magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E911 in Standalone Mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: E911 in Standalone Mode? Reply with quote

I just upgraded to a MagicJack Plus after having the original one for the past 4 or 5 years and it finally started to die. I'm using the MJ+ in standalone mode and am trying to make sure my 911 is set up for it, but when I go into my Account and click on 911, on that page it says "911 is not available" on the line for my MJ+. Is e911 not available for standalone mode?

Also I've still got time left on my account for the regular MJ. Does that transfer over to the new MJ+ or do I need to buy some time? Does the MJ+ come with a year's worth of service when you buy it like the original did?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e911 is available on both the standard and "plus" MJ devices, including when the MJ+ is used as a "stand-alone" device; it is unavailable only with iOS and Android app installations. I suggest that you make sure that your MJ account is otherwise set up correctly, and if this weird issue with your account persists that you start an online live help chat to get it resolved.

As far as how much time you now have on your M+ goes, just check it online within your account; how much time there is there depends upon exactly how you "upgraded."
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
e911 is available on both the standard and "plus" MJ devices, including when the MJ+ is used as a "stand-alone" device; it is unavailable only with iOS and Android app installations. I suggest that you make sure that your MJ account is otherwise set up correctly, and if this weird issue with your account persists that you start an online live help chat to get it resolved.

As far as how much time you now have on your M+ goes, just check it online within your account; how much time there is there depends upon exactly how you "upgraded."

Hi Steve. Thanks for your help. I checked my Account Details page and for my MJ+, it says it expires on 02/12/2014. So I guess I got a year's worth with my device purchase.

As far as making sure my account is set up correctly, can you be more specific? I looked through every link under the Account tab (911, Account Details, Add/View Pre Paid Balance, etc) and it all looks correct, including my address. Is there something else I should check as well before going to the live help?[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're referring to Calling Features > 911 within your MJ account. I can't really think of anything else, other than trying this:

1. Connect your MJ+ into your computer's USB port, and get the MJ softphone software running (if it doesn't start up on its own); it should automatically connect itself to your account and download contacts, etc. Within the softphone screen there's a place where your e911 info should be available (if your address is not already pre-selected then select it, I think it's a drop-down).

2. Log onto your MJ account, go to Calling Features > 911 and make sure that your address is selected for the MJ+ device. Then log out of your account, shut down the computer, then remove the MJ+ from it.

3. Reconnect the MJ+ to your router.

4. Start the computer up, log into your MJ account, and see if the 911 info is now there and/or if you can select your address for the MJ+ device listed.

Even if the above procedure seems to correct the problem within your account online, it would probably be a good idea to do a live help chat afterward to double-check with them that it works when your MJ+ is connected directly to your router and not your computer.
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
I assume you're referring to Calling Features > 911 within your MJ account. I can't really think of anything else, other than trying this:

1. Connect your MJ+ into your computer's USB port, and get the MJ softphone software running (if it doesn't start up on its own); it should automatically connect itself to your account and download contacts, etc. Within the softphone screen there's a place where your e911 info should be available (if your address is not already pre-selected then select it, I think it's a drop-down).

2. Log onto your MJ account, go to Calling Features > 911 and make sure that your address is selected for the MJ+ device. Then log out of your account, shut down the computer, then remove the MJ+ from it.

3. Reconnect the MJ+ to your router.

4. Start the computer up, log into your MJ account, and see if the 911 info is now there and/or if you can select your address for the MJ+ device listed.

Even if the above procedure seems to correct the problem within your account online, it would probably be a good idea to do a live help chat afterward to double-check with them that it works when your MJ+ is connected directly to your router and not your computer.

Thanks a bunch, Steve. I'll try to do this within the next couple of days if I can get a breather from schoolwork. I'll let you know how it works out. =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: