magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call Forward to International Number?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianScott2000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Call Forward to International Number? Reply with quote

I loved my Magic Jack -- it seems like the quality of calls has gotten much better in the 15 months I've used it.

I am trying to figure out a way to forward my MJ phone number to a
cell phone in Europe. I'm willing to pay the MJ international LD charges (they are much lower than most others), but it appears you can only call forward to a 10 digit number. Anyone know any way to work around this?

I'm thinking about having my MJ forwarded to another service in the USA that has international call forwarding services, but their per minute rates to cell phones in Italy and the UK seem very high compared to MJ.
If anyone has any suggestions so MJ can do this, or if you know of a good quality, low cost service for call forwarding to international numbers, please let me know. Thanks!
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't you take your magicjack with you. As long as you have a internet connection, you should be able to use it the same. For example when we vacation, I take magic jack laptop and go. Get to hotel plug in and talk.
BrianScott2000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to take my MJ with me, but there are going to be many times where I will not have high speed internet access of any type, so I need to depend on a cell phone to get incoming calls, especially since my cell phone receives inbound calls for free in most of Europe.

I'm hoping someone knows of a good, but inexpensive international call forwarding company where I can have my MJ number forwarded to when I don't have MJ access.

Thanks!
kevin8629
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Jack has call forwarding built in. Can't you forward you calls to your cell phone? Am i mis understanding?
RisingJackForce
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked that once with their reps, they say its possible if you have some International minutes on your account, (I am just wondering do I need to type in the whole international number with 011)
anyway, I haven't tried it yet, if anyone succeed please post here. thanks
davesmith
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Call forward to cell in U.S to another country Reply with quote

If I bring magicjack with me to another country then call forward to my cell that is in the U.S.A to my magic jack number in the contry i am visting will magicjack ring in another country

Dave
crusader
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will not work. Because when you try to set the call fowarding number in the system, it will not except the extra numbers you need to dial an international number. So yes, you can call an international number, but you can't foward to an international number.
cdwaldron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Dave's question. If I understand you correctly, you want to forward calls from your cellphone in the USA to your MJ number and you wonder if your MJ will ring if you have taken it to a country other than the USA or Canada. The answer is yes. With a caveat. Sometimes call forwarding has a hiccup or two and doesn't work well. However, what you are describing should work.

I'm going to Scotland in a couple of weeks and am going to forward my home phone to my MJ. I hope it works.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoy may want to check out the rates for calling european cell phones. They are pretty steep. Another thing which puzzles me is the cell phone which receives calls for free in most of Europe. Normally, incoming calls are only free in the country where the cell phone is registered and anywhere else you pay international roaming rates.Vodafone has a plan feature called Passport which lets you make and receive calls for the home country rate on their networks abroad, however with a per call surcharge of around $ 1.20. Vodafone U.K. seems to have now a summer special for a few months with no per call surcharge.
Even direct cals to european cell phone from a land line have often hick ups, I would not rely on MJ call forwarding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: