magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Daylight Savings Time - Handset resetting to Standard Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Daylight Savings Time - Handset resetting to Standard Time Reply with quote

(the old story for those who don't know it yet...an old issue with the magicjack)
So, for the past couple of years, I notice that my handsets on my vtech home phone system will not auto update to daylight savings time. I've tried manually updating them but they will automatically revert within a random number of hours from when I set it. No matter what I do, it will not stay on Daylight Savings Time. It goes back to Standard Time. So every time I look at my home phone, I think it is an hour behind what time it actually is.

(my personal story)
This is extremely frustrating at the least and can cost me to be late for appointments or other things even. I'm disabled and I rely on the clock on these phones for many things throughout the day and night.

(my plea)
Has no bright, amazingly awesome techy person out there figured out a way yet to hack the damn magicJack and make the stupid thing let our phones display the correct time somehow? Or create some sort of workaround? *hopes fervently*

(i didn't see any resolution listed anywhere. wasn't sure what to search for.)
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problem with the Panasonic phones connected to my MJ. Try unplugging the MJ and all cables connected to it, resetting the time on the phone, and then reconnecting everything. I did something similar recently and the phones have the correct time. No guaranty, but its worth a try.
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay, thank you. I will try that. Might take me a few days though. Have to rest. Just had a hysterectomy last month and have had infections and all kinds of problems since. A lot of pain. I'm supposed to be resting this weekend... doctors orders. heh. I was a bad girl and up and doing too much last week and had to go into the office yesterday in massive pain....

on my birthday. =(

BUT, lots of gaming this weekend! *giggle* It's about time! Maybe I'll finally get gold on that damn invaded level on Rayman Legends!

... anyway, I came here to ask because this is what vtech Cust. Service said:

"This may happen if you subscribe to CID service. If you have Caller ID service, the service will automatically set the date and time for you. The time change issue is seen more with VOIP services (Magic Jack, Vonage, etc). This doesn't mean that the phone or the service is defective or bad, it just means that the time zone is not set correctly. Please contact your telephone service provider and ask that they set the time zone to the correct zone for your area."
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Didn't work. =(

MagicJack is.... well, grrrrr. They're just grrrr!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: