magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asterisk Box in the making ( Overkill )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davrow
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Me and the Acer are over the 3610 with 500GB HDD and 4 GIG's of memory gets shipped out tomorrow
Ack, are you saying you were unhappy with the Acer solution?

I have a 32G SSD coming with it, I planned on removing the hard drive to make it quieter and generate less heat.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davrow wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Me and the Acer are over the 3610 with 500GB HDD and 4 GIG's of memory gets shipped out tomorrow
Ack, are you saying you were unhappy with the Acer solution?

I have a 32G SSD coming with it, I planned on removing the hard drive to make it quieter and generate less heat.

Actually my Acer came from canada, Thats where you find the R3610 with 500GB HDD and 4GB of memory easy, It's a great machine. However like i said b4 my living room alone is 1500 SQ feet and have 4 HDTV's on swivels mounted on the walls here like a sports bar. Im into horse power etc, I do alot of video stuff like i get DVD's that are released for awards only and not for the public so i see movies 2 months b4 there in the movies etc. I make XviDs, MKV's etc. This box will be built in a Thermaquake HTPC box with two Pioneer BDR-206 Blu-Ray Burners etc, Actually it will out do 99.9% of home computers but built in a HTPC Box ( HomeTheatre PC ). It will kill for gaming or anything else i want to do. The Acer is fine but it will not do what this can, Actually im on the Acer now b4 i ship it out
davrow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
If I can get the money I know for a fact the dorphon (might be spelled wrong) works with asterisk and a ata or digium card.
I've been searching for an inexpensive solution. That is what Asterisk is all about.

These guys: http://www.voipalley.com.au/categories/VoIP-Door-Entry-Communicators-%26-Intercoms/ want more for the box to mount it in than I'm willing to pay for the entire solution! Laughing
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davrow wrote:
genxweb wrote:
If I can get the money I know for a fact the dorphon (might be spelled wrong) works with asterisk and a ata or digium card.
I've been searching for an inexpensive solution. That is what Asterisk is all about.

These guys: http://www.voipalley.com.au/categories/VoIP-Door-Entry-Communicators-%26-Intercoms/ want more for the box to mount it in than I'm willing to pay for the entire solution! Laughing

You can run Asterisks off a USB memory stick
davrow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Gashliquor, sorry... Michael and I threadjacked the thread and were talking about door intercom systems. We had gotten completely distracted away from Asterisk for the moment.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davrow wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Gashliquor, sorry... Michael and I threadjacked the thread and were talking about door intercom systems. We had gotten completely distracted away from Asterisk for the moment.

Thats ok, My intercom sysem here is like YES do i know you and if not u get a UZI in your puss Wink, Best intercom i ever had.

Note: One of the 4 HDTV's is a 24 hour monitor day or night vision or rain, If you make it past that and enter the home your dead without any questions asked. " Castle Doctrine". I even leave my garage open with a few Harleys in there showing and no one tried yet however garage has a sensor that lets off a alarm and you'd have to be a ant to defeat it. Love florida shall issue gun state, Screw NY and CA Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: