magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day 2 with MJ. Works great, good enough for business calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Day 2 with MJ. Works great, good enough for business calls Reply with quote

Here's my experience so far with MagicJack. It arrived yesterday. Installation took about 2 minutes for the laptop to register the USB dongle and load the software. It took longer for me to decide which area code to select (I'm in Canada so I had to select a USA areacode...but which one? What caller ID do I want showing up at the other end?).

As part of the setup I also ran the MagicFix also to optimize and check out the installation. All checked out fine.

I tried a few test calls to the house phone, my cell phone. On the first call to a family member's land line, I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. But on all subsequent long distance calls (21 so far), it worked great. People on the other end say the sound quality is no different than a land line. Occasionally the other person asks if I'm still there as they couldn't hear the usual crackle and pop of a land line. The background noise with the MagicJack connection seems to go absolutely silent (maybe they need to introduce some of the traditiona white noise back in to emulate a land line). No delays, no echos, no drop outs.

By the end of day one I was confident enough to use the MagicJack for business calls.

Delivery of the device to a Canadian address was about 8 business days (but then I messed up on the postal code so probably introduced some delay). Canadians pay immediately, no 30 day trial. But the thing works, so not an issue.

So far I'm very happy with the device. It installs and works as advertised.

System:
Windows XP SP2
1.8 GHz laptop
Wifi G router
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Day 2 with MJ. Works great, good enough for business cal Reply with quote

tony wrote:
Occasionally the other person asks if I'm still there as they couldn't hear the usual crackle and pop of a land line. The background noise with the MagicJack connection seems to go absolutely silent (maybe they need to introduce some of the traditional white noise back in to emulate a land line). No delays, no echos, no drop outs.

By the end of day one I was confident enough to use the MagicJack for business calls.

System:
Windows XP SP2
1.8 GHz laptop
Wifi G router

I sure hope magicJack does NOT introduce some of the land line noise. I love the crystal clear magicJack audio! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phil
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Day 2 with MJ. Works great, good enough for business cal Reply with quote

tony wrote:
On the first call to a family member's land line, I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. But on all subsequent long distance calls (21 so far), it worked great.

That's weird, because I had exactly the same experience (got my MJ today) -- the very first call I made, I could hear the other person but they couldn't hear me; then all subsequent calls worked fine. Wonder if that's happened to other people?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: