISABLED VET THIS IS MY FIRST PC AND I JUST RECENTLY GOT A MAGICJACK I HAVENT HAD A PHONE SERVICE IN 4 YEARS COULDNT AFFORD.I LIKE MAGICJACK BUT DONT LIKE IT STICKING OUT OF MY LAPTOP IM AFRAID IM GOING TO HIT SOMETHING AND TEAR UP MY LAPTOP IM IN A WHEELCHAIR SO IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANKS, KEVIN
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO COPY FOLDER TO HARDDRIVE Reply with quote

karbud wrote:
SORRY I DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT A PC IM A DISABLED VET THIS IS MY FIRST PC AND I JUST RECENTLY GOT A MAGICJACK I HAVENT HAD A PHONE SERVICE IN 4 YEARS COULDNT AFFORD.I LIKE MAGICJACK BUT DONT LIKE IT STICKING OUT OF MY LAPTOP IM AFRAID IM GOING TO HIT SOMETHING AND TEAR UP MY LAPTOP IM IN A WHEELCHAIR SO IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANKS, KEVIN

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum. Can you get help from someone who can understand what has been discussed in the last two pages and do it for you in your laptop? We right now do not have a sure shot solution posted here, and my posts are trials that I somehow managed to come out successful with, but not sure how!
karbud
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: HOW TO COPY FOLDER TO HARDDRIVE Reply with quote

[quote="ph03n!x"]
karbud wrote:
THANKS, KEVIN

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum. Can you get help from someone who can understand what has been discussed in the last two pages and do it for you in your laptop? We right now do not have a sure shot solution posted here, and my posts are trials that I somehow managed to come out successful with, but not sure how![/quote

HI, THANK U FOR THE WELCOME. SORRY BUT I LIVE BY MYSELF I HAVE NO HELP BUT IM READING A LOT AND TAKING ALL THE FREE PC CLASSES I CAN. I WILL KEEP TRYING TO TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE DESIGNED IM JUST NOT SURE HOW TO COPY MJ TO MY HDD, I CREATED THE SHORT CUT AND I PUT IN THE TARGET AND START IN BUT WHEN I TRY TO APPLY IT SAYS FILE NOT FOUND OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I HAVE A ? IF U CAN ANSWER IF FOR ME, AM I SUPPOSE TO PUT IN THE {"} OR AM I SUPPOSE TO LEAVE THEM OFF. IM AMAZED AT HOW U DESIGNED THAT PROGRAM! I ONLY WISH I CAN GET SMART ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL WHAT U DESIGNED, DONT THINK I WILL EVER BE SMART ENOUGH TO DESIGN SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WELCOME AND A SPECIAL THANKS FOR THE REPLY. AND IM SORRY FOR BOTHERING U WITH MY QUESTIONS I WILL CONTINUE MY TRAINING SO THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW TO INSTALL YOUR PROGRAM.

] THANKS AGAIN KEVIN
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin Smile

Btwm I didnt design anything - its a collective effort of a lot of people over here, and I just figured something out after the last update made the MJ without dongle to stop working!

As for the shortcut, It should be something like this (including quotes and all)-

"D:\MagicJack\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe" /foreground /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "D:\MagicJack\magicJack"

The first bold text is the path to the folder where you have copied the mjusbsp folder, which contains the magicjack.exe file (in my computer, it is D:\MagicJack\mjusbsp)

The second bold text is the path to the location where you copied the magicJack folder that is in the MagicJack USB dongle.

Hope this makes sense...
sweetraskels
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: hi, mj without dongle not working Reply with quote

hi,
i tried this and
when i double click on the mj icon
i get an error saying
warning
magic jack could not start
click here for help...
how would i fix it
bubamarkus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Same issues Reply with quote

Same issues with the latest update. I guess they check if the dongle is physically present. Is there any way around it?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Same issues Reply with quote

bubamarkus wrote:
Same issues with the latest update. I guess they check if the dongle is physically present. Is there any way around it?
If you are unable to run dongleless now get your sip credentials and run MJ with xlite and MJMD5. Setup xlite with your headset and mic and your good to go. You may also find the call quality a bit better this way.
bubamarkus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Encrypted SIP password Reply with quote

With the latest update 1.92 there is no way yet to retrieve sip credentials automatically. Password is encrypted now.
luckyj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

-ph03n!x- files worked. but only to start up the mj and got phone number stuck at 000-000-0000. if the dongle present at anytime (with Internet), the program will update itself.

with the lastest dongle, noway I can see All the files that are in the "phone" drive. even tried it with a Mac osX 10.5.8. Just the .autorun.ico and the .inf files.

Anyone has anyluck exacting sip info with the latest dongle? Please share.

Thanks!
orange_moon35
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this what happened with me !!
any idea how to fix it ?

ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

luckyj wrote:
-ph03n!x- files worked. but only to start up the mj and got phone number stuck at 000-000-0000. if the dongle present at anytime (with Internet), the program will update itself.

with the lastest dongle, noway I can see All the files that are in the "phone" drive. even tried it with a Mac osX 10.5.8. Just the .autorun.ico and the .inf files.

Thanks!

Do you have a cfgcache.dat from the old version? that is the key to make it work without the dongle. i have a feeling it is unique to each mj install, and that is why i am not sharing the one from my working version...
ph03n!x
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange_moon35 wrote:
this what happened with me !!
any idea how to fix it ?

Can you give us more details -

was it working before and then this happened?
do i have any visible damage to the dongle?
have you tried on a different computer?
do both the magicjack mass storage and CD drives show up in My Computer when the dongle is plugged in?

I have seen this happen if one of the drives do not get detected - and that would invariably be because of one form or other autorun.inf infection.
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

ph03n!x wrote:
luckyj wrote:

Thanks!

Do you have a cfgcache.dat from the old version? that is the key to make it work without the dongle. i have a feeling it is unique to each mj install, and that is why i am not sharing the one from my working version...

I just got MJ last week and wonder if ph03n!x's method still work, the magicjack drive show up for a short time and then it shows as "Removable Disk". When I try to click it, it says "Please insert a disk into drive G: ". Can anyone update on this?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

uniquefa2 wrote:
ph03n!x wrote:
luckyj wrote:

Thanks!

I just got MJ last week and wonder if ph03n!x's method still work, the magicjack drive show up for a short time and then it shows as "Removable Disk". When I try to click it, it says "Please insert a disk into drive G: ". Can anyone update on this?

Sorry, no longer possible
uniquefa2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: can start with no dongle using -ph03n!x- phone#0000000 Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
uniquefa2 wrote:
ph03n!x wrote:
luckyj wrote:

Thanks!

Sorry, no longer possible

crackerjack,

Thanks for the info.
jasy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Succeeded with SIPDump and xlite and some other site Reply with quote

Used SIPDump.exe to 9 dump files.

Started it when the opening magicjack progress bar came up after inserting the dongle.

Used this guide http://magicjackhacks.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=69
but instead of SIP.Connection.Refresh I used the DialPl* as search reference. And searched about 100 lines before and 100 lines after the DialPl* http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/using-grep-to-find-your-mj-pw-t9072.html

Did not use mjmd5. Used the IP address that comes up repeatedly in the dumpfiles

Password was still a 20 character allcaps but did not start with B

Used xlite to call a cell and used the cell to call xlite. It worked. Will see how it follows through....

If this post is not appropriate in the topic, sorry.. Embarassed
bronder
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: simple fix, still dongle but better Reply with quote

I see most of you concerned of bumping the dongle off your laptop. So am I. last week I updated and got pissed that:

1) lost my contact list
2) no-dongle fix doesn't work any more.

Im recovering my contacts by opening the adressbook.xml and copying them over. I don't like MJ having my phone numbers.

My interim solution to the no-dongle failure is to use an short usb extension cord that I leave attached to my MJ all the time and store it that way. The other end I plug to my laptop , so there is less risk of bumping into the mj. I put a little velcro on the back of the MJ and another piece on the back of my laptop's display.

Also by using the extension I reduce the wear on the MJ's port, if the extension gets damaged I replaced only the extension.

Like you I would prefer to get the no-dongle fixed working, but this is what I will do until something better comes along.
dannyhightower
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Just to Clarify Reply with quote

After traveling all over the world without the dongle I see it no longer works. When I did the original setup I made a mistake and copied the software to 2 separate places on my hard drive and that second place has NEVER been updated in over a year. Is there a way I can use that location (those original files) and still be dongle free?. Is so was this covered in the thread and I have just not understood it?

I have all my fingers and toes crossed waiting for an answer Smile Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: I got the cfg file copied over and was able to get it started but alas got the same 000-000-0000 as everyone else. Sad If there is some other possibility because i have a backup copy of all the files please let me know. I think its not looking good though...
KnifeEdge
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I keep trying to get this to work to no avail.

I have followed the instructions exactly but as soon as I remove the dongle the program exits. When I try to open it from the created shortcut, I get the error that the program cannot load without the dongle.

I have Win 7.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: