magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat log for magicjack app and expiring app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCTECH4747
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Chat log for magicjack app and expiring app Reply with quote

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Ayesha'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554075660477X

Ayesha: Hello, how may I help you?

Jacob: Do I have to pay to keep using the MagicJack APP for Iphone? I own 1 magicjack for my computer and am using that same number to use for incoming and outgoing calls on my iphone. PLEASE NOTE: Your Device Subscription for "JACOB'S IPHONE" is EXPIRING SOON, on 06/30/2012. Renew Subscription Now. What do i do? Pay more money or wait and it will autorenew without extra charge since I am a subscriber? Help please.

Ayesha: Hello Jacob

Ayesha: May I have your magic jack phone number please?

Jacob: Do I have to pay to keep using the MagicJack APP for Iphone? I own 1 magicjack for my computer and am using that same number to use for incoming and outgoing calls on my iphone. PLEASE NOTE: Your Device Subscription for "JACOB'S IPHONE" is EXPIRING SOON, on 06/30/2012. Renew Subscription Now. What do i do? Pay more money or wait and it will autorenew without extra charge since I am a subscriber? Help please.

Jacob: 111-111-1111
Ayesha: thank you

Ayesha: Please wait while I check that for you

Ayesha: Thank you for holding

Ayesha: You may wait for the subscription or add subscription plan in your account.

Ayesha: as i hvae checked it here your autorenewal is on.

Jacob: how much is it to continue to use the magicjack app

Jacob: i already pay for a magicjack number

Jacob: i need to know the total cost per year

Ayesha: to continue using the magicjack app the subscription plan cost 429.95

Ayesha: $29.95

Ayesha: sorry for they typo. it's $29.95 per year.

Jacob: ok so its 29.95 plus 29.95 for it to work also with my dongle to my computer?

Jacob: for a total of about 60 per year?

Ayesha: Nope we do not support the magicjack on computer now, that will be for your magicjack APP on your Iphone.

Jacob: oh no, so when my magicjack dongle expires, it will no longer be resubscribable since i use the magicjack app on my iphone?

Ayesha: you are right Jacob

Jacob: what if i lose or break my phone and i need a backup home phone?

Jacob: do i buy another magicjack dongle?

Jacob: i really need both the app and the one that goes to the computer

Jacob: for the same number

Ayesha: You mean the contact or call logs?

Jacob: no i mean the hardware

Ayesha: We do not support magicjack on computer

Ayesha: You may have the magicajck devices.

Jacob: yes i have the device to the computer currently

Jacob: my account says so

Jacob: i dont understand why you dont support the magicjack device to the computer at all

Jacob: im misunderstanding you sorry. Smile

Ayesha: We made some updates on our ssytem las january

Jacob: ok

Ayesha: you can have the device.

Jacob: I understand that magicjack plus is out

Jacob: i mean is for sale currently

Ayesha: Yes it is

Jacob: i only own the original magicjack

Jacob: you are not allowing renewal on my current original hardware magicjack device?

Jacob: because i have the magicjack registered to the same phone number that is registered to my original magicjack device?

Jacob: What do i need to do to have a backup device for my current phone number. I need the computer version and the iphone version both.

Jacob: im sorry for all the questions

Ayesha: You phone numbers is already save on your account in my.magicjack,com

Ayesha: Since we are no longer suppoeting your the magicjack on computer it cannot be renewed.

Jacob: do i need to buy a new magicjack plus then to allow my phone to ring on my computer?

Ayesha: I will be right with you.

Ayesha: One moment please...

Ayesha: thank you for waiting

Jacob: o

Ayesha: yes you may buy the magicjack device for you to secure your connection

Jacob: how do i get my current number 111-111-1111 on the new magicjack plus after I buy it?

Ayesha: No accounts found for email address = '[email protected]

Jacob: that is not my email

Ayesha: sorry wrong person may bd

Jacob: my email for that number is [email protected]. ok.

Ayesha: you can transfer that number to your account

Jacob: ok

Ayesha: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Jacob: please warn current users in their my.magicjack.com that their magicjack will not be supported if you continue to use the app and will have to buy a new magicjack plus in order to continue to use the pc and iphone for the same number.

Jacob: As the old orignal magicjack is no longer supported.

Jacob: or renewable

Jacob: thank you

Ayesha: you are most welcome

Ayesha: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Jacob: no thanks
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I followed that whole conversation correctly. Was she insisting that they have already quit supporting the original MJ device? Or is it somehow only applicable if you are also using the App? Confusing my tiny brain. Confused
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "customer support" rep obviously didn't understand the original question LOL! The correct answer is that you continue to renew your *original* MagicJack *device* (and its associated telephone number) with $$$ as you normally would. When you have the iOS app installed and associated with the same number as that which is associated with a regular MagicJack device, you still have to "renew" it by its "due date" but you click on "Keep Basic" (or whatever it's called on the website) to keep it free (and you still then have to go into the "shopping cart" to "check out" even though it's free).

The reason why it's so bizarre is that the same web pages are intended to serve both people like you and others who simply have a solitary, paid iOS number subscription (which when I last checked was about $10/year).
PCTECH4747
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks steve. ill do keep basic. the lady had me thinking that if i get the app, my original magicjack wont work, and will have to buy a magicjack plus for 80 bucks plus have to pay 30 per year ontop of that for using the so called FREE app.

they need to clairify it in their active directory of subscribers that pay vs not pay and post instructions in their portals. if u know what i mean...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: