magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Click on "Telephone."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnlj0704
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay found drivers on internet, but they are the same version and date. So far no problems with sound. When mj is plugged in, I don't show any problems on Device Manager, other than the screwy PCTV showing up. I'm not sure where else remnants of that could be. I ran regedit and could not find any entries. I'm about ready to give up on mj, but now it has become a quest to solve the problem.
Peracles
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to control panel and click on your sounds.
make sure your desktop speakers are selected in advanced settings.

go down the list of your hardware devices and find the tigerjet entries, there is two of them in windows xp.

make sure both of them are enabled and show as configured properly.

if not just allow the system to download and install the proper drivers.

once this has been done just return to your mj settings and you will now
be able to select 'telephone', and have it work normally thru your
handset or basestation.

hope this helps.
Baja Boojum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem and tried every fix suggested in this forum and by magicJack support. Nothing works long term, so about 5% of the time the problem returns. It always happens at computer startup, and once fixed doesn't occur until another computer restart. I know it's messed up when I start up the computer and 'Switch to Headset/telephone' is not listed as an option in the softphone menu. I believe it's caused by the magicJack drivers starting before the OS is ready, or something similar.

After trying various combinations of all the fixes, the only thing I do now is unplug the dongle for a minute or so and then plug it back in. Invariably the problem is fixed. It is annoying, but is easier than anything else I've tried.
kharaarse
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a similar issue with the telephone option. I can receive calls on my PC but, my phone can't make or receive calls. I tried to look under device manager for anything that says Tigerjet but I don't see anything there. I don't even have "other devices". I also don't see it under "sound, video and game controllers". What can I do? I have a wireless phone.
kknkbaker
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Not able to connect to "Phone"? Reply with quote

For some reason I am not able to skype while magicjack is selected, so, what I have to do is disable the handset (USB Internet Phone by TigerJet)
To do this, I right click on the Speaker Icon (On the Bottom Right Corner)
and choose recording devices, I then need to Right click the handset and choose disable. Once this is done, I am able to us skype with no issues.

So why am I posting this in here?

I have found that if I do not enable the handset, I have the same issue that all of you are having. What I do to get it back is this...

Right click on the speaker icon
Choose Recording devices
Right click anywhere in the field and choose "Show Disabled Devices"
Right click Handset (Which is now showing in the field)
Choose enable
Go to Menu on the MagicJack
Choose "Volume/Headset control"
Choose Telephone
Restart MagicJack (Not the Computer)
And everything is back to normal

Hope this helps you out!
akonono123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: I know how fix the telephone Reply with quote

uninstall the USB internet phone by tigerjet and reboot ur computer..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: