magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cant get fax to work with thin client HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: cant get fax to work with thin client HELP Reply with quote

Had a magic jack for years but have not really used it, so im trying to set up a fax line with it. If i hook the magicjack to my desktop i can fax, if i hook the magicjack to my hp 5730 thin client (running tiny xp) it will not work ? Any ideas on fix ?
Thanks
KMNugent52
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi demj1308,
Faxing has never been MJ's strong suit.
Look to this thread see if port forwarding helps. It did for me as far as the sound quality goes.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-fax-you-can-do-it-t10706.html
HTH -Kevin N.
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took a look at the other post, it dosent seem that there is a firewall setting on thin client that im using.
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote

ok, i should have tried this before i posted, i restarted the thin client and now it is working. I noticed this time when i tried it the thin client actually had a ring sound, where there was not one before. I guess re-boot before you post is always a good idea.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: