magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change mj drive letters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrostyAMD
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Change mj drive letters Reply with quote

Mj installed ttwo drives M: and N: and I'd like to use later letters such as
W: and X: is this possible after having intalled with the present drives ? Plz give a how to if it is possible
FredFriendly
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Change mj drive letters Reply with quote

FrostyAMD wrote:
Mj installed ttwo drives M: and N: and I'd like to use later letters such as
W: and X: is this possible after having intalled with the present drives ? Plz give a how to if it is possible

It is certainly possible. When I first plugged in my magicjack, it took over the drive letter of one of my external USB drives, so I changed the drive letters to two unused drive letters.

Here are instructions for Windows XP:

> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools

> Computer Managment

> Storage > Disk Management

In the list you will see a drive labeled 'PHONE' and a drive labeled 'magicjack'.

Right click on the drive labeled 'PHONE' and in the subsequent pop-up window select 'Change drive letter and paths.'

Then click on the 'Change' button, select an available drive letter from the next drop-down list, and click the 'Ok' button.

Repeat this process for the drive labeled 'magicjack.'

Then simply remove the magicjack device from the USB port and plug it back it. It will start up using the new drive letters that you have assigned.

Hope this helps.

FredFriendly
=========
Duck1955
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: so confused Reply with quote

I am not very computer literate so talk slow. I have been on chat all day trying to get this thing to work. I just got it 4 days ago and it worked perfectly, now its all messed up. I turned my pc on this morning and it wasn't coming on.
I chatted with several different operaters, the last one told me to delet something clled mjusbsp. Now the d=esktop icon is gone too. The said to wait a few hours and try again but I have a bad feeling about this. Was I suppose to be unplugging this thing before turning my pc off.
kabo0m
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine isn't listed Phone or MagicJack so how do I find it? It seems to be listed as CD Rom?? odd ..

It is showing as F when that was my external HDD. I want the External to be F and MagicJack to be G or some other letter ... perhaps M for MagicJack... I am running Windows 7 Pro

And if I can change the drive letter .. will it stay on that drive letter or change every time Windows reboots?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: