magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer freezes at start up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchll
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Computer freezes at start up Reply with quote

Windows XP pro, 2gig ram

If I put magicjack in usb slot before I start computer, or on a restart, I get to desktop, but no further; can't start internet explorer, no magic jack< nothing works, have to reset to close down. If I start clean, without mj, and then after all is up, and I have opened interent explorer, then I plug in mj, everything seems to be ok. Is this normal?
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not normal. Welcome to the world of USB "plug & pray" Laughing Laughing some machines work fine while some have issues with various USB devices. I encountered similar issue like yours with different USB device. But the MJ USB device is cooperating with my Asus PC & Dell Optiflex GX260 & Dell D510 notebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: