magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caller ID name wasn't fixed! Never RESOLVED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffreyzemak
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Caller ID name wasn't fixed! Never RESOLVED Reply with quote

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Anna'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK111530115565750X

Anna: Hello, how may I help you?

Anna: Hello Jeff.

Jeff: Hi, my caller Id shows only the number without the caller's name.

Anna: Thank you for addressing your concern, glad to assist you with that.

Anna: Is this your magicJack phone number 912*******?

Jeff: yes it is/

Jeff: Hello?

Anna: Thank you for the confirmation.

Jeff: thanks

Anna: Do I have Caller ID with magicJack?

YES.

Inbound Calls:

magicJack will display the Caller ID of the person calling you.

Outbound Calls:

Other parties with Caller ID will see your telephone number when you call them.

They will NOT see your name, unless they have saved your number as a contact.

Jeff: Their caller ID use to display their name and number when I was with different provider. Now it displays only phone number. How can this be fixed?

Anna: The other end will only see the 10 digit number only, Jeff. Your name will only display once they will save your name in there contact list.

Jeff: I am more concern with the incoming calls that I used to see the name of person calling with their number from their home phones. I see only the 10 digit number now.

Anna: MagicJack will display the caller ID of the person calling you, and other parties with caller ID will see your telephone number when you call them.

Jeff: But I'm not getting the full caller ID of the person calling

Anna: Yes because you will only see there 10 digit number but if you have registered there numbers in your contact list you will see there name, Jeff.

Jeff: Anna, I didn't register nothing on the contact list with the previous provider and the ID were all showing when someone calls. When you talk about contact list; is it on my phone or magic jack website?

Anna: One moment please...

Anna: Please hold, I am transferring you to a senior agent.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Ermin'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK111530115565750X

Ermin: Welcome to the higher level of support! This is Ermin and I will be assisting you today..

Ermin: Let me read your chat with your previous operator so that I can assist you right away.Thank you..

Jeff: Thanks

Ermin: One moment please...

Ermin: Thank you for patiently waiting,As I have checked it here this is all about the caller ID ,Am I correct?

Jeff: Yes

Ermin: For you to be able to display the caller ID on your magicjack you need to save the number with name on it on your dial pad

Jeff: These wasn't show on magic jack case cover when I was purchasing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: