magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can't Click on "Telephone."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Can't Click on "Telephone."

Hello,

I wasted nearly an hour and a half with several different MJ reps until I realized they're all reading from the same damn manual. Laughing Each one of them having me go through the same thing over and over and over again.

I then ran a search on here and none of the yielded search results helped me fix this problem.

Problem: I can't click on "Telephone" under "Menu", then "Volume/Headset control." Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?

Tried the following to no avail:

mjrecover_setup
Upgraded
Unplugged MJ, restarted.
Uninstalled the Tigerjet" from "Other Devices."

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Check your sound settings
Anthony2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject:

What am I checking for, exactly? Sound's working perfectly and all the channels are up and working fine.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Do you have magicjack or tigerjet showing as a sound card option?
Anthony2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject:

In, "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" under "Audio", it's my sound card. Same thing under "Voice." Is that what you mean?

In Device Manager, under, "Other Devices", both "RAID Controller" and "USB Internet Phone by TigerJet" have a yellow exclamation point with a question mark behind it. Reps kept having me install and uninstall that and it never did anything.
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Do you have the proper USB drivers? See the post here:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/using-a-thin-client-but-no-sound-using-phone-t4350.html
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Anthony2 wrote:
In, "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" under "Audio", it's my sound card. Same thing under "Voice." Is that what you mean?

In Device Manager, under, "Other Devices", both "RAID Controller" and "USB Internet Phone by TigerJet" have a yellow exclamation point with a question mark behind it. Reps kept having me install and uninstall that and it never did anything.

then the USB drivers are not installed properly. Try what Stevereno is suggesting.
Anthony2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject:

For the record, I'm running straight into my computer, not a Thin Client. Not sure if that matters or not.

And I just updated my USB drivers and still nothing.

The, "USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet" that the one guy talks about, he says should be in "Sound, video and game controllers" but it's not - it's in "Other Devices" and it has a yellow exclamation point next to it. Not sure hwat that means either and if that has anything to do with my problem.

Steve...did you download that USBAudio.Driver from Rapidshare? If so, what exactly did you do with it? If not, did you just click on "Update driver" on your USB drivers?
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Anthony2 wrote:
Steve...did you download that USBAudio.Driver from Rapidshare? If so, what exactly did you do with it? If not, did you just click on "Update driver" on your USB drivers?

Yes, correct. Download the driver and then when you update, select the driver file you've downloaded.
Anthony2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Sheesh...what a headache. Got it, tho'. Thanks a million for that link, Steve. I doubt I would have found it on my own.
zzdiesel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject:

stevereno wrote:
Anthony2 wrote:

Yes, correct. Download the driver and then when you update, select the driver file you've downloaded.
Is there a 64 bit driver?
jnlj0704
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Can't switch to telephone

I'm new to the forums. Have had magicjack for a couple of weeks. I have tried suggestions listed in the forum and still can't switch to the telephone option on the interface. In hardware manager, the only place the majic jack is listed is in the DVD/CD Rom devices tab. Don't know if this is correct or not. It is not listed under any other category. The PC part works. I do get a dial tone on the telephone, but I can't dial, etc.
Thanks in advance for any help.
zzdiesel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject:

I finally got mine going last night. I updated my motherboard's Realtek sound drivers to the latest driver. I then completely un-installed the Magicjack software and then rebooted and let it re-install automatically. Things are right now.
jnlj0704
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I tried updating the sound drivers, soundmax, but can't find a website. Also, I did notice that magic jack was showing up under sound devices as PCTV. I have not had this installed on my computer for a long time. I did a registry search, but found no entries. Apparently that was the USB driver it was trying to use. Any additional suggestions would be welcomed.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject:

jnlj0704 wrote:
I tried updating the sound drivers, soundmax, but can't find a website. Also, I did notice that magic jack was showing up under sound devices as PCTV. I have not had this installed on my computer for a long time. I did a registry search, but found no entries. Apparently that was the USB driver it was trying to use. Any additional suggestions would be welcomed.

Check your motherboard or computer makers website for sound drivers
jnlj0704
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject:

Okay found drivers on internet, but they are the same version and date. So far no problems with sound. When mj is plugged in, I don't show any problems on Device Manager, other than the screwy PCTV showing up. I'm not sure where else remnants of that could be. I ran regedit and could not find any entries. I'm about ready to give up on mj, but now it has become a quest to solve the problem.
Peracles
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject:

go to control panel and click on your sounds.
make sure your desktop speakers are selected in advanced settings.

go down the list of your hardware devices and find the tigerjet entries, there is two of them in windows xp.

make sure both of them are enabled and show as configured properly.

if not just allow the system to download and install the proper drivers.

once this has been done just return to your mj settings and you will now
be able to select 'telephone', and have it work normally thru your
handset or basestation.

hope this helps.
Baja Boojum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I've had this problem and tried every fix suggested in this forum and by magicJack support. Nothing works long term, so about 5% of the time the problem returns. It always happens at computer startup, and once fixed doesn't occur until another computer restart. I know it's messed up when I start up the computer and 'Switch to Headset/telephone' is not listed as an option in the softphone menu. I believe it's caused by the magicJack drivers starting before the OS is ready, or something similar.

After trying various combinations of all the fixes, the only thing I do now is unplug the dongle for a minute or so and then plug it back in. Invariably the problem is fixed. It is annoying, but is easier than anything else I've tried.
kharaarse
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm having a similar issue with the telephone option. I can receive calls on my PC but, my phone can't make or receive calls. I tried to look under device manager for anything that says Tigerjet but I don't see anything there. I don't even have "other devices". I also don't see it under "sound, video and game controllers". What can I do? I have a wireless phone.
kknkbaker
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Not able to connect to "Phone"?

For some reason I am not able to skype while magicjack is selected, so, what I have to do is disable the handset (USB Internet Phone by TigerJet)
To do this, I right click on the Speaker Icon (On the Bottom Right Corner)
and choose recording devices, I then need to Right click the handset and choose disable. Once this is done, I am able to us skype with no issues.

So why am I posting this in here?

I have found that if I do not enable the handset, I have the same issue that all of you are having. What I do to get it back is this...

Right click on the speaker icon
Choose Recording devices
Right click anywhere in the field and choose "Show Disabled Devices"
Right click Handset (Which is now showing in the field)
Choose enable
Go to Menu on the MagicJack
Choose "Volume/Headset control"
Choose Telephone
Restart MagicJack (Not the Computer)
And everything is back to normal

Hope this helps you out!
akonono123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: I know how fix the telephone

uninstall the USB internet phone by tigerjet and reboot ur computer..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: