magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DDWRT Version Of MJMD5

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dskum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckboy wrote:
I have a Linksys WRT54GS_v6 and it has the DD-WRT generic micro version. I don't see option to enable Jffs2 and I can't enable telnet. I don't think there are enough space on the flash. Anyone know a fix for this?

zixy_tris wrote:

I am in the same boat except I have 3 ddwrt to get going and two are in my home country at my parents house which I can't replace

I dont have this version / device to test. But theoreticaly you should be able to run it through router RAM directly without local storage. The router has to download everytime it restarts. (Without JFFS not sure whether it will store anywhere permanently)

Can you try this:
Goto Administration -> Commands (I saw some screenshots and micro version has this)
Enter the following in the command box and test it with 'run command'. If no error occurs try to 'save startup' and reboot.

Try this first
Quote:

sleep 30
cd /tmp/
wget http://pagemen.110mb.com/mjproxy_mipsel.ipk.zip -O mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
ipkg -d /tmp/ install mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
/tmp/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.xxxxxxxx.talk4free.com 5070 YOUR_PASSWORD

If above doesnt work try this...
Quote:

sleep 30
ipkg install mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.xxxxxxxx.talk4free.com 5070 YOUR_PASSWORD

I'am not sure whether the temp folder storage is permanent across reboots. If so you can even modify the above command to skip download on every reboot and just run the download part once using the 'run command'.

Hope directly running from RAM should not be an issue since this proxy has a minimum footprint and your device should have enough space to accomodate it.

Good luck!

EDIT: I think pagemen posted another one before I completed this post. You can try that as well.
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet work guys. DD-WRT & ATA and we are back in business. can someone give a brief FYI on how this came about? i guess i was too busy with July 4th celeb and this bomb just dropped.

edit: ok, i just spent an hour reading the threads and saw that dtm came up with the magic formula Smile so can we have multiple devices like ATA, Iphone (Siphon) connect to the single proxy we are running on a PC/Router? obviously at a time only 1 would be able to call but is it doable and ok to do that?

edit #2: just tested it with siphon on iphone. works like a charm. put the DD-WRT router as server name. now, if i have an incoming call and have multiple clients connected to the router proxy, will all of them ring simultaneously?
luisito
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dskum wrote:
Ok Here is sequence to install in DD-WRT so that the proxy starts everytime router restarts.

Before continuing you have to enable JFFS file system as mentioned in previous postings and have telnet enabled.

Step A - Download and permanantly install the package in JFFS file system
(All the following commands to be run in the Telnet / HyperTerminal as described before)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. mkdir /jffs/mjp/
2. cd /jffs/mjp/
3. wget http://pagemen.110mb.com/mjproxy_mipsel.ipk.zip -O mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
4. ipkg -d /jffs/mjp/ install mjproxy_mipsel.ipk

If you want to run the proxy only for current session go to Step B. If you want to run everytime the router restarts goto Step C.

Step B - Just to start the proxy for this session
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.xxxxxxxx.talk4free.com 5070 YOUR_PASSWORD

Step C - (Starts proxy after router restart)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Open DD-WRT by entering proper IP in browser
2. Go to tab 'Administration -> Commands'
3. Enter the following command in the 'Commands' box and click 'Save Startup'
-------------------------------
sleep 30
/jffs/mjp/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.xxxxxxxx.talk4free.com 5070 YOUR_PASSWORD
-------------------------------

Just to verify, reboot the router. Login back to telnet and type the command 'top'. You should see the above process running.

(you can adjust the sleep time as required. Based on type of internet connection you have you may or may not need it. ex. PPoE based connection takes some time before it connects to internet and the MJ talk4free.com is available. If mjproxy starts before that it might terminate on starting / doesnt start)

Also based on my testing it approximately uses 12 KB of JFFS space.

Hope this helps!

Hello dskum, i have WRT54GS DD-WRT v24 sp1. Router ip 192.168.0.1
Managed to install the sequence. But no go. I'm still bit confused on,
1. What is the correct ip for mjproxy?
2. What ip should be in ATA proxy?
Thx
xu111
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this trick work on Tomato too? I am still hesitating whether to give up Tomato or not.
Taken83oveR
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking it should work just fine on tomato. Can you telnet into the router? If so, give it a shot.

luisito, if your router ip is 192.168.0.1, then that is what you would put into your ATA. Example being 192.168.0.1:5070.
luisito
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken83oveR wrote:
I am thinking it should work just fine on tomato. Can you telnet into the router? If so, give it a shot.

luisito, if your router ip is 192.168.0.1, then that is what you would put into your ATA. Example being 192.168.0.1:5070.

What is the correct ip for mjproxy? Thx
xu111
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My router is WRT54G v2 with Tomato 1.25. I have enabled jffs in tomato. Telneting into the router seems ok. But I got an error message for the 3rd command line:

# ipkg -d /jffs/mjp/ install mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
/usr/sbin/ipkg: line 1160: can't open /etc/ipkg.conf: no such file

What is going on here?

Taken83oveR wrote:

teddy_b
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xu111,
Do not use ipkg for Tomato unless you installed Optware. Besides, the mjproxy_mipsel.ipk package won't work on Tomato - it's compiled for the different kernel/libc version.

For Tomato, just download mjproxy binary from my post on the other thread here, unpack it, and copy to /jffs or /opt.
Then execute this in Telnet:
chmod +x /jffs/mjproxy
and you are good to go.
manachinu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Can't bind listen address (0.0.0.0:5070) Reply with quote

I have followed all these instructions and when i run the command

/jffs/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.losangeles.talk4free.com 5070 Mypasswordformj

i get error Can't bind listen address (0.0.0.0:5070)

Can someone please help
luisito
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Can't bind listen address (0.0.0.0:5070) Reply with quote

manachinu wrote:

/jffs/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.losangeles.talk4free.com 5070 Mypasswordformj

Can someone please help

Hello, same problem here using mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070..... Sad
manachinu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed, my mj password had changed....try getting new sip details
samdaman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Can't bind listen address (0.0.0.0:5070) Reply with quote

manachinu wrote:

Can someone please help

Means it is already running or port is already in use

use command "ps -ef|grep mjproxy" and see if it is already running
dskum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisito wrote:
Taken83oveR wrote:

Its the same 0.0.0.0 .... The following line goes as it is until this part...
"mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070"....
Only the rest of the line changes as per your SIP settings of your MJ
luisito
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dskum wrote:
luisito wrote:
Taken83oveR wrote:

Its the same 0.0.0.0 .... The following line goes as it is until this part...
"mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070"....
Only the rest of the line changes as per your SIP settings of your MJ

Fixed SmileSmileSmile Thx
Cablespider
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thanks!

WRT54GSv.3/ATA186 working like a champ.
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am trying to run a 2nd instance of this proxy on a 2nd DD-WRT router i am using as a client-bridge to my main DD-WRT router (which is also running a proxy for a diff MJ). i tested this with siphon (on iphone) and it comes up as "Maximum # of stale retires exceeded" or some such error message. anyone know what the problem could be? we can run multiple of these proxies in our network (for diff MJ login/pwd), correct?

I am going to try the proxy on a PC to see if that makes any diff (i dont expect it to)
Comrad
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: WW-DRT mini sp1 on a Linksys 350N Reply with quote

Ok Ill admit it I'm a newbie to this.

I was able to install and run the MJPROXY with my just retrieved password and proxy city, fine on the router. I see it running fine with TOP or PS. I guess my question is this. Should I be able to hook up a plain phone to the MajicJack and it work while this thing is plugged into my usb port on the router? or is this only for some sort of other ip phone? Or am I missing something on forwarding ports or other port setup?

I have read and re-read the forums and I think I am doing everything right but I get no dialtone. The same phone works find when MJ is connected to my vista machine.

I hope this takes the place of my pc so I dont have to leave it up all the time to use the phone. Worst case is I will use an old pc near my home network panel and access it via remote desktop.

Thanks
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you still need an ATA (like PAP2) or SIP phone (like siphon/fring on a cell phone) to be able to connect to the proxy on your router. you dont connect the magicjack dongle to your router. that wont work.
luisito
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone has issue of inbound calls going directly to voice mail when the phone has not been used for a while. Question Thx

EDIT: Fixed change Register Expires: 120 Smile

Last edited by luisito on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
bb5
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: still have problem (ATA) Reply with quote

Thank you guys so much! Now we can get back to ATA.

One small problem in my system is, by using x-lite, it got about 1/2 chance to login successfully. By using VOIP gizmo, only <1/10 chance to succeed. Plus, once I hung up one call via successful VOIP call, the green VOIP LED light goes off. Does anybody notice the similar thing?

I have buffalo router w/ latest DD-WRT on it, Sunrocket (innomadeia) VOIP adaptor. It ran OK before June 09 though.
xu111
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teddy_b, thank you so much for the instructions. Now the MJ proxy works smoothly on my router with Tomato.

teddy_b wrote:
xu111,
Do not use ipkg for Tomato unless you installed Optware. Besides, the mjproxy_mipsel.ipk package won't work on Tomato - it's compiled for the different kernel/libc version.

For Tomato, just download mjproxy binary from my post on the other thread here, unpack it, and copy to /jffs or /opt.
Then execute this in Telnet:
chmod +x /jffs/mjproxy
and you are good to go.
murphy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisito wrote:
Anyone has issue of inbound calls going directly to voice mail when the phone has not been used for a while. Question Thx

Configure your USB root hubs in Device Manager so they can't go to sleep to save power.
dskum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: still have problem (ATA) Reply with quote

bb5 wrote:

I have buffalo router w/ latest DD-WRT on it, Sunrocket (innomadeia) VOIP adaptor. It ran OK before June 09 though.

With innomedia adapter I'am having problems. Initially mine registered and calls wont go out and later randomly it registered. Lately it totally stopped. Not sure why?

All the time my x-lite was working fine. I chanaged the ATA adapter to a different one and it works perfectly fine. So it should be something with the adapter which MJ may not like or the adapter is not working per standards.

Thanks
bedr0hen
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firmware: DD-WRT v24 (07/03/08) mini
ATA: SipuraSPA SPA-1001

Works! like a charm needed to add "NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes"
too get incoming calls.
aneelmaan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to get it working on My Fonera 2100 running DD-WRT RC-6 1/2/08 when i try to run mjproxy it says "Syntax error: "(" unexpected" i can get MJMD5 running on my computer just not on the router. Any ideas?
CableBro
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working here with WRT54G v1 with DDWRT v2.4 SP2 mini. Using Sipura SPA2002.

Thanks guys Smile
dskum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aneelmaan wrote:
I can't seem to get it working on My Fonera 2100 running DD-WRT RC-6 1/2/08 when i try to run mjproxy it says "Syntax error: "(" unexpected" i can get MJMD5 running on my computer just not on the router. Any ideas?

You may've to consider upgrading to latest version of DD-WRT. Being a RC it may've some issues which might've been fixed in final versions
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisito wrote:

EDIT: Fixed change Register Expires: 120 Smile

thanks for the problem & fix. i ran into the same thing and have done the fix you suggested. lets see if it works well now.
ScarEye
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have 2 magic jacks will this work on one router with 2 accounts ?

Thanks
ScarEye
pc_clone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckboy wrote:
I have a Linksys WRT54GS_v6 and it has the DD-WRT generic micro version. I don't see option to enable Jffs2 and I can't enable telnet. I don't think there are enough space on the flash. Anyone know a fix for this?

The micro version of DD-WRT doesn't have jffs support. Unfortunately for you, the v6 only supports micro from what I remember.

you might have to purchase a new router.
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
Yes, the whole idea behind this DD-WRT thing is to get mj to work (like Pre June 09) without the PC since the router will now act as the proxy, thus, no PC needs to be turned on. If it's a non-DD-WRT router, then you need the proxy running off the PC but you won't need the MJ dongle plugged in until the next time they decide to change pw and do more terrible things like they did on June 09th.

Synchron Cool

Thank you for clarifying the issue, I am planinng to get a ddwrt router then, Can you please suggest me something. How much would one cost roughly and what is the best place to get one.
manachinu
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you purchase any router please check if your existing hw is supported by dd-wrt, if yes then just upgrade firmware and you should be good.

Note DD-WRT is just thirdparty firmware for some commonly avaliable routers...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
steve_togo
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manachinu wrote:
Before you purchase any router please check if your existing hw is supported by dd-wrt, if yes then just upgrade firmware and you should be good.

Note DD-WRT is just thirdparty firmware for some commonly avaliable routers...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Thanks, Is there any minimum requirement like flash memory etc and what is the best model to buy, I am planning on getting a used one.

Thanks
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been able to use my old MJ via the DD-WRT successfully. so i opened another new MJ to do the same and no matter what i try (router & PC proxy) i am not able to get the ATA to register. anyone experience something like this with a new MJ activation? I have obtained the SIP info multiple times and its the same, so i know thats not the problem. and MJ works fine thru the dongle so the account is fine too. I use the exact same procedure on the older one and it works good via ATA & DD-WRT. but no luck with the new one Sad
grillovillegas
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deshwasi wrote:
i have been able to use my old MJ via the DD-WRT successfully. so i opened another new MJ to do the same and no matter what i try (router & PC proxy) i am not able to get the ATA to register. anyone experience something like this with a new MJ activation? I have obtained the SIP info multiple times and its the same, so i know thats not the problem. and MJ works fine thru the dongle so the account is fine too. I use the exact same procedure on the older one and it works good via ATA & DD-WRT. but no luck with the new one Sad

Try to setup the new MJ straight out from the ATA
new accounts still work with the ATA setup no need
the proxy setup
aneelmaan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dskum wrote:
aneelmaan wrote:

You may've to consider upgrading to latest version of DD-WRT. Being a RC it may've some issues which might've been fixed in final versions

I dont think i can upgrade my Fonera 2100 to anything past this. Its the last image thats 3.5 mb and the newer ones wont install. All the newer ones are like 6.5 megabytes.
Taken83oveR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aneelmaan wrote:
dskum wrote:
aneelmaan wrote:

I dont think i can upgrade my Fonera 2100 to anything past this. Its the last image thats 3.5 mb and the newer ones wont install. All the newer ones are like 6.5 megabytes.

Here is a newer build. (Fonera, do not use this unless you have a Fonera)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F07-01-09-r12427%2Ffonera/

Last edited by Taken83oveR on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grillovillegas wrote:
deshwasi wrote:

the proxy setup

damn right it works the old way. why didnt you tell me earlier? Laughing here i was trying everything i could think and this never crossed my mind... i guess i will be among the priveleged few until Dan gets to me and then sidestep him.
zixy_tris
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO GO ON WRT54GSv6. on telnet it does not even identifies ipkg command or to command. LINUX GURUS help needed. No help on ddwrt forums in terms of enabling jffs2 or custom firmware.
aneelmaan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed that version but it still says the same thing when i try to run mjproxy. before i installed it, i ran ipkg update but it still said "ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
You probably want to run `ipkg update' "

does that have anything to do with this?
ckboy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zixy_tris wrote:
NO GO ON WRT54GSv6. on telnet it does not even identifies ipkg command or to command. LINUX GURUS help needed. No help on ddwrt forums in terms of enabling jffs2 or custom firmware.

I have wrt54gv6 and have same problem. I don't see option to enable jffs2.
pagemen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firmware image of dd-wrt micro is less than 2MB so there is some space left in the flash but jffs itself will take few hundred KBs for the filesystem itself, thus makes jffs impossible on dd-wrt micro. And, ipkg is used to install software to jffs, since there is no jffs on dd-wrt micro, how can you expect ipkg in the first place?

Other than building your own DD-WRT image and put the mjproxy in, you can try to grab the binary each time upon startup.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post43044.html#43044
aneelmaan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt get mjproxy working with my FOnera with the latest version of dd-wrt but i was able to get it running on my WRT54GS v5 thanx to pagemen Smile

Thanks to everyone else who tried to help with my fon. if u guys hadnt told me that i could install the newer firmware, my fons would never be up to date Very Happy
bigstevep
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aneelmaan wrote:
I installed that version but it still says the same thing when i try to run mjproxy. before i installed it, i ran ipkg update but it still said "ERROR: File not found: /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian

I ran this that was posted from dskum and it worked for me:

sleep 30
cd /tmp/

Find his post on with it and you should be good to go!

Many thanks dskum
aneelmaan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigstevep wrote:
aneelmaan wrote:

I ran this that was posted from dskum and it worked for me:

sleep 30
cd /tmp/

Find his post on with it and you should be good to go!

Many thanks dskum

I tried what dskum said but it still gives a syntax error
pagemen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or try to mod your own firmware

http://www.bitsum.com/firmware_mod_kit.htm

For Fon2100, you need to build another binary, though both are MIPS, the Broadcom one is MIPSEL(MIPS little endian) while Fon2100 is MIPS big endian, as a result, the binaries are not interchangeable.
dukeomaha
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is telentd in dd micro...anyway, try to edit the startup script like this -- if there is sleep/wget/chmod available in ddwrt micro.

sleep 30
wget http://pagemen.110mb.com/mjproxy.zip -O /tmp/mjproxy
chmod a+x /tmp/mjproxy
/tmp/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 .................

the /tmp is actually in ram so you have to download mjproxy each time on startup.

This works for me, finally! Thanks so much. I'm quite happy running it in ram and download each time the router reboots.

I couldn't get mjproxy to work otherwise (Given my Linux ignorance, I ran into all kinds of errors: 'failed to retrieve'; 'can't cd to /jffs/mjp/'; 'file not found' etc.).

Router: WRT54G v3
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/27/09) std
pagemen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those with jffs available but have problem with ipkg, just enable jffs as shown in this post

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post42942.html#42942

then telnet into the router and run

wget http://pagemen.110mb.com/mjproxy.zip -O /jffs/mjproxy
chmod a+x /jffs/mjproxy

finally, edit the startup script as

sleep 30
/jffs/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 ...........

no need to mess with ipkg or download it each time.
grillovillegas
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deshwasi wrote:
grillovillegas wrote:
deshwasi wrote:

the proxy setup

damn right it works the old way. why didnt you tell me earlier? Laughing here i was trying everything i could think and this never crossed my mind... i guess i will be among the priveleged few until Dan gets to me and then sidestep him.

Yeah but it will only work for a little bit.....
i dont know why some accounts are still workign fine
its weird even some old accounts work straight out from the ATA

Well we will see.
ScarEye
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I got mjproxy on my router and it's up and running. Now I have a GrandStream HT286 I am guessing all I have to do is have the it point to my router for the sip server.

SIP Server 192.168.1.1 (Router)
SIP User ID E201123456701
Authenticate ID 2011234567
Name John Doe

And that should be it? Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks
ScarEye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: