magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling into major phone exchanges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Calling into major phone exchanges Reply with quote

I recently tried to call Disney World. I would get dead air...three quick beeps...and then a hangup. At first I thought I had a wrong number, but the result was the same for all the Disney numbers. I called on my cell and connected immediately. Magic Jack technical support eventually transferred the problem to their "engineers", which I assume is a black hole. Is it possible that large phone "exchanges" like Disney are blocking my incoming calls somehow? Or is it on my end? Other than this I have had "few" problems. Thanks in advance for any help.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's "possible" your MJ is a new exchange not recognized yet by whatever Ma Bell in Florida ir routing your calls. Usually a chat with support clears this up after a few days when you tell them this.
I would try support again and tell them about FL not recognizing your MJ exchange.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think that's the issue. Based in Florida and have had MJ since January, with not issues to dozens of other Florida numbers. Thanks for the input.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
Don't think that's the issue. Based in Florida and have had MJ since January, with not issues to dozens of other Florida numbers. Thanks for the input.

Well don't forget Disney tends to be a world of itself and maybe they have their own unique exchange which does not recognize yours yet. Just a thought.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, That's what I thought, and was wondering if anyone else had problems dialing into a large exchange like Disney. I see I have this all posted in the "Thin Client" area. That's a newbie for you. I will post elsewhere in the forum and also check back with MJ support.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok we were all newbies at some point Smile

I still think another crack at support now explaining it is probably an exchange problem might be your best bet.

a former newbie
Joe Sica
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned it to the two techs I talked with, and both glossed it over. One asked for the number I called (I tried 5 different Disney numbers with the same result). Not sure if they tried calling on their end on a MagicJack, but I will chat again with them and see if they thought about the exchange issue real thoroughly.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
I mentioned it to the two techs I talked with, and both glossed it over. One asked for the number I called (I tried 5 different Disney numbers with the same result). Not sure if they tried calling on their end on a MagicJack, but I will chat again with them and see if they thought about the exchange issue real thoroughly.

Keep trying to kick it higher up till you get someone who has a clue.
Of course you could also try, via cell, calling Disney and inquire to who is in charge of their phone system and let then know your exchange. I know I know a long shot, but can't hurt to try.

Joe Sica
donschjr
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, when I call my Son's number it's 50-50 whether it will go threw or give me a fast busy. This usaully changes about every 4 or 5 days and when I get the fast busy I have to use my cell to call. I've had my MJ for close to 2 years and he has had the same number for at least 5 years. I've used MJ support 1 time and I'll never bother with that worthless waste of time again, they are absolutly clueless about Pc's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: