magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Callto: links for magicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JumpingJackFlash
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Callto: links for magicJack Reply with quote

One of the Skype features that I really have enjoyed is the ability to highlight Callto: links for Skype in Firefox. Would it be possible to create an application for magicJack which would allow numbers to be highlighted as a Callto: link in Firefox? Ideally it would include a check feature that would automatically switch magicJack from the telephone mode to the headset mode.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that the callto link is desirable for some, however, for me and most people that I know the Skype automatic change the browser default is one thing we all hate about Skype. Love Skype - hate the change our browsers without asking. If MJ does this, hope it is not a default change.
JumpingJackFlash
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver Dave wrote:
I understand that the callto link is desirable for some, however, for me and most people that I know the Skype automatic change the browser default is one thing we all hate about Skype. Love Skype - hate the change our browsers without asking. If MJ does this, hope it is not a default change.

Just remove the Skype add in for Firefox. In the future when you update Skype the Firefox extension will not be installed.
garybritt
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something similar could easily be done with a macro program like autoit, autohotkey, or macro express. Something like highlight phone number in any screen, (not just a browser), hit hotkey (which could be a mouseclick and key combo) and the macro copies the phone number to the clipboard, brings up the magicjack phone, pastes the phone number into appropriate control and clicks on the dial button. Having it switch from phone to headset could easily be done as well for those who wanted that (I wouldn't).

I would imagine it would be possible to program a firefox extenstion to do this or cooperate with a macro in doing this for those who just want to click on a callto: link in firefox.

Gary
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just remove the Skype add in for Firefox. In the future when you update Skype the Firefox extension will not be installed.
I know that this is how the Skype install works, the problem is that the change to the browser is not an election, it is the default and bad manners. - - check here if you wish to goof up how telephone numbers look in your browser would be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: