magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Conference calling & 3-way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mary521
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Conference calling & 3-way

MJ advertises that one of the features is 3-way calling, how does one go about doing this. I have read that one feature is also conference calling which is totally different than 3-way calling, where people have to call into a conference line. Does MJ actually have the 3-way calling, where you can call the 2 people yourself, or are they false advertising? I'm a new user and sadly thinking about sending it back and looking for something else that will work for me if there is no way to actually use 3-way calling as the definition that it is. thanks.
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: 3-way calling

not sure if someone already answered your question, but from what I've been told the 3 way calling works like this. The 1st call has to be originated by someone calling you. the 2nd call has to originate from the 2nd person calling you. After you click over or before(not sure) you have to hit ##. That will conference the 3 callers(including you) together. I think it's #*or *# to cancel. As far as I'm concerned this is not 3 way calling. As far as conference calling goes, I believe one has to call into magic jacks conference calling number only(not sure what it is).
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject:

This is the number 1 thing I don't like about Magic Jack - it does not do true 3 way calling.

Most 3 way calling that I do involves talking to one person by phone and then wanting to connect to a 3rd. That is 3 way calling.

I might be even willing to have 2 Magic Jacks for 3 way calling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: