magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caller Does Not Hear Ring When Calling Out Magic Jack Plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pss10s
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Caller Does Not Hear Ring When Calling Out Magic Jack Plus Reply with quote

Our Magic Jack Plus has been working great for several months. Suddenly, we started having a problem. When someone calls the phone connected to our Magic Jack Plus, they cannot hear the call ring. On our end, the caller id works and the phone rings. Once we answer it, the caller can hear us. The trouble is, while they wait for us to answer, all they hear is silence. I chatted with Magic Jack tech support for twp hours, but to no avail. Has anyone had this problem before? Any ideas on how to solve it?
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You most likely did the right thing by contacting support. If your report makes it to the correct tech your problem may get fixed in a few days.

Sounds like a setup issue with a call connecting server.

Not that it means anything but I just tested a call to my MJ+ and it rings between the actual rings just fine.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: In-coming callers don't hear ringing Reply with quote

My magicJack Plus started doing this (or not doing this) in the last week. Don't know exactly when.

Our frequent callers have learned to just wait for us to pickup... No telling how many calls we are "missing".

I am considering re-hooking up our old regular magicJack, and see whether that does the same...

Keith
1_positive_guy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: incoming Caller hears no ring tone or ringing Reply with quote

I have had the same problem. Incoming callers do not hear anything, just silence until I answer or my messaging machine answers. However, my home phone connected to the MJ Plus will work fine. They will ring and show caller ID as normal. My problem started about Feb 4, 2012. Opened ticket with MJ Chat with no resolution. Problem was fixed by Feb 10, 2012. Smile
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After checking a little more thoroughly, it is only happening on our original magicJack. Calls placed to our magicJack Plus (which is a number we haven't given out to anyone) get a ring tone just fine.

My current "work-around" is to have family members call on our Google Voice number, which rings to our magicJack Plus number.

Keith
1_positive_guy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Caller not hearing any ringing when calling, 2nd time Reply with quote

I posted on this topic a couple of days ago, and in that post I said the "caller not hearing any ringing" problem was fixed. Well, it is happening again (Feb 14, 2012). It is the same problem with the MJ service, not the MJ Plus unit in my house. The problem: Callers can not hear any ringing when calling my MJ number, so they get no indication that the call is going though. They just hear silence. Inside my home the MJ rings my phones and I can answer and talk to the caller. If I don't answer my home answering machine activates and the caller can hear my voice message and leave a message if they wish. I chated with MJ support again with no real help or any resolution. I will just haev to wait and see if the problem fixes itself. Crying or Very sad
bborden51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Verizon callers don't hear ring Reply with quote

I have the same non ring problem on my older MJ but it seems that only Verizon cellphone callers don't hear a ring. I can hear the ring from my Sprint-based cell phone and callers from landlines hear a ring but all Verizon cellphone callers don't hear a ring. Anybody else have this problem?
1_positive_guy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Verizon (or StraightTalk) callers hear no ringing Reply with quote

The comment by BBorden51 was good. I posted comments earlier about callers not hearing ringing when calling my MJ. It seems that Verizon or StraightTalk cell phone callers do not hear ringing when calling. Callers from CenturyLink land-line services hear the ringing. My home phones connected to the MJ+ device ring and answer just fine no matter who is calling. This is in the southeast Minnesota area.
bborden51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Straight Talk uses the Verizon network. Reply with quote

A friend, who has a Straight Talk phone, does not hear the ring. ST uses the Verizon network. I have a Platinumtel phone which uses the Sprint network and I hear the ring when I call my MJ.
bborden51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: A friend of mine called from his Verizon phone just now and he heard a ring. So, problem fixed for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: