magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone help me out.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corvus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Can someone help me out..... Reply with quote

I have a wyse v90 w/800meg proceesor that says speed of 400mhz that has a sd card slot and what appears to be a slot for a hard drive or something right next to the sd card slot. It has stock 512rom/512ram that needs the internet explorer 6 removed and Ie 8 installed with adobe flash 10.2, java,windows media player and magic jack software.I think if the junk ie 6 is removed there should be enough room?If not we could buy a 1gig for the wyse too.
Also.I have a HP t5700 256/256 that I bought a 1gig transend and 512 meg of ram.that I would like programed.
Can anyone do this for me?,I've tried over the past couple of months and this is really getting frustrating,ive lost internet explorer 6 and cannot install anything on these things even in administrator mode.in a last ditch effort I wrote a message on this forum and went to the dummies site,even had a more savy computer guy look at the info there and we cannot make a DOK work!!!
It's going to take someone that knows these things to do it.

Thank you,I give up!

Ed
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the slot you are talking about (in the back?) is a PCMCIA slot.

You should be able to install one of the many tiny browsers using a USB drive after downloading from another machine. Not sure why you are hung up on using IE 6 or 8? But some small browsers don't support Adobe Flash. Then again, using adobe Flash on an under-powered thin client isn't good either.

I believe your problem is the 1 GB Transend module. While 1 GB may work great on a t5710, I thought the t5700s were limited to 512 MB. Someone should correct me if I am wrong.
corvus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Oh NO... Reply with quote

Hmmm, Then that could be it but I saw on Strohs thread that he,s using a t5700 with 1gig transend and 512 ram (this may be the limit you are thinking about)
There's a guy on ebay selling thin clients that can actually stream video clearly and are flashed with the latest version of IE8.I bought one from him but now I have these 2 thin clients I'm into for roughly 125 a piecebut the wyse was sealed in a box complete and the t5700[was also new with the original CD sealed in the bag.I was hoping that someone could flash these for[ me,bc I just can,t figure it out or sell both of these with the memory cards I [just bought to uprade them.I had a computer guy in here and he said he didnt understand the DOK concept,but he also said[ he was an apple guy and woukld look at the post from this site and try to [help me out.Another PC guy said .: What do you want one of them for?they cant do[ anything...arent those things supposed to [just work with a server or something?I may go[ to the ebay guy and take him up on his offer to flash the 1 gig and see if that works!That'll be one expensive t5700' 28$ for 1 gig 19$ for 512 ram and 92$ for the tc then 20 for rpogramming OUCH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: