magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying Bulk MJ Units for Resale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Buying Bulk MJ Units for Resale Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? I might be interested in buying a bulk quantity for resale. I see people doing this on ebay successfully and figured it's worth a shot. I read somewhere on here that there's a minimum quantity of 50, which is fine. Any info would be appreciated!
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same thing. Ebay, flea markets, or even the upcoming local and state fairs would be perfect opportunities. MagicJack is very specific on their terms for resellers. You can't do Ebay or online auctions at all. I find that interesting, but that's their terms. Go to the MagicJack website and they have their reseller terms posted there. Just search out how to be a reseller.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled from another site

Minimum 1000 units

Our resellers will be required to execute a standard and non-negotiable reseller agreement directly with magicJack LP. The reseller structure provides an opportunity to resell the magicJack™ device, only -- no commissions are paid under the reseller program. The reseller income earned from our program will be derived from the margin you build into the resale price of the magicJack™device. No additional products or offerings are available for resale at this time. As a contracted reseller, you will be required to order a minimum volume of 1,000 magicJacks, at a wholesale price based on the volume of units purchased. We will require 100% pre-payment for the magicJacks prior to our shipping them to you.

With the aforementioned in mind, we are interested in establishing a reseller arrangement if you're willing to agree to the following terms:

* Minimum order of 1,000 magicJacks at $30.00/unit. If you resell the magicJack™ for a price of $39.95 per unit, you will earn up to $9.95/unit. Additional price discounts will be offered for volume commitments of 5,000 units and 10,000+ units.
* 100% Pre-payment prior to shipment: $30,000 paid by wire transfer or certified check.
* Reseller may not sell the magicJack™ directly to any retailers.
* Reseller may not sell the magicJack™via online auction sites (i.e. eBay)
* No Direct Mail or Product Advertising can be produced by Reseller without prior written consent of magicJack LP.
* Independent Reseller website sales are prohibited without the prior written consent of magicJack LP.
* magicJack LP may reject Purchase Orders at any time and at it's own discretion.

In addition to those listed above, the magicJack LP Reseller agreement has terms and conditions that must be adhered to by our Reseller partners. magicJack LP may terminate the arrangement at any time and without notice.
mufon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term "non-negotiable" isn't in the business dictionary. It is however, listed as the number one reason business fails.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the real $$$ to be made will be in the advertising dollars. Also, I'm pretty sure Dan "The Man" Borislow will make a handsome profit based on a the resellers preferred price of a mere $30 per unit. Not that I begrudge him for it, but I don't think there's any real margin left for the reseller. One reporter's opinion.
lonestarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, he will also do well with all the international calls that will be made using MJ as well and I'm sure he will do well with all the advertising done on the SP.....with as many people that will/or are using MJ....I'm sure there are alot of companies that would jump on wanting to advertise their services on the MJ softphone.
Cybersys
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying Bulk MJ Units for Resale Reply with quote

tloe wrote:
Does anyone know how to go about doing this? I might be interested in buying a bulk quantity for resale. I see people doing this on ebay successfully and figured it's worth a shot. I read somewhere on here that there's a minimum quantity of 50, which is fine. Any info would be appreciated!

I believe that most of those eBay sellers are just selling off their own units.
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.. there are ebay sellers who obviously don't care about the reseller policy and I don't blame them. Several sellers are listing multiple auctions for the same thing, which I think qualifies as more than selling off their own unit. I checked into the website's info on this and only found a lame application to resell, no actual info of course. I'll probably just pass.
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that most of the ebay auctions were done by his brother. I'm sure there is a rogue here and there, but it seems as if they want to keep this all in the family.
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the sellers more closely, I did notice about 5 of them were selling in quantity, and 3 were located in Florida (home of the MJ), so I guess they are somehow connected to the company. I'm not sure about the other 2 but one was in Chicago and one in CA somewhere.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a few months ago there only used to be 2 sellers. On the reseller agreement it says that they can not sell it online like ebay or on there site. There was 1 guy on ebay who was allowed to sell them off on ebay, but all these other retards came in and are selling there magicjacks that are being resold illegally. That is my interpretation at least. OH and the guy who sold them legally on ebay was Dan's brother or something according to that ebayer.
Don't yell at the messenger!
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: