magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

callers get a busy signal but I can call out okay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Ross
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: callers get a busy signal but I can call out okay. Reply with quote

I installed my MJ plus about three weeks ago and it works great. Today however, I just learned that it rings busy for incoming calls.

I get almost no incoming calls on my MJ so I don�t know when this problem began.

It did work okay for incoming calls when I first set it up.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

I reset the router, but that didn�t help.
Larry Ross
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a bit embarrassing but I just remembered that I initiated call forwarding, sending incoming calls to my land line. Duh!!

Of course it was busy as I used the land line to call my MJ.

Perhaps this will help someone else who might make the same error.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Ross wrote:
Well, this is a bit embarrassing but I just remembered that I initiated call forwarding, sending incoming calls to my land line. Duh!!

Of course it was busy as I used the land line to call my MJ.

Perhaps this will help someone else who might make the same error.

I'm trying not to laugh but it is funny. At least you had the guts to post what happened, as opposed to others who I'm sure change their name when or if they visit again. Also lucky you didn't pound your device into a pile of dust out of frustration as I'm sure has happened to others as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: