magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't call 800 numbers in Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luxfestinus
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Hope this fixes your problem Reply with quote

1.) Create a google voice account

2.) Enter (register) your magicjack number into your google voice account.

3.) At https://www.google.com/voice/#inbox Enter the Canadian number to call into upper left hand box in the "Place a call" menu.

4.) Your magicjack phone should ring so answer it. You should hear it ringing on the other end to the Canadian number.

Magic Jack should only see the U.S. google voice number and as it is also an incoming call so all should be well. Reply if it works. Thanks.

It has been brought to my attention that you will need a U.S. IP address to create a Google Voice account. Use http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/ or http://openvpn.net/ to possibly get a US ip address. With openvpn.net you may need to disconnect and reconnect until a US IP address pops up.
cbcal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: 1866 Numbers Reply with quote

I recently bought a magic jack. works great, except most of the time I cannot call 1866 and 1800 numbers.

I work for a Canadian company, with significant US operations. I have a Canadian magicjack number, and use the MJ to call conference lines in both the US and Canada, for which the conference organizer gives me a toll free number and a pincode for when they organize conference calls.

Neither the US (mostly Verizon) or Canadian (mostly Bell Canada) 1866 numbers work.

I get a (poorly recorded) message saying "No Routes Found" followed by a short fast busy signal, then it disconnects.

A few times I've got it to connect by eliminating the "1" and just dialing 866, but that hasn't worked lately.

I reported to the MajicJack online support, but I dont have much confidence.
srgts2pid
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: toll free numbers Reply with quote

An easy way to call toll free numbers is to insert * in 2nd digit position.
Like when I call Sears Canada 800-267-3277, I dial 8*00-267-3277 and it works! Very Happy

saw this somewhere here but can't find it!
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
I hope that is a joke, because that's a really bad idea.

If there was a contest for bad ideas, that one would be a contender for the grand prize.

That won a grand prize, Look at his location!
Kenny2469
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It apears they have tweaked the system, Im in Vancouver (604) and can now dial local canadian toll free numbers....
cbcal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Toll free working for me now also... Reply with quote

I never heard back from support after I gave them a sample of 5 or more toll free numbers that didnt work several weeks ago.

I have a Canadian 647 number.

Good news, as of Saturday 1/22/2011, I noticed I'm now able to successfully call US Verizon toll free conference calls, and Bell Canada toll free conference calls - none of these have worked for me from MagicJack in several weeks.

Seems they fixed whatever it was...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: