magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DDWRT Version Of MJMD5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOFTAA wrote:
I am going to go ahead and disable my anti virus software and run SIPdump 12 times from the time the MJ is inserted.

I'll report back.

Thanks.

Edit: More frustrated than before.

Here is the deal. Password Finder 2.2 is not working. PMdump is not working. I am unable to get my password.

There was ONE time yesterday that Password Finder 2.2 worked and gave me a password, but apparently I only wrote down 19 of the 20 characters. Is it possible to have a 19 character password? Or, are they all 20 characters?

At this point, I am stuck without a password.

My PC is Win7 x64 and the password utils won't even run on here. My son has Win7 x32, but when I run PMdump on his computer, there is an error message. My wife's computer is just deadly slow. But, her computer is the one that Password Finder 2.2 worked on yesterday, although I cannot get a repeat performance for some reason.

Unless someone has an idea to get the password, I am raising the white flag. I usually don't give up, but apparently this password is not forthcoming.

I am willing to give someone remote access to my system if they think it will work. I have to do it when my computer is not on the government secure network, so we'd have to setup a time to try.

While I do appreciate everyone's help, I feel stuck at this point.

i had success in finding pw with brand new mj, purchased from their site about a week ago.

set dump to 10, and hit "OK" as soon as mj usb dongle was inserted. When its finished, open the largest .txt file in wordpad. Mine was 17,800 KB in size. After SEVERAL dump tries, I NEVER got a file over 18,000 KB, and was successful in getting pw. All the guides say the file has to be over 22,000 KB in size, but this wasn't what I found.

Also, the guides say to search for "sip.connection.refresh" and that pw will be within 5-10 lines of the search term. This also was not true in my experience. My PW was 47 lines below the search term.

In all dumps, my PW was withing 50-75 lines of "sip.connection.refresh". Also within this range, you could always find "ProgressContacts0004" or "ProgressContacts0005" or "ProgressContacts0006". Below, these "ProgressContacts" strings will be referred to as: "ProgressContacts000x"

So, if you see a 20-character string, on a line by itself, within 75 lines of BOTH "sip.connection.refresh" AND "ProgressContacts000x" its likely your pw.

Continued following the how to, and was able to make/receive calls using x-lite softphone, so my sip info is correct. Now, just waiting for my ATA to arrive!!!

good luck
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

JOFTAA
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mesamagic wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that none of the recommended methods work for you, even you have already done everything possible. Yes its tricky to pull password from MJ, and to some people its a nightmare I guess.

I tried Password Finder 2.2 before and it refused to run on Windows 7 x64, it popped out error same like your, while SIPDum works and give me my MJ password wonderfully everytime. Its an amazing tool to many people.
To me, MJ password always comes out with exactly 20 characters, and by reading all the posts here, I assume its 20 characters all the time, never seen any report which says 19 or less ( or more ) characters.

You can go to this thread and search for a guy name neo2121, in his posts's signature you will see his email contact, and I think he can help you to get your password for 5 bucks or something if you decide to go that way.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stroths-mj-utilities-1-6-sip-info-more-8-2-update-t4230-435.html?

Good luck

LOL! I am one step ahead of you. He's been working on getting my password for about 90 minutes now. If it is taking him this long, I don't feel so badly anymore.
JOFTAA
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbean wrote:
JOFTAA wrote:
I am going to go ahead and disable my anti virus software and run SIPdump 12 times from the time the MJ is inserted.

I'll report back.

Thanks.

Edit: More frustrated than before.

Here is the deal. Password Finder 2.2 is not working. PMdump is not working. I am unable to get my password.

There was ONE time yesterday that Password Finder 2.2 worked and gave me a password, but apparently I only wrote down 19 of the 20 characters. Is it possible to have a 19 character password? Or, are they all 20 characters?

At this point, I am stuck without a password.

My PC is Win7 x64 and the password utils won't even run on here. My son has Win7 x32, but when I run PMdump on his computer, there is an error message. My wife's computer is just deadly slow. But, her computer is the one that Password Finder 2.2 worked on yesterday, although I cannot get a repeat performance for some reason.

Unless someone has an idea to get the password, I am raising the white flag. I usually don't give up, but apparently this password is not forthcoming.

I am willing to give someone remote access to my system if they think it will work. I have to do it when my computer is not on the government secure network, so we'd have to setup a time to try.

While I do appreciate everyone's help, I feel stuck at this point.

i had success in finding pw with brand new mj, purchased from their site about a week ago.

set dump to 10, and hit "OK" as soon as mj usb dongle was inserted. When its finished, open the largest .txt file in wordpad. Mine was 17,800 KB in size. After SEVERAL dump tries, I NEVER got a file over 18,000 KB, and was successful in getting pw. All the guides say the file has to be over 22,000 KB in size, but this wasn't what I found.

Also, the guides say to search for "sip.connection.refresh" and that pw will be within 5-10 lines of the search term. This also was not true in my experience. My PW was 47 lines below the search term.

In all dumps, my PW was withing 50-75 lines of "sip.connection.refresh". Also within this range, you could always find "ProgressContacts0004" or "ProgressContacts0005" or "ProgressContacts0006". Below, these "ProgressContacts" strings will be referred to as: "ProgressContacts000x"

So, if you see a 20-character string, on a line by itself, within 75 lines of BOTH "sip.connection.refresh" AND "ProgressContacts000x" its likely your pw.

Continued following the how to, and was able to make/receive calls using x-lite softphone, so my sip info is correct. Now, just waiting for my ATA to arrive!!!

good luck

Thank you for this info. I am not giving up. I did ask for help, so hopefully the password will be found soon.
mesamagic
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOFTAA wrote:
mesamagic wrote:

You can go to this thread and search for a guy name neo2121, in his posts's signature you will see his email contact, and I think he can help you to get your password for 5 bucks or something if you decide to go that way.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stroths-mj-utilities-1-6-sip-info-more-8-2-update-t4230-435.html?

Good luck

LOL! I am one step ahead of you. He's been working on getting my password for about 90 minutes now. If it is taking him this long, I don't feel so badly anymore.

Well whatever it is Razz as long as you find a way to get your MJ working on ATA then I'm happy. This will be the last solution I think of to offer. Good to hear you've had him working on it. Let us know your result.
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was embarrassing took me a few hours to find the password for JOFTAA it normally takes about 30 min max that's counting on some lag factor. No new methods where used it was found using the SIPDUMP.exe method just so everyone knows.
JOFTAA
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
Well, that was embarrassing took me a few hours to find the password for JOFTAA it normally takes about 30 min max that's counting on some lag factor. No new methods where used it was found using the SIPDUMP.exe method just so everyone knows.

Not to question your ability, especially since my ability here is very lacking... But, did you happen to test the password using Xlite or similar?

At this point, I am still unable to get the SPA2102 to register. I have mjproxy running in my router, and the configuration suggested in my SPA. Or, at least I think so.

Don't try using a soft phone with my password until we either email or talk because I may get it working and I'd hate to find out what happens if my account tries to login a second time.

Thank you!!
JOFTAA
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stellar morning... And, some interesting news.

First, and foremost, thank you to neo2121 for getting me the password from my Magicjack! I am back up and running.

Now, here is where things get weird. Or, at least as far as I know, this is weird.

I put my SPA2102 back to the exact same configuration as it was when it was working previous to last Tuesday. The only change I made was the password. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the password I had in my SPA2102 last week is NOT the same password that neo2121 obtained for me.

I am NOT running MJMD5. I am NOT running mjproxy in my router.

The ONLY thing I am running is my SPA2102 with the proper configuration. I am able to make and receive calls without a problem.

So, the bottom line is that my MJ password was changed on me last week. Again, I am 100% certain that the password that I was using last Tuesday just before the SPA2102 stopped working is NOT the same as the password that neo2121 was able to get for me.

Does MJ change passwords on people? If so, is this common?

And, neo2121, I would love to know where you looked to find the thing. If this happens to me again, I'd like to think I can do it myself.

A HUGE thank you to everyone here who stepped up to help!! You have all been amazing!

I only hope to be able to return the favor someday. If any of you ever need computer work, I am your guy. Don't let my lack of magicjack knowledge fool you. I am CompTIA A+ certified (I hear the collective laughing). I am also a CNE, MCSE, and MCDBA. I am more than happy to help any of you in any way that I can.
Everton
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOFTAA:

I'm glad you got your MJ back up and running!!!

I curious though as to why some individuals can run their MJ off their ATA without MJproxy running on their LAN. Is it due to the fact they are doing so outside the US? Is the vintage of their MJ unit?
JOFTAA
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everton wrote:
JOFTAA:

I'm glad you got your MJ back up and running!!!

I curious though as to why some individuals can run their MJ off their ATA without MJproxy running on their LAN. Is it due to the fact they are doing so outside the US? Is the vintage of their MJ unit?

It has nothing to do with being outside of the U.S. Until January it was running in Miami for nearly a year the same way. It was only last Tuesday that my password changed and it all went to hell.

Go figure.
mesamagic
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah now its a GREAT news !!! I'm glad you and neo2121 have found a way to deal with your little MJ.

As thing's happenning to you, some people dont need MJMD5 or mjproxy, just " normal " way and MJ can be registered without problem. This is somethings I'm still not sure whats going on, it might just happens with some certain MJs. About password changing, I experienced twice in the past, one of my MJ kept changing password 2 times in a month, then once again the next month. After that, it holds its password steadily for almost a year. So I would say it happens now and then to some MJ units only, and this is unpredictable I guess.

Now you can put your little MJ back to your drawers, let it sleeps there for awhile, and enjoy the " magicjackless " feature again.
JOFTAA
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mesamagic wrote:
Ah now its a GREAT news !!! I'm glad you and neo2121 have found a way to deal with your little MJ.

As thing's happenning to you, some people dont need MJMD5 or mjproxy, just " normal " way and MJ can be registered without problem. This is somethings I'm still not sure whats going on, it might just happens with some certain MJs. About password changing, I experienced twice in the past, one of my MJ kept changing password 2 times in a month, then once again the next month. After that, it holds its password steadily for almost a year. So I would say it happens now and then to some MJ units only, and this is unpredictable I guess.

Now you can put your little MJ back to your drawers, let it sleeps there for awhile, and enjoy the " magicjackless " feature again.

AMEN, Brother!
luckyj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little lost and don't know what I did wrong after many hours, "still file not found"
Here is my Log can some expert help me out please! Tia!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
root@WRT54gsv4:~# sleep 30
root@WRT54gsv4:~# ipkg update http://www.xxx.xxx.xxx.com/mjproxy_mipsel.
ipk
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages/Packages ...
Connecting to downloads.openwrt.org (78.xxx.xxx.xxx:80)
Packages 100% |*******************************| 143k 00:00:00 ETA
Done.
Updated list of available packages in /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages/non-free/Packages
Packages 100% |*******************************| 568 --:--:-- ETA
Done.
Updated list of available packages in /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backports/rc5/Packages ...
Packages 100% |*******************************| 98390 00:00:00 ETA
Done.
Updated list of available packages in /jffs/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
root@WRT54gsv4:~# mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.myCITY.talk4free.com 5070 mypassword
-sh: mjproxy: not found
root@WRT54gsv4:~# /jffs/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.myCITY.talk4free.com 5070 mypassword
-sh: /jffs/bin/mjproxy: not found
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken83oveR wrote:

4: Now all we need to do is run mjproxy. Lets test it why we are are still in telnet.
Code:
mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.YOURCITY.talk4free.com 5070 YOURLONGASSPASSWORD

Once you hit enter, you should be thrown back to the command line. You can see if it is running via "top".

Just type top and hit enter and look for it. Once done, just hit ctrl+c to close it. Lets go head and kill it, so we can run it at startup.
Code:
killall mjproxy

5: Getting it to run at startup is very simple. Head back to your router's admin page, and click the command section. (Administration Tab, then the Command tab)
http://192.168.1.1/Diagnostics.asp
Now paste the following and click save startup. You may need to edit the path or sleep setting.
Code:

sleep 30
/jffs/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.YOURCITY.talk4free.com 5070 YOURLONGASSPASSWORD

pedroradio
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: only can call out - not received Reply with quote

I followed all instruction read in this forum.. and only get to call out and nuthing reaceived from upside.: I using my PAP2 setup folown the intruction i read in this forum..behind my router dd-wrt micro so i use this code: sleep 30
cd /tmp/
wget http://pagemen.110mb.com/mjproxy_mipsel.ipk.zip -O mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
ipkg -d /tmp/ install mjproxy_mipsel.ipk
/tmp/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.xxxxxxxx.talk4free.com 5070 MY_PASSWORD

my linksys pap2 info said: Registration State: Online

my home phone has good tone , and i can call any number, with good communication ' but.. when i try to call to my MJ ..fail .nuthing respond. any sound , any error or feed back.

i need help with this ,if someone could be . please Crying or Very sad
mati02
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Help! I've tried everything. Reply with quote

I've read ALL of your posts. Have followed instructions as shown in posts. I am running ddwrt micro (Firmware: DD-WRT v24 (05/24/0Cool micro). Linksys WRT54GGSv7 / Ip address is 192.168.1.1

using the script below under Administration->commands, at startup.

sleep 30
cd /tmp/
/tmp/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.denver.talk4free.com 5070 MYPASSWORD

I have also set up a port forwarding rule on my router giving all 5060-5070 to my pap2t A.T.A.

The pap2t-na proxy is pointing to my router's ip address (192,.168.1.1)

I'd like to give you brillian minds an idea of my setup.

From router (192.168.1.1) to pap2t (192.168.1.2).

settigs are same as link below, except proxy server is my router (192.168.1.1)
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack-in-a-pap2t-configuration-pics-t5066.html

Any ideas? I am getting the "can't connect to login server" on my pap2t. I have read other posts where users have successfully implemented, but i must be the read headed guy in the bunch.
mati02
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nulland wrote:
Telnet or SSH to your router and run command "mjproxy". Prefix full path to the command. If you get usage notes or messages from mjproxy, then mjproxy has been installed correctly in your router. Then all you need to do is run it with the correct parameters at startup.

Mjproxy needs only 20K to run.

I am having issues. I have telnetted into my router (running ddwrt micro), i have implemted the script below on startup. Not sure why it is not showing up.... Any ideas?

sleep 30
cd /tmp/
/tmp/bin/mjproxy 0.0.0.0 5070 proxy01.denver.talk4free.com 5070 MYPASSWORD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: