magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrgh, no PS2 connector on my t5700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lymon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Arrgh, no PS2 connector on my t5700 Reply with quote

I just got a hp t5700 which has no PS2 connector. I know that I can use a USB keyboard, but since I don't actually have the MJ device in hand yet, I'm not sure just how many USB ports it will cover, it looks kind of big. Plus the microphone and headphone jacks protrude a bit and I'm wondering if the MJ will fit flush against the case.

Do any of you nice folks also have a thin client w/o PS/2 which works ok with MJ, or should I start looking for a different thin client?

Thanks.
Davejb
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine didn't have a ps2 port either, as far as the MJ covering ports, I just used a short (12") USB extension cable, that way it didn't block any.
kenneth_v
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my MJ came with a 6" usb extension cable.
stroths

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t5700's have no ps/2 port while t5710 have 1 ps/2 port. I use a usb to ps/2 port adapter for my keyboard and mouse and it works fine. Takes up a single USB port.
lymon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you all for the info. I had been under the impression that the MJ had to be plugged into the actual pc w/o an extension cable, this is good news.
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroths wrote:
t5700's have no ps/2 port while t5710 have 1 ps/2 port. I use a usb to ps/2 port adapter for my keyboard and mouse and it works fine. Takes up a single USB port.

Yep, you can find ps/2 keyboard + mouse -> single USB adapters for < $10. Works great on Thin clients.
stroths

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are patient, you can get one HERE for $2.59 shipped from HK. Downside of this one is that it will probably block the USB port beside it unless you use a USB extension cable. My dollar store sells the usb extension cables or you can use the one that comes with the MJ.
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroths wrote:
If you are patient, you can get one HERE for $2.59 shipped from HK. Downside of this one is that it will probably block the USB port beside it unless you use a USB extension cable. My dollar store sells the usb extension cables or you can use the one that comes with the MJ.

Damn, you can buy USB extension cable at the Dollar Store??? LOL Laughing Technology has really arrived I guess.

PS: I like this one because you can fit other USB's around it. Obviously, the price can't touch yours. I have tested it on various HP Thin Clients and via KVM switch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: