magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CF - fraud?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: CF - fraud? Reply with quote

Call forwarding no longer works (for me) and is not an option on my Call Features page. But their add says:

Isn't this fraud?
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting comment, cell14. Obvious why you have 552 posts.
spc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use this link for now

https://web01.magicjack.com/my/call-forwarding.html
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying spc, but all I get after loging in using your link is:

No link to a Call Forwarding feature.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's funny, cause it takes me right to my login page, then to the CF page where I can still turn on or off my CF.....which is strange that this link works for some and not others as posted here. Not sure why, unless living in Canada and using a regular MJ vs a Plus makes a difference.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because mine's a new mj+? Or because I've got a ported number?
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the ported # being an issue until you get to the page, so that leaves the MJ+...is anyone else with a MJ+ getting this link to work???

Have you tried the link thru another computer just to see Wink
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very interesting comment, cell14. Obvious why you have 552 posts.

Actually, me (and others ) have commented on similar issues many times in the past. Unfortunately, some people do not do their homework before they sign up for a VOIP service. While MJ's way of doing business was always dishonest , for a number of years the service was worth the money if you new what to expect. Over the last year or so, it is not, simple as that. So, instead of repeating myself, I only laugh about people who still choose to pay for Dan's mansions without getting service worth paying for while there are better alternatives out there. Laughing
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14, I think the service is probably still worth the money. But maybe we should be more concerned they may be put out of business by a class action (which could easily win) showing they intentionally advertize a service that isn't provided.

Guess that would only be an inconvenience requiring all users to deal with either attempting to port their numbers away from a non operating company or notifying their contacts of a new number with a new service.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link that works for others and I, takes me to a log-in page and then a CF page:

http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
cell14, I think the service is probably still worth the money. But maybe we should be more concerned they may be put out of business by a class action (which could easily win) showing they intentionally advertize a service that isn't provided.

Guess that would only be an inconvenience requiring all users to deal with either attempting to port their numbers away from a non operating company or notifying their contacts of a new number wia new service.

So far, class action laws suits against MJ , if they got from the ground at all, did not bring MJ down and brought only pennies for the claimants. MJ can simply change their TOS ( something what they can do any time according the same TOS) and adjust their stupid advertisement . However, the stream of sheep wanting to sign up for their service and cough up the initial money for the dongle plus one year may dry up one day- and this is the crowd which keeps Dan alive. Their are now millions of people who know that the service sucks and that is not good for an operation with characteristics of a pyramid scheme.
So, MJ could go out of business any time with or without a law suit and indeed, recovering your number could be problematic.
If I believed for a single second that MJ is worth the money I still would be using it- I was a customer for 31/2 years. The only people who say that it is worth the money are those who never seriously tried and tested the alternatives, something my comments and smileys are trying to accomplish. Smile
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
This is the link that works for others and I, takes me to a log-in page and then a CF page:

Follows this link, logged in and took me to:
magicJack and magicJack PLUS devices:
DeviceDevice StatusNumberNumber Status
"OFFICE"
magicJack PLUS Expires 08/22/2013
Add Year(s)
(xxx) xxx-xxxx
U.S. Phone Number - Free
Renews with Device

then I tried Call Features ...

NO CF for me either ...

Where do you find it ???
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
The only people who say that it is worth the money are those who never seriously tried and tested the alternatives, something my comments and smileys are trying to accomplish. Smile

As usual, pure nonsense. I still think it's worth the money. I have however found a cheaper alternative in the GVJackApp. If GV stops being free, I will return back to MJ for the $30 a year, since it still works fine for me when I switch back and test it about once a week.

Would I invest money and buy a new device? Probably not. But for the "millions" who have used it and think the service sucks, I would gladly pay one or two of them $1 for their device near the end of their service and continue on with the $30 a year service since it's still working good for me.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

Follows this link, logged in and took me to:
magicJack and magicJack PLUS devices:
DeviceDevice StatusNumberNumber Status
"OFFICE"
magicJack PLUS Expires 08/22/2013
Add Year(s)
(xxx) xxx-xxxx
U.S. Phone Number - Free
Renews with Device

then I tried Call Features ...

NO CF for me either ...

Where do you find it ???

Not sure what to tell you. The link takes me to an account login and then into a CF page. It's possible it does that because I'm already forwarding my number?
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner,

My 3rd post above shows a screenshot of the page I get. You might be right that because you've got CF already setup, it still works for you.

I like what I see about the GVJack App except that GV won't allow porting of a landline number. If it did, I'd be there.

Last edited by ecobbMJ on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering same thing about not getting thru, as my # has always been forwarded too.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As usual, pure nonsense. I still think it's worth the money. I have however found a cheaper alternative in the GVJackApp. If GV stops being free, I will return back to MJ for the $30 a year, since it still works fine for me when I switch back and test it about once a week.

Would I invest money and buy a new device? Probably not. But for the "millions" who have used it and think the service sucks, I would gladly pay one or two of them $1 for their device near the end of their service and continue on with the $30 a year service since it's still working good for me.

Rolling Eyes You became a true champion in rude replies. No biggie, I will not bother you with further responses.
I hope that Dan will show his appreciation and invite you to one of his private parties.Just use something more reliable than MJ to communicate with him about that, you do not want to miss the party! Wink
In your past posts you admitted that you never bothered to explore and test the alternatives. That's exactly my point. But finally, as the last person among the old MJ users, you at least made the leap to GV jack( you did not 'find' it, it was discussed and offered by redpepper here on this forum many times) and gee, it works and it costs nothing!
In the past we discussed the extremely low retention rate about MJ users, especially in the first year. So yes, sir, there have been millions of MJ dongles dumped, unfortunately 99% or so of that ended up in land fills. But there is still plenty out there for whoever needs it for GV jack. And no, I would not sell anything for 1 $ except on a garage sale ( I sold both MJ dongles together for $ 8 via Graig's list) and no, I would not sell an unexpired dongle with my name and number to anyone unless you want to have cops breaking down your door at 3 AM because somebody used it for drug deals.
Yes, IF there were no good alternatives THEN MJ might be worth the money, at least for some people.Fortunately, there ARE alternatives out there, and many of them are to stay.
So to see, there are people interested in alternatives, considered the private messages I received to my posts. Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Rolling Eyes You became a true champion in rude replies. No biggie, I will not bother you with further responses.
I hope that Dan will show his appreciation and invite you to one of his private parties.Just use something more reliable than MJ to communicate with him about that, you do not want to miss the party! Wink
In your past posts you admitted that you never bothered to explore and test the alternatives. That's exactly my point. But finally, as the last person among the old MJ users, you at least made the leap to GV jack( you did not 'find' it, it was discussed and offered by redpepper here on this forum many times) and gee, it works and it costs nothing!
In the past we discussed the extremely low retention rate about MJ users, especially in the first year. So yes, sir, there have been millions of MJ dongles dumped, unfortunately 99% or so of that ended up in land fills. But there is still plenty out there for whoever needs it for GV jack. And no, I would not sell anything for 1 $ except on a garage sale ( I sold both MJ dongles together for $ 8 via Graig's list) and no, I would not sell an unexpired dongle with my name and number to anyone unless you want to have cops breaking down your door at 3 AM because somebody used it for drug deals.
Yes, IF there were no good alternatives THEN MJ might be worth the money, at least for some people.Fortunately, there ARE alternatives out there, and many of them are to stay.
So to see, there are people interested in alternatives, considered the private messages I received to my posts. Smile

Awwww..were your feelings hurt? Too bad. Seems to me that posting a bunch of Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil to postings is a pretty good definition of rude. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. So continue your forum trolling, you have become an expert at it.

I'm sure this will go over your head, but there is no need for me to try other alternatives when the one I am using is working just fine. No more than I need to keep trying out toasters when I find that the $20 I bought works just fine. I am quite capable of discerning whether I am getting good phone service or not. I moved to the App for one reason only, because it is cheaper. If something cheaper than that comes along I will try it out. But if GV does start charging, the cheapest alternative will be for me to sign back up with MJ (depending on what GV charges).
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
I'm wondering same thing about not getting thru, as my # has always been forwarded too.

Isn't making a lot of sense. Both the link I posted and the one spc posted is still working for me. I would play with it, but I don't want to suddenly get shut out.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner/cell14

Off topic
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
notdeadyet wrote:

Isn't making a lot of sense. Both the link I posted and the one spc posted is still working for me. I would play with it, but I don't want to suddenly get shut out.

I have 2 #s, so I did try playing with the one that wasn't Call Forwarded by doing do, then off again, and still have access to the links.
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@nailgunner, Thanks, your link http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html worked for me, I have 3 MJ's and one of them I keep transferred all the time. I am sure it is just a matter of time before Dan starts charging for call forwarding.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so jealous. When I use that link it automatically rolls to:

https://web08.magicjack.com/my/account.html

after loging in there's no CF option.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecobbMJ wrote:
I'm so jealous. When I use that link it automatically rolls to:

https://web08.magicjack.com/my/account.html

after loging in there's no CF option.

and this link took me again to my login, then CF page, so no idea why it redirects you somewhere else....may want to try another computer, whether in your house or a friend's just to test.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could take a poll:

Of those that are still able to access CF, do you:

1. Have ported a landline number to MJ
2. Using MJ standard or MJ+

I suspect the fact I've ported my landline number is prohibiting my access to CallForwarding.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not ported

MJ standard x 2
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard MJ...not ported.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecobbMJ wrote:
Wish I could take a poll:

Of those that are still able to access CF, do you:

1. Have ported a landline number to MJ
2. Using MJ standard or MJ+

I suspect the fact I've ported my landline number is prohibiting my access to CallForwarding.

1) my landline (AT & T) was ported to MJ+ (on 1/18/12, never been a customer prior to that date).

2) call forwarding works (I can turn it off/on as well from the link after logging on)
spc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those having a problem with the link may want to try a different browser. Just a thought.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spc,

Tried that without luck. . .
rachmar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: CF Reply with quote

Thanks for patiently waiting I really appreciate it ,as of now, we are still working on the call forwarding features on our system, but no need to worry you can access it click this link.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachmar,

Thanks for trying, but your link doesn't help me. Clicking your link, logging in opens the Account tab. Clicking the Call Features tab opens the same page I scanned and posted at the beginning of this thread, which doesn't offer Call Forwarding.

Maybe it will help others.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: CF Reply with quote

rachmar wrote:
Thanks for patiently waiting I really appreciate it ,as of now, we are still working on the call forwarding features on our system, but no need to worry you can access it click this link.

well the way I read your post, this is either Dave himself, or someone who works for him...right!!!!!!!!! that said, if working on the CF features means still charging us for it, you might as well shut the whole CF down, cause we're not going to pay for it...wait and see Sad

and if you'd bother to read this whole thread, you'd see that not all can access this link to CF, which is the problem now being discussed here.
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO call forwarding... BYE BYE...MJ... That is the biggest reason I have this thing... I refuse to pay more money to call forward
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and actually, now that I think about it, it's the only reason I wanted a CDN phone #, so I guess bye bye CDN #, and back to a free one Wink
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered this statement on the FAQ of the official site;

B. To enable call forwarding, if available, enter the phone number you want
the magicJack to forward to in the �Number to Forward Calls To�. Set �Call
Forwarding Status� to ON, and follow the prompts to checkout.
Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.

They are now charging for Call Forwarding. I also noticed on their homepage the "Free Call Forwarding" is gone.
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is the "if available" issue. I might be ok with paying for it, but they don't even give me the option.
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be no need to pay for it... Nettalk doesnt charge for it... I dont think they charge for a Canadian # either... I wish I had gone with them now
dfhawk60
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was able to use the link and turn on my forward, my cell number is stored for when i make extended trips.

i gambled with magicjack and have up to 10 years left on one. the gamble is that if they go under or the price goes down, then i lose. but if the price goes up then i win. but i purchased my 10 year advance on the listed features when i paid. changing/reducing the features is nothing less than cheating me out of what i paid for. but it has happened before. my guess is they are working on phasing out the free forwarding AFTER current paid subs run out. i think dan loses a few penny with each forward because the call terminates with a different carrier. but i guess we will all know soon enough Rolling Eyes
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfhawk60 wrote:
my guess is they are working on phasing out the free forwarding AFTER current paid subs run out.

this is my thinking and hope as well Wink and of course I agree that we are being cheating if not so Sad
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reyna: Hello, how may I help you?

WEB: I was trying to figure out why call forwarding disapeared and I have been reading that Magicjack is going to be charging for this service when it comes back. Is this true?

Reyna: Let me help you with that.

Reyna: I apologize however we do not have the exact information since the said maintenance is not yet done WEB.

WEB: That doesnt sound good.

WEB: That means pricing is being disucused.

WEB: When I purchased magicjack it said call forwarding was going to be included.

WEB: Now its been down for about 2 months with NO sign of when it will be back and no promise that it will be INCLUDED anymore.

Reyna: Please wait while I check that for you

Reyna: Thank you for waiting. As I have re checked here, yes WEB you are correct there is a charge for the said new call forwarding, however for now it is not yet accessible.

WEB: I thank you for checking on that.

WEB: However that is bad news.

Reyna: Thank you for your patience WEB. And I apologize if this has inconvenience you.

WEB: I bought my magicjack and it said it was included and free. Now they want to charge for it.

WEB: My service is up in November and I will be swtiching.

WEB: I know its not your fault but you can tell the people above you how disapointed I am.

Reyna: I understand how frustrating this issue has become WEB and I understand how you feel however since this chat is recorded your issue will be noted.

WEB: Ok thank you. Maybe it will help with future customers but for me this is my last week with magicjack. And as a person who has worked in IT for two decades and who has recommended magicjack to MANY MANY MANY individuals I will no longer be recommending it to anyone. As a mater of fact the one individual who just went out the other day and got magicjack for the first time, I will be telling him to box it up and send it back.

Reyna: I will understand WEB.

WEB: thank you for your time. And listening to me rant. Bait and switch is a BAD BAD BAD business model.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on the questions and answer section

-----------------------------------
YES, if available, visit http://my.magicjack.com and login to set up Call Forwarding. Click "Call Forwarding" under the "Call Features" tab and follow the prompts to check out.

The call forwarding feature may not be used to forward calls to conference, platform and non-ILEC area telephone numbers.

Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.
-----------------------------------

This Q&A was posted in september so WHY WHY WHY is customer service telling customers they dont have any information on what happend to call forwarding and they dont know what the pricing is going to be? This is right on their website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: