magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call Forwarding Feature Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roozie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Call Forwarding Feature Not Working Reply with quote

I have had my MJ for about 3 weeks now, and I never tested this feature before until last night. I set up MJ to enable Call Forwarding to my GrandCentral number so I can consolidate my calls to one message service area. However, when I dial my MJ number, it pops up the Accept/Reject call window, then after 4 rings, it goes straight to my MJ VoiceMail (Nice to know at least that works correctly). Besides enabling Call Forwading at My.MagicJack.com, is there any other setting I am missing somewhere, OR is this just one of the many features that MJ just hasn't worked out yet?

Anyone else having the same issue OR is Call Forwarding working for you??? BTW: I did run this my the MJ Tech Chat rep, and she said they were in the middle of making upgrades last night. Check back in 24 hours! We shall see!

Rooze
lenagainster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it by setting up call forwarding and with MJ turned off, the call goes straight to MJ voicemail. Not what I'd want. If MJ is off, I'd certainly want the call to be forwarded.
Roozie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and I are in total agreement Lena! If anyone does have Call Forwarding working, if there is anything you figured out on your own or with the help of MG Chat Tech Rep, please let us know how to get it working. Call Forwarding may be one of those "bugs" that hasn't been worked out with MJ. Sure need the fix quick!

Thanks!
Rooze
Jim Bob Mcgraw
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with call forwarding with the MJ on or off and I have tryed everything.
I just want to forward my calls to my cell phone thats all.
Roozie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, if anyone has the CF feature working, please enter any information you have obtained from this forum or MJ Tech Chat that helped getting CF to work on your MJ hardware. Looks like many of us in the same fix, and we really do want this feature working as they advertise that it does.

Thanks!
Rooze
scook587
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem with CF in 678 area. just had to put number to forward to in the box in my MJ account
and make sure you check the box to enable it.
Roozie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, this could be strictly an area code related problem. I am using a 703 area code for my MJ. Anyone else in the 703 area where the MJ is not Call Forwarding with the normal MJ set up process?

Thanks!
Rooze
ianwar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MJ area code is (212)-XXX-XXXX
I have forwarded my MJ to a Toronto's number and my MJ call forwarding was working fine for last 2 months. 2 weeks backs it stopped working.
First I was getting an error message that your call can not be completed and since last week it gives me error message "your extension number "(212)-XXX-XXXX-001" is not available and please leave a message after toon.

I have talked about this problem to MJ tech chat 6-7 times and every time they say our engineers are upgrading systems and in next few hours it will be fixed.
It started working again day before yesterday for few hours and now again its not working. I talk to tech chat again and again and i will keep posting here if i found something new.

thnx!
Roozie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ianwar,

Thanks for your response! It is somewhat comforting to know I am not the only one with CF not working. I am hoping that this new software upgrade that the owner said is coming by the end of this week will correct the CF issue for everyone, and that the overall functionality of the MJ improves. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Regards,
Rooze
Roozie
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I called my MJ number using a landline phone, and it finally Call Forwarded the number to my Grand Central 228-XXX-XXXX account. Perhaps the new software corrected the problem, but this is definitely the first time it has worked for my 703 area code MJ number. Sure hope it stays fixed for a long, long, time!!!

If anyone else is having success with CF and it didn't work prior to today, please let the forum users know of your success. Score one for MJ tech support!

Thanks!
Rooze
ianwar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roozie

lucky you! for me its still not working Sad they only change I could see is a new error message Smile

"Your call can not get through message number bla bla"

I guess for me everytime they play a new error message so that I dont get bore lol Very Happy ..
I dont know how many more new error messages are coming on my way.. Razz

Thanx!
bigbear78
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 3:25am california time and call forwarding still does not work, tech support claims they are doing upgrades again!! How many upgrades do they need to do unbelievable BS!!
andhow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: call forwarding Reply with quote

I have been in touch with the tech chat three times this week and they have told me that they are upgrading the system and they will have it running ASAP and THEY DO APOLOGIZE.
Bendle
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like they have found an answer at tech support and they lean on it for every instance of "I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG" - I am sure its true to some degree anyway... I bet they are always upgrading something at this point in their venture of buildg the magicjack kingdom!
ianwar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY.... IT IS WORKING NOW Very Happy
I just tried last night and it worked.. i didnt believe and checked again after few hours and again in morning and indeed it is working Very Happy
I guess that engineers who were upgrading either they got tired lol or they are on leave.. Very Happy

Thanx!
glm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Call forwarding not working..... Reply with quote

I new to MJ (about 1 week) and from day one tried to get MJ call forwarding working, I've contacted MJ tech and each time they say that Admin will be in contact with me in 24-48 - but I never get a response.

I have not been able to get call forwarding to work, not even once. My MJ area code is 201. I've tried call forwading to 973 and 714 area codes.

The last post i see is from april. does any one have MJ Call forwarding working?

Thanks, Gary
gary
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works perfectly! Does your my.magicjack.com call forwarding enabled look like this:

glm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does look like that. I am 100% positive that all my settings are correct, and that there is nothing else on my side to do. I ran magicfix, upgrade magic. tried 5 different phone numbers to forward to nothing changes in the way mj reacts

MJ randomly sends the call forwarding to MJ voice mail or it just goes silent.

MJ support says that they will have someone contact me but no one has in the last 10days.

Gary
glm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I found this to be very interesting in regards to MJ tech support. For about an hour tech hand me do numerous things to my system suggesting that my networks was slow. And it might be the Call Forwarding was not working because my ISP was in Peak and performing slowly. When I pointed out to them that when call forwarding is activated no incoming call should attemp to connect to my MJ because it defeats the purpose of call forwarding, the tech immediate reversed. It is very obvious to me that MJ has some major issues to address I hope they do soon because I would like to keep the MJ. See the transcript below.

ME: please if I may - I can't believe that MJ is trying to reach my MJ on my computer when call forwarding is on. In fact last night when it was working I had the computer shut down and Call Forwarding still worked

Ryan: Okay.
Ryan: Gary, the best we can do for now is wait.

ME: wait for what

Ryan: For the network issues to be eliminated and the call forwarding feature to work properly, Gary.

ME: who's network issue MJ's

Ryan: Yes, with the other network.
Ryan: The other network being your other phone's.
Ryan: Our engineers are working on eliminating them right now.

ME: OK just for the record- I'm on the 30 day trial and evaluating this for My business if this is going to be an on going issue the MJ will not work for business that require call forwarding feature. I hope MJ figures this out

Ryan: The feeling is mutual, Gary. We really do appreciate your patience.
Rosalyn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Call forwarding Reply with quote

I've had Magicjack for about a month now and am having the same problems with call forwarding. It has never worked - not even once. My area code is 817 anyone out there with same area code having the same problems? I'm sick and tired of being given the run around by techs who don't seem to understand English (written or spoken). Any ideas anyone. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: