magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DONT GET JACKED!!!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: DONT GET JACKED!!!!!! Reply with quote

I have had a really tough time ending my trial for the MAGICJACK and would love to save people the time, money, and aggrevation of purchasing this. Look at their home pages code, they run a fake counter on their home page. Also, there technical support is crazy, they are adding so much spyware on everyone computer, they are jacking us, thats why its called the magic jack. don't get jacked from this company. you can check out my full story, and pursue action if you've already made the purchase (i'm sorry if you have)

Thanks and hope this helps at least 10 people.

Help me spread the word, i have a following ready to go to florida and stand up for our rights as consumers.
tholycross
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: What types of issues have you had? Reply with quote

I am looking at purchasing one, but was wondering what everyone else thought of theirs. What types of issues have you been having that make you wish you wouldn't have gotten it?
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: DONTGETJACKED Reply with quote

check out www.dontgetjacked.com for detailed issues.

Summary of why not to buy the magicjunk
1. They don't even use a call center to help you with the mj, if it's such a great product why don't they have a phone number???
2. They claim to send the product the same day, took 10days from the time i ordered it till it got to me.
3. They wont let you cancel, unless you install all the 3rd party advertising/spyware, and hijack your computer

check out www.dontgetjacked.com i have videos and storys of people have similar issues.
DCSholtis
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many different threads are you going to put that stuff in?!!
snowigloo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: DONTGETJACKED Reply with quote

dontgetjacked wrote:

1. They don't even use a call center to help you with the mj, if it's such a great product why don't they have a phone number???
2. They claim to send the product the same day, took 10days from the time i ordered it till it got to me.
3. They wont let you cancel, unless you install all the 3rd party advertising/spyware, and hijack your computer

check out www.dontgetjacked.com i have videos and storys of people have similar issues.

its 40 dollars give it a break. I love it works great
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: $40 means something to me Reply with quote

It's not just the money, they also hi jack your computer, i've heard users can't even re-boot their system because of this jack.
Mjhopeful
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you seriously going to spam every thread on this board?

I understand you are po'd and want to return the unit but you've never plugged it in. I am a computer tech and have been for years. My magicjack installed it's drivers and a shortcut, OMGWTFBBQ!?!?!? What amazing spyware! Printers install more crap than that and guess what when you uninstall a printer it leaves keys in the reg too. And just like a MJ when a printer stops working you have to manually delete those keys to get the usb ports to recognize it again.

I had a firm grasp of ad sponsored services before I ordered, for god's sake anyone remember netzero back in the day? If you want something that costs x dollars a minute for 20 a year you are going to have to make the company some money some way to keep them in business and maintain their equipment.

As for your website it seems childish, you have a huge biased rant and little else for proof. For gods sake one of your purported videos is of a guy setting up MJ and not complaining about getting "jacked" at all.

Right now they just started to ramp up, they are upgrading and implementing fixes, it's a beta. If they won't get you a refund decline the charges and let your credit card fight it out. If not then just dump it on ebay or craigslist.

That said best of luck on getting a refund, you could probably sell it to someone on the forum here if the mods are ok with it.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontgetjacked any chance you work for a telco like AT&T?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO MJHOPEFULL:
1. I'm not trying to spam the whole board, i just want people to know that this company is set up to get your money, not have a working product.

2. This is a very good point, I'll install it tonight to see if my thoughts and complaints are vaild, which i know that they will be. As far as 3rd party software goes, it's hard to say what ports we are allowing them into, i don't feel confortable sharing my personel information, if i don't have too. I've been ripped off by other companies in the past and just feel fed up, i'm taking a stand.

3. I don't like sell out companies, but thats the way of the future i guess, but with the lack of support i've gotten, and the rude responses from the tech chat I'm not at all laying down and quietly accepting the loss.

4. My website is going to help other people save money by not buying the magic jack, and for those who have it, we can stand together and make a difference.

5. You are right, i could just sell it, and let others fight my battle, but i'm going to take matters in my hands and do what i know how to do.

I do appreciate the way you approached me though, you seem very smart and know that this Jack has serious potential to cut our phone bill, thank you for the criticism. It does seem extreme for me to take such evasive actions, but you know i feel like i'm helping others from going through the same aggrevations i've had with this company.

p.s. the video of the guy hooking up the jack on www.dontgetjacked.com/videos has yet to recieve his refund from the jack he sent back, check his 5of5 video.
msiam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be it AleninKY I saw this guys rant on another thread. For craps sake.. Maybe he is related to scminaz..My jack is fine.. Hey Jacked... Take your report back to Verizon or ATT or where ever .. Just get out of here..$40 ..in beta.. for craps sake. man.. get a grip..
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To AlaninKY

HAHA, thats funny, i don't like really any phone companies, but feel helpless about a solution, i have a cell phone for all my bills, and feel ripped off every bill i pay. I had vonage, time warner among others, but never have i have such a in your face scam like Magic Jack. Thats why i'm so upset.
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the mj and it's just like i thought junk, i'm on the tech chat now, they are saying 72 hours to respond to an RMA so if you want to return the product before the trial runs out, make sure to give yourself ample time.

Here is the chat log.
MagicJunk: i'd like to cancel my trial, i have contacted you for an RMA but no return emails have been sent

Marnie: Did you fill out the RMA form yet?

MagicJunk: yes, 3 times

Marnie: May I know when please?

MagicJunk: the 24th, 25th ,and 26th

Marnie: Please wait again for another 24 hours for your email confirmation.

MagicJunk: it take 72 hours to respond to an RMA? so you got 10 days shipping and 4 days trying to get an RMA, then i have to send it back

MagicJunk: so of the 30 days trial you get to try it for 10 days, thats not bad, 1/3rd of the trial period is a trial

Marnie: We pologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered. Rest assure that your issue will be escalated to our higher level.
richardtaur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want them to charge your card, just cancel your credit card, and request another one. That is the resolution for yourself. That is so easy. I love my MJ. When I run into problem with my MJ and my VISTA, I solved it. When you solve the problem, it makes you feel good and proud of yourself. One of your video regarding to cancel the order. If you don't give out any info, how can you have the rep to help you out and look up your order. Please think about that. Every product is not perfect out there for every one, but the purpose of MJ is also helping people to save more money because no more monthly bill (this is really a great saving). Got to give MJ a chance, and help them to kill any other company out there. I use MJ for receiving call, VOICE mail, calling USA. My VOIPVOIP.com is used for making international call. One day, I will combine MJ and my VOIPVOIP together. That will be the best solution and resource for my own.
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish it were that simple, trust me I tried, MJ has a pending charge of $1 which allows for a future transactions. That took 25 minutes, thanks magicjunk
gooney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontgetjacked wrote:

I bet you spend more to get that site up and running than what you paid for the magicjack.

AlaninKY wrote:
dontgetjacked any chance you work for a telco like AT&T?

or vonage or maybe skype lmao, im just adding my 2 cents, dont take it serious.
Heritage227
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it.

I've had my MJ for a couple months now and it has been Perfect.

I remember reading a story once about a Tech asking a caller if they still had the box that their computer came in. Laughing

I'm not a Tech.....Far from it, But the MJ has been one of the easiest things I've ever used.
baddog
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Is it ok to Rant and Rave in the Rants and Rave Forum Reply with quote

First, it�s funny that people are up in arms when someone Rants and Raves in the Rants and Raves Forum. Maybe there needs to be an: I love MJ and mine works Forum where no pointing out of problems is allowed. So when mine finally works I can spend the rest of my time at.

Sadly Magicjack has become a hobby for me. I saw it on TV and they just showed that you just plug it in and it starts saving money. Nothing said about being a Beta, having to build things, buy addition signal boosters, and get the right phone. One thing has always worked is: yes the blue light is on and yes I can plug it into many different USB slots.

Read though the whole Q&A stuff and was impressed with the company, support and how comparable it was with all the equipment I had, read the beta stuff and thought OK they have a working product that is great. 30 day trial or money back.

Got mine on the 14th of March and it's been one problem after another. I have tried it on 5 computers and one completely plain XP just installed desktop and 6 phones. I have removed much software and changed many settings and configured routers and tried many phones and then even bought a new phone that works for other people. I have been on tech support 5 times and have solved many problems, but not from any help for them.
(is blue light on, can you change USB ports), even when I tell them what the other tech support people have been thought and what I have tried all I get is (is blue light on, can you change USB ports).

I have read about ever post here. What I don't understand is why so many people that have working MJ are combing all the trouble and rants and rave forums just to write that theirs works like a charm. So if your works and you never had to do nothing to it, you need to go away, since you have no useful experience to share. I wrote Dan and he gave me over to Rick and they are sending a new one (hopefully). That was Monday. I wrote him I could not take the tech people any longer. I will not go over all problems, that is not the point, but the forum does cover many of them.

Now if this worked on one machine and not another that would be different. So far after all that calls and configuring, I can now call but can not be heard, my phone will not ring when called and no caller ID. I have tried everything except, but will make a 100amp 1/4 resister to get caller id. So as a hobby, I can not complain for $48.50 it's a cheap hobby, But as a usable product I can, and so may others with out needing to be told: to go get a life. MJ put up a front for their product and makes it look like a mature tested wonder product and makes it seem that a whole company is ready to stand behind the product and it runs on everything except Mac. What I get is a whole bunch of people with (DAN SHOULD HIRE ME) helping and trying to get help, why would Dan need to hire them, they are working for him right now for free. God Bless everyone for their time and effort. Look at their website and they have a non working forum that they say is there, why, and why did Unofficialmagicjack have to take their place. So if you want to defend them, so be it. But do not attack the people that see through the smoke and mirrors. Would you be defending Dell if they had a product that worked for some people and was buggy or refused to boot up for others and they complained, Hey sell your dell on EBay and get a life. So I'm dreaming that this new one they are sending me works, and I can forget everything that I did to get it this far, which is not usable and I never have to read the forum for help. So if you�re MJ works wonderful why aren't you spending all your time calling people for free? As far as money making goes, as my friend once told me, "If a million people just sent me a dollar, I'd me a millionaire".
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Alan Field Reply with quote

Alan Field you made my day, thank you. Thats excatally what i wanted to hear, another resonable person, who knows the world is still going to go on with or with our rants and raves. But if we purchase a product that claim to offer 1, 2, and 3. and we only get 3 then we have been misinformed about 1 and 2.

I hope that makes sense, i'm trying to get people subscribed so i can then take the appropiate actions. people like you sir are the reason we will have justice in our economy.

HobbyJack not MagicJack, i love it.

You know i reliazed this we are all working for the MJ, we supply them with the $48 then tell them what to fix, they use our money to pay techs then eventually they'll have a working product (hopefully). I just don't like the principles behinds these types of businesses, and I feel Jacked.
Pismire
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's people like you that make me sick. Looking for an easy ride on someone elses dollar. I really hate sue-happy people like you. I wish you would be banned from this site and go away with your trivial CRAP. I have been using MJ for a few months now and has worked perfectly. It works much better than Vonage which I used for 4 years. MJ is a great product folks, don't listen to the propaganda that is spewing from this person's fingertips. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out their fake counter on their home page, to sell us on joining.
Pismire
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word of mouth sold me. I knew nothing of the counter until someone else like you was looking for a quick buck. Your not the first to find this fake counter. If there is a lawsuit and I get my $1 share of the haul I will give it back to MJ towards my second year of service. Razz Now go away back to hole you crawled out of. I'm done in this thread. Very Happy
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasted time watching those videos on your site dontgetjacked. Now go away!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
msiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.. Maybe ol' Jacked set his site up so he would get hits and be paid $$ for them.. Probably a great ploy.. get people curious about what the hell the guy is griping about.. then they go to his site and ching ching.. I agree with Pismire and AleninKY.. At least baddog handled it like a true gentleman, gave it a good shot and understands what Beta is. but, Jacked..He was on the "Sue Wagon" before he even got his MJ.. Look back at the threads.. He was ranting and raving before he even plugged it in..
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MJ works great!sure I had to properly configure my router and pc to get it working great but that is what you have to do to get any new device you have never used to work properly and since everyone has a diffrent router,modem,pc/laptop,DSL/cable,wireless/non-wireless connection etc. there is never going to be one simple solution for all MJ users.And yes,msiam is correct in stating that you judged(sue wagon) before you even got your device in the mail and that gives you zero credability right of the bat,then you finally recieve your device try it out really quick and try to defend your opinion once again by saying it does not work,oh brother Rolling Eyes I already posted on this forum that MJ is not for everyone and gave very clear details on why.Guess what, my MJ has already paid for itself and more the first two months of being used,so I wonder how I got "jacked" .So dontgetjacked was supposably ripped off before he even recieved his MJ,wow that is amazing Laughing
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very good points and you're right, i did get on the "sue wagon" because i feel that the advertiesed to me deceptivly, then when the sent me a bogus tracking number stating they plan on sending the mj to me. And i saw others waiting 10+ days for their jack I wanted to cancel. I was done with my trial, however i ending up getting the thing even though i tried to cancel, over and over.

So I gave them and you the benifit of the doubt, i'd love to get this thing up and working but i don't want to be the techy and spend my time hooking it up and losing my computer connection to the net, remove programs i need, and the list of configs go on. But because of this site, and the people giving me their opinions I connected the jack, spent an hour with tech and the were again giving me the run around. So i disconnected the device, and proceded to complain. I have that right.

It doesn't do what they advertised, i want to cancel my trial and can't so i'm losing the money so why send it back

i guess i'm stuck with a $48 USB blue light that oughta be nice for night time, and maybe i can call eventually who knows.
Gerry_52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontgetjacked wrote:
All very good points and you're right, i did get on the "sue wagon" because i feel that the advertiesed to me deceptivly, then when the sent me a bogus tracking number stating they plan on sending the mj to me. And i saw others waiting 10+ days for their jack I wanted to cancel. I was done with my trial, however i ending up getting the thing even though i tried to cancel, over and over.

So I gave them and you the benifit of the doubt, i'd love to get this thing up and working but i don't want to be the techy and spend my time hooking it up and losing my computer connection to the net, remove programs i need, and the list of configs go on. But because of this site, and the people giving me their opinions I connected the jack, spent an hour with tech and the were again giving me the run around. So i disconnected the device, and proceded to complain. I have that right.

It doesn't do what they advertised, i want to cancel my trial and can't so i'm losing the money so why send it back

i guess i'm stuck with a $48 USB blue light that oughta be nice for night time, and maybe i can call eventually who knows.

I'll give you $20 for it...that way you are only out $28.00. Mine works great, I'll send it to a friend. It is better than losing $48.00! Your welcome...
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will I! Twisted Evil
ecooper333
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....that site sure does look like it was created by someone with ulterior motives.

There are some good points, though. Clearly, MJ is a Ronco-type technology....these guys are obviously just mass marketers that use all the same stupid tricks telemarketers and used car salesmen use. Honestly, when you pay this kind of money for an item that sells on TV and the internet, you have to expect what you're getting....I am having constant technical problems, but it works ok for a chia-phone.

As far as any actionable type fraud occurring....that might be pushing it. Does anyone really expect a stylish haircut from a Flowbee?

I applaud dongetjacked's untiring fight for justice, but there might be better battles to pick from.
HartAttack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 16 cents......

Fact: MagicJack tech support sucks (you get what you pay for)
Fact: Canceling is like having a root canal on every tooth in your mouth
Fact: You may have to change some settings on your PC/Router to work
Fact: I originally was pissed off like DGJ

Reality: I will spend $85 for this month of tv and I only watch 5 channels. Can I really complain about a $4 phone bill?
Reality: I will spend at least $48 getting drunk watching the Badgers this evening (and enjoy every minute of it).
Reality: I started the RMA process and decided I can live with the bugs for the amount of pain it would be to return
Reality: I've tried Vonage, Sunrocket (don't get me started), Teleblend, and now MJ. The only reason I have MJ is so my wife doesn't kill us with at $300 phone bill (mission accomplished).

DGJ, I can feel your pain. If you want to sue, rant, rave, or whatever go for it. If your ranting and raving causes them to improve business practices or "tech support", it will make my life easier.

Everyone else, just let the guy be. No need to attack him for stating the obvious. If you don't agree with his methods, who cares, he's going to do whatever he wants anyway.

(However, if you sue MJ and win I may not be happy if I lose my crappy $4/mo phone) Very Happy
msiam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecooper333, thats some funny crap.A Flowbee.. Laughing . HartAttack.. Well said.. I concur..Even tho,, I was one of the few who jumped in his crap for his delivery.. Again.. I would be POed if he won a suit and I lost my little phone toy.. I guess I just dont like to have anyone attack what I enjoy..
dontgetjacked
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your posts, i'm still in the poed stage but almost out of it. It's kinda nice to be able to get my frustrations out and have you guys to give me your thoughts, i really , honestly, do appreciate it.

On another note, if you'd go to www.dontgetjacked.com and click on an advertisement i'd appreciate it Very Happy

The bottom line is mj set me off when they originally lied about the shipping date, then i tried to cancel, and that was it. I stood up and said, NOT AGAIN; I'm not letting another company take advantage of me, even though it's less than $1/wk.

Seriously, thanks for all your input. I'm going to continue with the site and let people know my experience, but i'm now going to add that there are satisfied users too. Thanks again.
cheapman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: hatters suck Reply with quote

people on this forum are very rude 2 people that dislike their mj....keep in mind that just because it works for you like magic that it will for everyone.....when i first got mine it worked and still does....but it is the worst phone service i have ever had....their is no way someone can use this as a primary #. people need to keep an open mind and stop slamming people with a different view than their own.....some people will spend hours or even days tweaking this product to work like advertised.....those same people need to keep in mind how mj advertises itself. "i have never seen a simpler product. you simply plug into your computer, plug in your phone, and start calling. the call quality is perfect..... this device is so simple my grandmother could install one and begin"....that is what is on my box.....to be honest if their was not this forum mine would not have worked at all!!!! for all those that just plugged in and it work....more power to you...but why slam the people that it did not work for like advertised or the poor souls who have no life that tweaked theirs to work like advertised chasing a dream. i think it is false because their is no computer product that will work with every computer without having some problems. and for all the techs on this forum should keep in mind that not all people are computer savy and willing to spend a large amount of time troubleshooting something that advertises that it is so simple a grandmother could install it....."i have never seen a simpler to use product".....not so simple for the people it didnt work for....and if it doesnt work for you.....try calling them....wait i forgot you cant they dont have a number!!!!! everyone has a wright to their own opion!!!!!! sorry if this makes anyone mad but if it does keep it to yourself instead of slamming my post all together
baddog
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the nice reply from everyone and I love my Night. Reply with quote

Even though my MJ doesn't get a ringing phone, Caller ID or have people hear my voice when I call them, it's a great product to check voice mail with.
Also it really does make a great night light, which is now my pride and joy.
In fact I read all the forums now, just to see if anyone else likes it too. This is what I do all day long.

So people don't put down my night light, because it lights up the very first time and every time I plugged it in
and I wish all the people that say bad things about my pretty blue light would just go away. I can't take it any more
all these cheap people that are not happy with a wonderful $48.00 light. I plan to send it to my friends so they can save
money on blue night lites also. You don't know how hard it is to find a great blue night light like this,
So everyone give the MJ night lights a chance, what did you expect for the money, A working phone !!

I'm freaking out that anyone could say or tell anyone else they have any problems,
so if your light doesn't work for you just go away or keep it a secret.
They should just ban anyone the goes to the Rant and Rave forum and does not write wonderful things.
Maybe they should delete the forum like MJ did or just don't let anyone use it, that should help.
I like how the Chinese and Russian or even North Korea just censor what they don't want people to know about a piece of electronic.
Maybe we should track them down like the Dog - Salem Rusdie.

So remember everyone, I'm watching the threads and I have your user names.

Remember Dan should hire me, I know how to configure every device known to mankind and remove every software
to make the light brighter, in fact I just bought a $85.00 UBS powered box to help make it really glow.
I was also able to help someone and now they almost can read just using the light, Amazing !!.
So remember Dan, send me the dough, I'm not one of the regular Joe's.

I just can't get over that light !! with a voice message checking feature. Try to beat that one, Hey. A toaster that doesn't toast with a light. Nay.
I know it works right because when everything else I have is not working, a Red light comes on, sometime yellow.

Remember, more power to the Blue light , it just keeps on going and going !!!

P.S. I keep trying different USB ports and checking for the blue light (per Tech Support request)
Because it will give different lighting effect. Gotta love it.

Go Dan, you are my main man. Long live the LIGHT

So what do we say from here on, Let keep it - real
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontgetjacked wrote:
Thank you everyone for your posts, i'm still in the poed stage but almost out of it. It's kinda nice to be able to get my frustrations out and have you guys to give me your thoughts, i really , honestly, do appreciate it.

On another note, if you'd go to www.dontgetjacked.com and click on an advertisement i'd appreciate it Very Happy

The bottom line is mj set me off when they originally lied about the shipping date, then i tried to cancel, and that was it. I stood up and said, NOT AGAIN; I'm not letting another company take advantage of me, even though it's less than $1/wk.

Seriously, thanks for all your input. I'm going to continue with the site and let people know my experience, but i'm now going to add that there are satisfied users too. Thanks again.

I believe that your request to have people click on the advertisements on your website violates Google's Adsense policy.
paulc21269
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: magic jack great for me Reply with quote

If you dont like the product just go away. Maybe its your 3 year dell that is not up to par. As far as taking over your computer not. Also I loaded it on a computer to see how long to remove software. Not a problem just scan regedit. I pay bell sucks like $ 600 year for service wait I did pay bell sucks that.

Paul C
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontgetjacked wrote:

Its $40 sell it on ebay...geez....or put it for sale in the lounge if you done like it... Telling people to click on ads is against the terms of service with google and anyone can report that....They can ban ya and you will not be able to use adsense again.... That happened to a friend of mine and he is never allowed to use it again. (Unless he signs up with a fake address and a different site of course...) It would be nice if you could link back to the forum Eh? Have fun with your site....( I am working on one to....)
peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
blonde
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dontgetjacked - it is ok to come here complain, voice your opinion etc. That is what forums are for. However you show your true colors when you ask people to go to your website and click on advertisements. Geez come on - either you want to complain and educate or you want to make money. Since your showing your true colors then I say good luck to you and leave it at that.

Anyways, just as with any new "technology" there are going to be issues, bugs, problems etc. That is the nature of the beast. You cant expect something new to come out on the market and everything be perfect. It takes time to work out bugs for stuff like customer service, returning the product, and even the product itself. Especially since lately they have had lots of advertising and word of mouth from people. And who cares about their fake counter...what does that matter? You order it based on a counter and then your asking for issues.

Yes I have ordered one, it is not here yet, and I will give my review once it does reach me. I am not going to be upset if they do not ship when they say they will. That is the nature of any business where things happen, they get behind, and things are delayed. WE do not live in a perfect world....
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontgetjacked, We don't believe in having Forum Rules, but endless spam doesn't help.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
dontgetjacked wrote:

Its $40 sell it on ebay...geez....or put it for sale in the lounge if you done like it... Telling people to click on ads is against the terms of service with google and anyone can report that....They can ban ya and you will not be able to use adsense again.... That happened to a friend of mine and he is never allowed to use it again. (Unless he signs up with a fake address and a different site of course...) It would be nice if you could link back to the forum Eh? Have fun with your site....( I am working on one to....)
peace
Kumar

just to back my self up here....direct quote from google adsenses terms and condtionns

Quote:
Prohibited Uses. You shall not, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (i) directly or indirectly generate queries, Referral Events, or impressions of or clicks on any Ad, Link, Search Result, or Referral Button (including without limitation by clicking on �play� for any video Ad) through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means, including but not limited to through repeated manual clicks, the use of robots or other automated query tools and/or computer generated search requests, and/or the unauthorized use of other search engine optimization services and/or software; (ii) edit, modify, filter, truncate or change the order of the information contained in any Ad, Link, Ad Unit, Search Result, or Referral Button, or remove, obscure or minimize any Ad, Link, Ad Unit, Search Result, or Referral Button in any way without authorization from Google; (iii) frame, minimize, remove or otherwise inhibit the full and complete display of any Web page accessed by an end user after clicking on any part of an Ad ("Advertiser Page"), any Search Results Page, or any Referral Page; (iv) redirect an end user away from any Advertiser Page, Search Results Page, or Referral Page; provide a version of the Advertiser Page, Search Results Page, or Referral Page that is different from the page an end user would access by going directly to the Advertiser Page, Search Results Page, or Referral Page; intersperse any content between the Ad and the Advertiser Page, between the page containing the Search Box and the Search Results Page, or between the Referral Button and the Referral Page; or otherwise provide anything other than a direct link from an Ad to an Advertiser Page, from the page containing the Search Box to the Search Results Page, or from the Referral Button to the Referral Page; (v) display any Ad(s), Link(s), or Referral Button(s) on any Web page or any Web site that contains any pornographic, hate-related, violent, or illegal content; (vi) directly or indirectly access, launch, and/or activate Ads, Links, Search Results, or Referral Buttons through or from, or otherwise incorporate the Ads, Links, Search Results, or Referral Buttons in, any software application, Web site, or other means other than Your Property(ies), and then only to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement; (vii) "crawl", "spider", index or in any non-transitory manner store or cache information obtained from any Ads, Links, Search Results, or Referral Events, or any part, copy, or derivative thereto; (viii) act in any way that violates any Program Policies posted on the Google Web Site, as may be revised from time to time, or any other agreement between You and Google (including without limitation the Google AdWords program terms); (ix) disseminate malware; (x) create a new account to use the Program after Google has terminated this Agreement with You as a result of your breach of this Agreement; or (xi) engage in any action or practice that reflects poorly on Google or otherwise disparages or devalues Google�s reputation or goodwill. You acknowledge that any attempted participation or violation of any of the foregoing is a material breach of this Agreement and that we may pursue any and all applicable legal and equitable remedies against You, including an immediate suspension of Your account or termination of this Agreement, and the pursuit of all available civil or criminal remedies.
[b]

I like to make money with google adsense but i do not rip em off over a few penys...
Peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
clintbradford
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: I Guess I Have the Only Units that DO Work Reply with quote

>>...i just want people to know that this company is set up to get your money, not have a working product...

Ordered my two MJ units, and received them within a week.

They each installed flawlessly on my Mac and Vista machines.

I needed to edit the 911 address on one account - I was connected t their Live Chat within a minute, and had my issue resolved.

Both accounts are working as advertised. I am quite pleased.

Clint Bradford
Mira Loma, CA
thirty5tech
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I Guess I Have the Only Units that DO Work Reply with quote

clintbradford wrote:
>>...i just want people to know that this company is set up to get your money, not have a working product...

Ordered my two MJ units, and received them within a week.

They each installed flawlessly on my Mac and Vista machines.

I needed to edit the 911 address on one account - I was connected t their Live Chat within a minute, and had my issue resolved.

Both accounts are working as advertised. I am quite pleased.

Clint Bradford
Mira Loma, CA

Glad to hear it will work, Only if people will understand and ask for support maybe they will get the money worth for the device, I made my money back in 2 days with one of them, I just send it to my parents over sea and we talk almost every day, it has been 1 week already, and they have not encounter any problem .

no more calling cards Smile

but honestly is only 40.00 if the device dont work or they close down business within a year, you make your money back within a month or 2 depending on how you go about using your MJ .
mjscott
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If MJ is not for you, no problem, but some happy customers will certainly disagree when someone starts saying it's fraud and a a rip off. Some of us have saved some serious money using this. Personally, i've saved more than my investment(5 yr plan) in the first month alone. I call that a pretty good return on investment. I had plenty of challenges too. MJ wouldn't work on the computer I wanted to to. Tech chat was a pain, but with the help of other happy customers, we got it running.

I've been in the telecom business for years. I remember people not being happy with the cell phone reception. Some people would go bezerk over the reception...while others would be extremely thankful that they were able to make or receive a call from where they were.....it all depends on how people look at things.

I say if MJ is not for you...don't buy it...or return it. But i would not suggest spending time and money putting up websites to let others know about an experience that is clearly not shared by the majority.

note...after reviewing..my COMPLETE investment because i bought a HP thin client for $125, wont be realized for another month....still a great return on investment.
mjscott
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I have not heard of anyone who came to this forum.....really looking for help....and listened to the advice of others, that didn't get it up and running
magicjackusercali
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Idiots Reply with quote

First off, let me tell you that people who post bad things about magic jack are nothing but a bunch of morons! First off its a new technology and second for $20 bucks a year your starting to complain? Magic jack is not even 2 months old and people are complaining? Its a new product so of course there are going to be some bugs in it, but the thing is Magic Jack is making an effort to fix the problems. Second for $20 a year you bitching about the quality? Go ahead and pay 12x the amount with the next cheapest VOIP provider.

The people at Magic Jack are saying ok there's something for $20 a year that is an addition to your phone service or to some the ability to remove high telephone bills. For those people who think Magic Jack sucks, then (1) why did you start canceling your phone service and started using magic jack as your primary phone service - thats why Magic Jack gave you a free 30 day trial period. If you didnt like the service then you should of returned it or never cancelled the phone service. Or use your cell phone!

I have to admit when I first got the magic jack myself the phone quality was very poor that was in Mid April. It sounded like a bad cell phone, but you know what? They released a beta version and it was way better then the per installed version. Magic Jack is new, but you know what at least they did something about that problem with bad phone quality ASAP, which is alot more then we can say to other companies. I want to see someone else post something about another company doing the same technology? At least this guy came out and took a chance. He's not charging you month by month or charging you an arm and leg, $20 bucks year, if you cant afford $20 bucks then you shouldnt even be online!

The tech support is ok, you have to repeat yourself 20 times to them until they get it right. But dont blame Magic Jack, its what all large companies are doing, sending their support to India and 90% of them dont understand english! Thats corporate america's answer, put profits first and customer service second.

I'm going to use Magic Jack for another month and see if I can use these jacks as my primary because I do anything. So far the phone quality is way better then version 3.0, but I'm going to see how its going to do as a live phone number.

The most annoying thing is the Magic Jack software, they have to fix that, it should sit your system tray as a TSR and not at the bottom on your desktop, unless you double click the icon then it should be brought into your main desktop. But you can purchase a program called "4 Tray minimizer" that will place the software into your start up group icons by the clock.

So to all those idiots out there bitching about Magic Jack, (1) its only $20 bucks a year NOT A MONTH! (2) you have a 30 day trial if you dont like it then send it back (3) you shouldnt of never cancelled you other service until you tried it out fully (4) Its a new product with a new technology of going around, and your already bitching - Lets see you design something like this!!! and most importantly (5) This guy is only charging you $20 a year, not a month. So imagine all those profits like Vonage and other VOIP providers are making off you. This guy had the balls to come out and say $20 bucks a year, he could of said $10 a month but no $20 a year!
ChuckIL
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiots Reply with quote

magicjackusercali wrote:
First off, let me tell you that people who post bad things about magic jack are nothing but a bunch of morons! First off its a new technology and second for $20 bucks a year your starting to complain? Magic jack is not even 2 months old and people are complaining? Its a new product so of course there are going to be some bugs in it, but the thing is Magic Jack is making an effort to fix the problems. Second for $20 a year you bitching about the quality? Go ahead and pay 12x the amount with the next cheapest VOIP provider.

1) It's not new technology, SIP calling has been around for at least 8 years.
2) MagicJack has been around much longer than two months...I've had it for over 10 months myself.
3) The constant errors are ridiculous...I've set up my own PBX system with the same feature set, and have never had the problems MagicJack does...and I don't really know what I'm doing!
4) There's a reason that the other services cost 12x the cost of MagicJack. About 12x is the break even point. MagicJack is cheap for one reason...to be sold off at tidy profit for "The Inventor", to an interested technology company (like was done with Tel-Save...Talk America):

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_gx5202/is_1999/ai_n19122863

Not that there's anything wrong with enjoying your MagicJack, but to be a fan and defender under all circumstances...and see Magic Dan as a knight in shining armor...ridiculous.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's so awful, why would many of us recommend it to our family & friends.
I have 6 family members & friends who have purchased it, and all of them love it.
No major problems. Most of them still have kept their landline but now only have local service due to them having alarm systems.

I haven't heard of any spyware and trust me - I'm paranoid about spyware!
Haven't heard any horror stories about people not being able to reboot their computers.
If that was a problem - easy fix - unplug the thing and reboot into safe mode. Duh!

So Mr Vonage Employee go back to your $24.99/month plus taxes & fees hole from whence you came!
Doobles
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Magic Jack Reply with quote

boy... all that trouble for $40.00? I should send Chad my doctor bill. $790 for 15 minutes... No tests either.
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like Google removed their advertisements from Chad's ridiculous website. That's what he gets for asking people to click on the ads. I think you should kiss and make up with your MagicJack. Laughing
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, he's a real nut. He's even posted videos all over Youtube and started making home movies to complain about his MagicJack, which makes me wonder one thing. Is he so rich he doesn't even have to work so he can keep up this tirade forever or is he just out to try and become the next Michael Moore? I hate to tell him, but if he's looking to make the next Michael Moore flick, he better pick an issue bigger than a $40 gadget that's as much fun to play with as it is to use.

Maybe he'll open a forum and we can all go over and muddy up his doorstep like he enjoys doing to ours.
magnum68
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out his guest book at his site? It's hilarious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: