magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Delay at Beginning of Calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Audio Delay at Beginning of Calls Reply with quote

We recently installed MJ+. Call quality is acceptable, except for one thing: at the beginning of a call, the caller does not hear the first 2-3 seconds of the call. The missing audio occurs on calls made to and from the MagicJack. In other words, when I answer an incoming call, the caller does not hear me say "hello." When I call other people, I do not hear them say "hello."

I have spent many hours chatting with MJ tech support, most recently setting up port forwarding on our router, but that has not cured the problem. I have searched this board but find the search feature lacking in that the search returned pages and pages of irrelevant entries for this topic.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem? Any fix?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Merk
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Audio delay Reply with quote

I also experience this delay when first talking on the phone. You get no indication that a connection has occured and have to repeat Hello several times b4 the other party hears it. No cure that I have read about and I have played with the router settings a lot. I don't use the MJ+ connected through the computer, so don't know if that has a different result.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio delay Reply with quote

SailorDave wrote:
I also experience this delay when first talking on the phone. You get no indication that a connection has occured and have to repeat Hello several times b4 the other party hears it. No cure that I have read about and I have played with the router settings a lot. I don't use the MJ+ connected through the computer, so don't know if that has a different result.
You can try a different proxy server. Awhile ago I would try different servers and get better results with some than others. Try reading the MJ wiki http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack/Support_Resources/How-To it has some great advice on getting MJ audio to sound better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: