magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I have on my TC - print server and run Team Viewer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donnybb
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Can I have on my TC - print server and run Team Viewer? Reply with quote

I have had my MagicJack for about 40 days now and am already looking at a thin client. Is it possible to have TeamViewer added onto the thin client? I prefer this to Remote Desktop. I am also looking at maybe using the TC to be a print server. I guess I would then need the TC to have 2 USB ports (one for MJ, one for the printer) Is all this possible? If so, how much memory should I look for? I see some advertised on Ebay with memory listed like this: 512/256. Also, which brand would work the best for the specs of mine listed above? HP, Wyse, or other?
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the first thread would have pretty well answered most of your questions. The HP t5700 series seem to be very common and best supported. Don't take them past 512MB/1GB or when you try to re-install the OS it will balk. They come with 4 USB ports standard and Teamviewer is a great way to access them. You can use them for a print server but don't expect to have clear conversations on MJ when printing.

I use a t5710 with 512MB/1GB on a KVM, not Teanviewer but it was hardware I had sitting around. My friend runs a Wyse that was plug and play with his MJ off Ebay and he has been delighted.
stav
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Can I have on my TC - print server and run Team Viewer? Reply with quote

donnybb wrote:
I have had my MagicJack for about 40 days now and am already looking at a thin client. Is it possible to have TeamViewer added onto the thin client? I prefer this to Remote Desktop. I am also looking at maybe using the TC to be a print server. I guess I would then need the TC to have 2 USB ports (one for MJ, one for the printer) Is all this possible? If so, how much memory should I look for? I see some advertised on Ebay with memory listed like this: 512/256. Also, which brand would work the best for the specs of mine listed above? HP, Wyse, or other?

1/ yes it is possible to have Team Viewer added to the TC
2/ you would need 512/1GB to run all you want on TC5700,
I have the TC5700 so cant speak about the Wyse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: