magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ata port problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: ata port problems Reply with quote

I got an RTP 300, I configed the PAP2 for magicjack...
funny thing is, when I port sniffed magic jack to figure out the voice ports, I only saw these ports being used...
UDP 5070 outgoing (for SIP reg and call negotiations)
UDP 5060 incoming (for SIP reg and call negotiations)
UDP 15858 for outgoing calls voice data (internal winsock port:49156 external port:15858)
UDP 16522 for incoming calls voice data (internal winsock port:49156 external port:16522)
problem is when I configure the RTP300 RTP Port Min/Max incoming/outgoing calls have no voice data.....
so... I configure the Min/Max to be 1 to 65535, and it works, but only sometimes.
I have also noticed, when it does not work, the router completely reboots the internal voice app (a small linux app that runs on the box)
any ideas anyone, does anyone know of any other ports being used? my sniffer only showed these ports.
magicman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, I figured it out, from what I can tell everything exceept udp 5060 and 5070 is outgoing UDP, I had my RTP300 router behind another router, and even though I had the ports forwarded, it seems the WRT54gs has a problem with dropping UDP packets, so sometimes my calls would get lost, it would corrupt my UDP packet on ocassion, the RTP300 got confused reading the malformed SIP info, and the Voice module would reboot. I put the RTP300 in front of the wrt54gs, and everything works fine now.
also to note, the magic jack software always prefers a specific port for voice data, where as most ATA's do not, they pick random ports. based on a range you enter., but if you make the range too narrow, and the SIP server tells your ATA to choose a port out of your specified range, your call will not complete. so set your range correctly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: