magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dummies guide: Configure an HP t5700 for MJ using XPe w/SP2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barkndog
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: phone or pc? Reply with quote

roc1479 wrote:
Are you guys using phones with this setup or just the pc?

Phones for me, and I suspect most people using thin clients are using them to hook up phones. Once the thin client is set up correctly, you can remove the monitor, keyboard and mouse - leaving just your magicjack plugged up and the phone plugged into it.

I'm sure you could use the softphone, but that would be about all you could run on the thin client. Probably a good idea to get more familiar with thin clients and embedded operating systems (particularly XPe) before you start installing magicjack on one.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: phone or pc? Reply with quote

roc1479 wrote:

My setup is with wired and cordless phones. The MJ is a second phone line for me.
discounteggroll
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone can help me out I'd be grateful. I have the MJ installed on my TC 5700, however I cannot select "telephone" under the communications options. I did the who RDP change settings so that it does not make any changes to audio to the TC, but I cannot select "telephone" radio under device.

any ideas/thoughts/comments?
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discounteggroll wrote:
...however I cannot select "telephone" under the communications options. any ideas/thoughts/comments?

Did you get to the step in Jeepster Guy's instructions with the heading
Download and Install USBAudio driver? Try that and the telephone settings may appear, you may still be missing the audio.
stav
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: messenger doesnt uninstall Reply with quote

Hi all,
MJ 5700/256/256 works just fine here, thx for the details instructions provided in this thread. Thx to all who contributed.
However,
Need more "HDD" space and cannot uninstall the messenger using the instructions given here. There is some DOS coding given somewhere in the thread but doesnt work for me. Can anyone help here?
Thx
Ryan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have The 5710 256/256 and SP1. Is it even possible to get this to work? I cant get the phone to ring or work when plugged in. It wont switch to telephone mode.
seventyseven
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: messenger doesnt uninstall Reply with quote

stav wrote:
Need more "HDD" space and cannot uninstall the messenger using the instructions given here. There is some DOS coding given somewhere in the thread but doesnt work for me. Can anyone help here?
Thx

Same here...does anyone that setup their T5700 last year happen to have the original Altiris script to uninstall Messenger? It is a dead link.
onlyme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a T5710 but am setting up a T5700 for a friend, can somebody guide me to these links listed below, I cant seem to find them. Thank You

Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove Multiple Components)
Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove .NET Messenger)
bryanj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onlyme wrote:
I have a T5710 but am setting up a T5700 for a friend, can somebody guide me to these links listed below, I cant seem to find them. Thank You

Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove Multiple Components)
Altiris XPe Add-on (Remove .NET Messenger)

I also can't find them, it seems HP has removed them.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: phone or pc? Reply with quote

roc1479 wrote:

I'm using a 2-line phone. Land line is line #1, MJ is line #2. To make a long distance call, I press line 2. The phone also can connect both lines for a 3-way conference call. For headset, I have a wireless Plantronics telephone headset (plugs into phone handset jack).
brahmabullncsu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Dummies guide: Configure an HP t5700 for MJ using XPe w/ Reply with quote

jeepsterguy wrote:

Download and Install USBAudio driver
Check the Device Manager and to see if it shows an error - YELLOW QUESTION MARK on the " Internet phone by TigerJet” if so, download the USBAudio driver from http://rs9.rapidshare.com/files/139809142/USBAudio.Driver.zip onto the TC. Extract the files to the Z: drive or other location on the TC that you can install from. On the device manager right click on the Internet Phone By TigerJet icon and select update driver. Navigate through the menu and when asked, select “Install from a list or specific location”. Select the location you extracted the USBAudio driver to and hit enter. Let the install complete. Reboot your machine.
When the unit has rebooted, go to the menu button and select Volume/Headset Control. You should be able to select the telephone button at this point. If you can, make a test call. If not, please refer to the Unofficial MagicJack Forum for tips on how to resolve your specific problem.

This part was a life saver for me! Everything worked buy my phones and this little download immediately fixed it! Thanks!!!!!
jimisbell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dummies guide: Configure an HP t5700 for MJ using XPe w/ Reply with quote

jeepsterguy wrote:

Make USB Thumb drive a bootable USB DOK device
Please use a 1GB (or larger) thumb drive for this step. Use this link to download the utility to make your USB thumb drive a bootable DOK (Disk on Key) and to get the DOS files you will need to make the bootable USB drive.
http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm
Follow the instructions on the site to create the USB DOK. The instructions work well for what you will need.

The problem with the instructions on Bay-Wolf is that at one point they want to know the location of the Win98 DOS files and I DONT have any Win98 DOS files, I am running XP. What do I do then???
Alpman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?2m3azyfwxyj

Alpman aka acpcguy on ebay
angelscamp.pc.guy@sbcglobal.net
jimisbell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, that did it. BUT...I finished the complete install and removal of programs and installation of DirectX. All went well until I plugged in the MJ module...which had been working until just minutes before on my Desktop...so I know it works....then on the TC it started displaying the picture of the MJ module with the green message "Downloading, please do not unplug." with the four blinking dots. This has been going on for over one and a half hours and shows no sign of ending. I will let it run overnight but I expect to see it still downloading in the morning. It aint working.....
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you already install the USB Audio drivers and commit the changes? You will need them for the handset to work properly.

As far as the "download in progress" issue, unplug the mJ, reboot the TC, double check Device Manager to make sure you are not missing any drivers (specifically network adapters), plug in the mJ, check for missing drivers again. You may need to enable flow control on you network adapter as well. If all is well, it should finish the download fine.

Alpman aka acpcguy on ebay
angelscamp.pc.guy@sbcglobal.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: