magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

credit card info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnerd
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: credit card info Reply with quote

people at MJ will not let me remove my credit card info.
it looks like the only thing i can do is have card company
give me new card with new numbers. this company really sucks
Kenny2469
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably find that with most companies... You're credit card number is somewhere within those other companies you deal with...

But for the truly paranoid out there, just get a "pay as you go" credit card, put on whatever you are going to spend, use it, and not worry about it... You can't charge a penny on a card with a zero balance... =)

But the credit card companies do protect you from scams...

Just my two-cents...
donaldjustine13
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do that, changing your account number and pins could be better for you. Next time you need to be careful on the forms you will be filling up to purchase. Be careful of scams because your credit card company could not protect you from them.

Last edited by donaldjustine13 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donaldjustine13 wrote:
Be careful of scams because your credit card company could not protect you to them.

You are not responsible for any unauthorized charges on your credit card and your credit card company will protect you. By law, the maximum you can be held liable for is $50 and most credit card companies will even negate even that.
Jim51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Negative Option Marketing Reply with quote

Anyone with credit card billing issues and MJ would be well advised to check with their local state and Federal authoritys. In many Canadian provinces, "Negative Option Marketing" practices have been outlawed under the Federal and Provincial Fair Trading Act for at least the last few years.

A negative option practice means a consumer transaction in which a supplier:

(a) Provides goods and services to a consumer, including the enhancement of a service that a consumer is already receiving, that the consumer did not request, and

(b) Requires the consumer to pay for the goods or services unless the consumer informs the supplier that the customer does not want the goods or services. (ie: requires you to do something specific, to indicate your non acceptance).

The bottom line is that a consumer is not liable to pay for any goods or services received under a negative option practice. You can argue with MJ customer service until the cows come home (they actually enjoy brushing people off) .... resolution will ultimately have to come from your credit card company.

If you should happen to have an unauthorized transaction on your credit card (ie: automatic renewal) and you do not receive a refund within 15 days from the supplier, the credit card company "must" cancel, or, reverse the charges. Think of your credit card debits and credits like a river that flows both ways. If a customer service does not rectify the situation in 15 days, you are entitled to contact your credit card company with the details and request the charges be reversed. They (the cc company) must acknowledge your request within 30 days. If your situation falls under the definition of a negative option marketing practice, they are required by law (no need to make up a story) to reverse the charges plus interest within 2 billing cycles, or 90 days whichever comes first.

If this process does not work to your satisfaction, I would strongly urge you to register a formal complaint with your local Better Business Bureau and any other consumer watchdogs that are out there. .... Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: