magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

caller ID not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtomsimpson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: caller ID not working Reply with quote

my caller id does not work - always worked on land line and same handset. customer chat is worthless - They had me open some ports and rerun upgrade did both - no difference. also sometimes when you call someone it just goes back to dial tone - have to try 3 or 4 times it finally goes thru.

Is there any phone for customer complaints? I notice someone emailed the owner 'Dan" do you have emails or phone number for real people. chat - once again - is totally worthless.

I have a one year old Panasonic phone 5.8Ghz - they tell me the phone must be incompatible - but they have no list of compatible phones.
sometimes you get what you pay for when it's almost free.
this is, sadly, one of those times.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
haansgruber
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: caller ID not working Reply with quote

dtomsimpson wrote:
my caller id does not work - always worked on land line and same handset. customer chat is worthless - They had me open some ports and rerun upgrade did both - no difference. also sometimes when you call someone it just goes back to dial tone - have to try 3 or 4 times it finally goes thru.

Is there any phone for customer complaints? I notice someone emailed the owner 'Dan" do you have emails or phone number for real people. chat - once again - is totally worthless.

I have a one year old Panasonic phone 5.8Ghz - they tell me the phone must be incompatible - but they have no list of compatible phones.

Win = Update Active X?

What OS are you using? OS X, XP, Vista? sp1, sp2, sp3?
You left out a lot of important info if you want assistance.

peace,

haans Smile
dtomsimpson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: caller ID not working Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply - I use VISTA.
haansgruber wrote:
dtomsimpson wrote:

Win = Update Active X?

What OS are you using? OS X, XP, Vista? sp1, sp2, sp3?
You left out a lot of important info if you want assistance.

peace,

haans Smile
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haans, don't waste too much time on this fellow. This is this newbie's third posting of the same complaint in this forum. He is upset because he didn't learn that there is no Calling Name ID on this service and that he didn't bother to do his homework to learn this before spouting off. It seems that he has time to complain and to crosspost, but not enough time to read or Search.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: