magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dissapointed with the product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitech_vtx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Dissapointed with the product Reply with quote

Not a rant but the guys at tech support are really trying hard... Problem with company is that you can not elevat the issues to the engineers...

I will give you one of three transcripts.General Info
Chat start time Apr 12, 2008 10:09:37 AM EST
Chat end time Apr 12, 2008 11:24:37 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 01:15:00
Operator
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Lester'
L: Hello, how may I help you?
joe schuster: I can call only 800 numbers and 411 and * what is wrong.
joe schuster: local and lond distance calls ring five times than get a fast bussy
L: Thank you for bringing up the issue, May I know when did the problem start?
joe schuster: dont know mabee on Wednesday I made 1 call on another computer.
L: May I know if you have some error message?
joe schuster: I have used both Windows XP and Windows Vista Small Business with SP1
joe schuster: no error messages its like my telephone # is restricted from dialing local and long distance but I can get through thur all 800 numbers
L: Okay.
joe schuster: I have 2 more magic jacks that are still in the package hope this is not a reoccuring issue
L: Please restart your magicjack.
joe schuster: ok restarting
joe schuster: restarted
L: To do so you may click the 'Menu' button, hover over the 'Advanced users' menu item and click 'Restart'. You may also remove your magicJack and re-insert it after 10 seconds.
joe schuster: i did the advanced users
L: Okay. Thanks
joe schuster: i notice in the ring some cracking
joe schuster: i have tried it pluged into the internet and wirless
L: I see. May I know if you use a cordless phone?
joe schuster: IMO it is a restriction on my outgoing phone line.... Did you guys restrict my phone line
joe schuster: No its a direct connection to a corded phone
joe schuster: I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH 800 CALLS
L: May I know your sales order number?
joe schuster: No problems with 877 or 888
joe schuster: its my phone # but I purchased 3 magic jacks please hold
joe schuster: 508???????
L: THank you Mr. Schuster.
joe schuster: JCK so# DT0??????????
joe schuster: jACK 1 OF 2
joe schuster: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO TAKE OVER THE # AND CHECK THE LINE
joe schuster: dO YOU WANT ME TO NPLUT THE mj
L: Yes Please..
joe schuster: done
L: Please try to check if your still having the problem.
joe schuster: plugin in now
joe schuster: same
Lr: Please try to check if there is throuh comcuaica
joe schuster: hold on
L: Thank you for your cooperation.
joe schuster: I can now call 781-585- Kingston Exchanges
joe schuster: but not out of Kingstons Local call area
L: Okey. Please hold on for a moment.
L: May I know if you want your issue is year look up.
joe schuster: ?
joe schuster: I think its a call restriction with the phone line
L: I apologize for that message Joe. Please didregard the position
joe schuster: ok
L: Please try another laptop na kailam Thank s
joe schuster: i have
L: You may pleasee aku no nfuvr aga.
joe schuster: why can i make 800 877 888 local kingston calls and none out of that area
L: Please try to plug your magicjack to another computer
L: Thank you
joe schuster: ok hold on
L: I apologize for hte inconvenience Joe. I will try to place a call on that number. Thank you
L: I apologize for the message above Joe, Please disregard the messgae. Thank you.
joe schuster: ok thanks call me at 508-???????? if you want to
L: Please hold on for a moment. Thank you
joe schuster: MJ is unpluged
L: Please plug your magicjack Joe. Thank you
joe schuster: ok
joe schuster: please hold
L: May I know if can you use computer speakers and telephone at the same time?
joe schuster: same problem
joe schuster: i have used both but now im only using a corded phone
joe schuster: AGAIN it connects to 800,877,888 and 411
L: May I know if you have tried the upgrade?
joe schuster: ITS a phone restriction of some sort
joe schuster: now i can change to another windows XP desktop computer. It works fine on 800 calls and people can hear me ok.
joe schuster: Is there an engineer that can check the phone co line
L: May I know and amow racnt forunm mana hya. Thats good toar Schulhtet
joe schuster: ?
L: I apologize for that Joe. We don have phone support ywt .
L: yet*
L: We only assist chat support at this time.
joe schuster: NP is there an engineer that can check my line for some type on local phone company phone restriction
joe schuster: majack.com/ca has toll free support
L: I apologize for that Joe. We dont have an engineer that is available at this time.
L: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade (applicable for both XP & Vista):
L: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
L: After running the upgrades please unplug your magicjack and plug it back again.
joe schuster: i will run the upgrade but let me say again that I can dial other numbers it is the phone line. I am a computer engineer and feel that is the problem
L: Okay. I understand your concern Joe.
joe schuster: no its still rings 6 times then fast busy two times
L: Okay. Please try to use having another phone. Thank you.
joe schuster: you dont understand it calls 800# 411.... 781-585 but not outside the area..... IT IS A PHONE RESTRICTION dont you have an engineer that you talk toLester: Okay.
L: Please hold on for a moment. I will check all the informations for you.
joe schuster: this is a known phone co issue
joe schuster: this is form a google search
L: Okay. I've got that information too Joe.
L: I apologize for the inconvenience that you are having with magicjack Joe.
joe schuster: thats ok
joe schuster: If you call and get a "fast busy", the problem may be caused by an equipment failure at either CoreComm or at the phone company. If you are getting a "fast busy", we recommend attempting to connect to one of our alternate local access numbers, if one is available in your area. If not, you may want to try calling the original number later. If the fast busy signal persists, you will want to call your local phone company (dial 0 to speak with the operator) and report the problem.
L: Thank you for the information Joe .
joe schuster: Does ymax have a clear phone restriction code for the phone line
joe schuster: like *95
L: No Joe. By using magicjack you can use a regular corded or cordless phone fo that issue.
L: May
joe schuster: >?
L: Have you tried running the recover tool Joe?
joe schuster: YES was that the one you sent me
L: No.
L: Download and run the Recover Tool from the link below. After running the tool, unplug your magicJack, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
: http://www.magicjacktv.com/1/site/downloads/mjrecover_setup.exe
joe : No device found error message
L: I see.
L: ANy othe rerror messages appeared on yourend Cir.
joe schuster: again u can dial 800 877 888 and 411
joe schuster: no
joe schuster: I plugged in another majic jack and it works file it is the phone line
L: May I know if you can see your softphone on your screen Joe?
joe schuster: as i said i used my second magic jack and initilized it. I can make phone calls on it using the new assigned phone #
joe schuster: can you have an engineer check the physical phone line for restrictions.....
L: I apologize Joe but our engineers are still busy on our end to have your updates, I am really sorry. Please visit us again if you still experience the same issue.
joe schuster: Can i have a ticket number to save both of us some time
L: Don't worry we have your chat transcript history. Our chats are recorded. Please don't hesitate to chat us back again. Thank you.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ??????????? at the end of your chat.
joe schuster: TY
L: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
joe schuster: no all set ty
L: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!

Anyone Got Any Suggestions[color=#0D0588]
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should not be hard to fix. Try calling 415-421-0020 (should play a very loud tone) and 712-580-9999 (should play your caller ID). If these work, please post a number that fails, preferably one that belongs to a business and is answered by an IVR, so I won't have to disturb anyone when making test calls.

If the above test number fails, run Wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/ capture from your Ethernet interface (or whatever interface MJ is using to connect to the Internet), make a failing call, stop capture, set the Filter to SIP, find the response to the second INVITE, report what IP address it came from and what the response code is.
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you posted in the wrong section even though there is a lot of tips on the chat you had so I could be wrong, but I thought you had a cool hack or trick for the MJ. Sad
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the easiest thing would be to change the number at my.magicjack.com for free and see if its just the number. chances are you don't even have a number you want with MJ anyway
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
I think the easiest thing would be to change the number at my.magicjack.com for free and see if its just the number. chances are you don't even have a number you want with MJ anyway

No, its not free... its a few bucks i just checked... the best way is to talk with tech support, say that your jack is broken, get a exchange RMA number... and get a new one. (you even get to keep the old one). Shouldn't you pastebin those converstations?
peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thirty5tech
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
neo2121 wrote:

No, its not free... its a few bucks i just checked... the best way is to talk with tech support, say that your jack is broken, get a exchange RMA number... and get a new one. (you even get to keep the old one). Shouldn't you pastebin those converstations?
peace
Kumar

well I have gotten 3 for free already, Is pretty simple, Just tell them your UUB MJ device is falling apart, and they will send you another one,

the first time I did , I had to send the old one back, but the next 2 times, i did not have to and they send me one for free and a coule of months later, same thing I got another one free, NOw I have 3 magicjack, with all different numbers, I game them out and kept a extra one for me .

hey if it works for me, might work for you .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: