magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using the new 1.9 GHZ DECT cordless Phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Anyone using the new 1.9 GHZ DECT cordless Phones Reply with quote

Now that the 5.8 and 6.0 GHZ DECT phones are being replaced by 1.9 GHZ DECT cordless phones anyone using any?, If so what brand and model Question

They claim this is the #1 cordless without a answering machine

The Panasonic KX-TG6512 earns top marks from experts and users for its excellent range, ease-of-use, voice clarity and reasonable price. DECT technology over the 1.9 GHz frequency assures no interference from household� appliances or WiFi networks. This set of two handsets (expandable up to six) includes essentials like call waiting and caller ID as well as the ability to block IDs from unwanted callers, eliminating any future calls. The KX-TG6512 also features a mode that reduces power consumption when the handset is operated near the base unit, extending battery life. This phone does not include an answering machine
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an older (+2 years) Uniden Dect 6.0 and I'm pretty darn certain it's a 1.9 GHz. What's the difference with the new ones?
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
I'm using an older (+2 years) Uniden Dect 6.0 and I'm pretty darn certain it's a 1.9 GHz. What's the difference with the new ones?

If it's 6.0 DECT it can't be a 1.9 GHZ Phone, 5.8 means it's a 5.8 GHZ phone and 6.0 means 6.0 GHZ phone, Those frequencys are line of site. For example wifi is around 2.5 GHZ and so is your microwave. A phone at 1.9 GHZ has less interference and is still line of site but will travel further. Frequencys also effect your audio etc, I.E. AM & FM Boroadcast Bands or Shortwave radio Exclamation

Last edited by gashliquor on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're right about that. I remember when I bought it, and was surprised that it was below the 2.4 ghz of my current cordless phone. The silly thing doesn't show me a model number and I can't find a spec on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm operating at 1.9 ghz.

Actually, I got it because I was using my MJ on a wireless network and it was conflicting with the 2.4 ghz phone I was using.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
I don't think you're right about that. I remember when I bought it, and was surprised that it was below the 2.4 ghz of my current cordless phone. The silly thing doesn't show me a model number and I can't find a spec on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm operating at 1.9 ghz.

Actually, I got it because I was using my MJ on a wireless network and it was conflicting with the 2.4 ghz phone I was using.

I am correct what i am saying, You can think as you wish but your 2yr phone or a little less or more then a 2yr cordless phone is not no 1.9 GHZ phone.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this from Wikipedia:

DECT was developed by ETSI but has since been adopted by many countries all over the world. The original DECT frequency band (1880 MHz�1900 MHz) is used in all countries in Europe. Outside Europe, it is used in most of Asia, Australia and South America. In the United States, the Federal Communications Commission in 2005 changed channelization and licensing costs in a nearby band (1920 MHz�1930 MHz, or 1.9 GHz), known as Unlicensed Personal Communications Services (UPCS), allowing DECT devices to be sold in the U.S. with only minimal changes. These channels are reserved exclusively for voice communication applications and therefore are less likely to experience interference from other wireless devices such as baby monitors and wireless networks.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got no dog in this fight. Think what you want.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
I just got this from Wikipedia:

DECT was developed by ETSI but has since been adopted by many countries all over the world. The original DECT frequency band (1880 MHz�1900 MHz) is used in all countries in Europe. Outside Europe, it is used in most of Asia, Australia and South America. In the United States, the Federal Communications Commission in 2005 changed channelization and licensing costs in a nearby band (1920 MHz�1930 MHz, or 1.9 GHz), known as Unlicensed Personal Communications Services (UPCS), allowing DECT devices to be sold in the U.S. with only minimal changes. These channels are reserved exclusively for voice communication applications and therefore are less likely to experience interference from other wireless devices such as baby monitors and wireless networks.

2 yr's ago or a tad less im almost 99.9% sure there were no 1.9 GHZ phones out. Maybe 5.8 etc and way b4 that 900 mhz, Whats the model number to that cordless?

Last edited by gashliquor on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
Okay

Whats the model number of that phone?
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They recently allocated 1.9 GHz band is reserved for use by phones that use the DECT standard, which should avoid interference issues that are increasingly being seen in the unlicensed 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.8 GHz bands.

Many cordless phones in the early 21st century are digital. Digital technology has helped provide clear sound and limit eavesdropping. Many cordless phones have one main base station and can add up to 3 or 4 additional bases. This allows for multiple voice paths that allow 3-way conference calls between the bases. This technology also allows multiple handsets to be used at the same time and up to 2 handsets can have an outside conversation.

This is telling me then that DECT 6.0 can be 1.9 GHZ phones, I don't think DECT 6.0 has been around more then 2+ years but i can be wrong, What also makes sense is they would not make 5.8 GHZ and then just jump to 6.0 GHZ because there would not be any advantage with .2 GHZ

Last edited by gashliquor on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
neo2121

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:

same one I use
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I know nothing about this but here is what I have to say. I have a Panasonic Dect 6.0 here Model # KX-TGA101S and according to an article that I read from a link from gashliquor, my phone is one of these 1.9Ghz phones. I have had this phone now for like 3 or so years, and just so you know, it sounds awful with the MJ. I was thinking about trying it with the NT Duo when it gets here. Speaking of which how long did it take anyone else to receive theirs? just curious. back to the phone.... I used that Panasonic on my landline from Verizon and it sounded great, but with the MJ, not so much. Its has static, clicking, cuts out, and perhaps what you all refer to as hissing. So I don't like it on the MJ at all. but hey, thats my opinion.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, DECT 6.0 is 1.9GHZ.

My waterproof OVER 2 yr old Uniden ( yellow and black) cordless is Dect 6.0...
I don't use it on my MJ. I use it on my "dry loop" DSL landline ( only incoming calls) and I use a 5.8 GHZ Motorola for my MJ...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whats the model number of that phone?

It has two handsets with a base unit and a charger, and I'll be dipped if I can find a model number on the darned thing. The only thing it says is Uniden and DECT 6.0. The reason I bought it at time is because I was playing with my MJ on with a wireless laptop connection and it kept dropping the connection. One of the clever folks on the forum suggested the DECT 6.0 as fix because the 1.9 GHz wouldn't conflict with the 2.4 GHz of wireless.

At any rate, it's worked great for me. I just replaced the batteries and I've never had any problems with interference endemic to the early model cordless phones.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
ok, I know nothing about this but here is what I have to say. I have a Panasonic Dect 6.0 here Model # KX-TGA101S and according to an article that I read from a link from gashliquor, my phone is one of these 1.9Ghz phones. I have had this phone now for like 3 or so years, and just so you know, it sounds awful with the MJ. I was thinking about trying it with the NT Duo when it gets here. Speaking of which how long did it take anyone else to receive theirs? just curious. back to the phone.... I used that Panasonic on my landline from Verizon and it sounded great, but with the MJ, not so much. Its has static, clicking, cuts out, and perhaps what you all refer to as hissing. So I don't like it on the MJ at all. but hey, thats my opinion.

This has nothing to do with your post but without saying WHO WHAT AND WHY I KNOW two ppl that the NT took a shit buy running it USB style that they have to have it replaced. Mine works fine but i don't run USB anything. And those posting SIP info about the NT Duo the same as the TK6000 your DREAMING and that i will keep to myself also. Wink
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

This has nothing to do with your post but without saying WHO WHAT AND WHY I KNOW two ppl that the NT took a shit buy running it USB style that they have to have it replaced. Mine works fine but i don't run USB anything. And those posting SIP info about the NT Duo the same as the TK6000 your DREAMING and that i will keep to myself also. Wink

well, in regards to your post that had nothing to do with my post. I have no intention on running the NT Duo USB style. That is one of the main purposes of buying the NT, was that I did not have to hook it to my computer and so if I needed to reboot or shut down, I could and I would still be able to make and receive calls. You can't imagine how many times I have had people tell me that they tried calling me and it went straight to voicemail, why's that? oh because I had to restart my computer because windows did an update, or I had to install or uninstall something, and mind you there are times I am told that these calls went straight to voicemail, but some of them never show up in my emails, and others take quite some time to show up. Another was that I was hoping by running the NT thru the router, the call quality would improve! So all in all I hope purchasing the NT Duo will solve quite a few of my problems here that I do encounter with MJ. Wink
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

well, in regards to your post that had nothing to do with my post. I have no intention on running the NT Duo USB style. That is one of the main purposes of buying the NT, was that I did not have to hook it to my computer and so if I needed to reboot or shut down, I could and I would still be able to make and receive calls. You can't imagine how many times I have had people tell me that they tried calling me and it went straight to voicemail, why's that? oh because I had to restart my computer because windows did an update, or I had to install or uninstall something, and mind you there are times I am told that these calls went straight to voicemail, but some of them never show up in my emails, and others take quite some time to show up. Another was that I was hoping by running the NT thru the router, the call quality would improve! So all in all I hope purchasing the NT Duo will solve quite a few of my problems here that I do encounter with MJ. Wink

The NT will surpass the MJ for your use, Im into it for other reasons. Back to the phones the Unidens phones i think had problems with the CID with MJ, Im not 100% sure but then again nothing that a 100 ohm resistor could'nt fix. The question still is what phone will make the Audio sound like audio with the NT. IMO even my AT&T i use on MJ and Ooma blows on the NT. I know two different models of AT&T's suck with the NT. Don't get me wrong the audio is clear and does not break up but a little on the low side. Plus i hope there is'nt a bad batch of NT's being shipped as i know two ppl in two different states waiting for a replacement and while im at it i went thru 3 Ooma Telo handsets b4 i got one that was perfect!. And NT's replacement sucks you'll wait two weeks at min. Plus there Tech Support are dot head ( India ) not U.S. Reps, I smell the curry Laughing
Nugrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

The NT will surpass the MJ for your use, Im into it for other reasons. Back to the phones the Unidens phones i think had problems with the CID with MJ, Im not 100% sure but then again nothing that a 100 ohm resistor could'nt fix. The question still is what phone will make the Audio sound like audio with the NT. IMO even my AT&T i use on MJ and Ooma blows on the NT. I know two different models of AT&T's suck with the NT. Don't get me wrong the audio is clear and does not break up but a little on the low side. Plus i hope there is'nt a bad batch of NT's being shipped as i know two ppl in two different states waiting for a replacement and while im at it i went thru 3 Ooma Telo handsets b4 i got one that was perfect!. And NT's replacement sucks you'll wait two weeks at min. Plus there Tech Support are dot head ( India ) not U.S. Reps.

ok, I have the panasonic dect 6.0 1.9Ghz phone, and that is the one I said is not great with the MJ and yes, you are right the CID does not work with the MJ even with MF's installed. I did have to use the 100 ohm resistor trick, but get this, I now have that same phone attached to my second MJ here, but I changed the configuration. I have the MJ running into my printer/fax, and then out to the phone, and guess what, my CID works now on that panasonic without the 100 ohm resistor. Wink

sidebar: you don't suppose that's why NT is offering these 50% off coupon codes? to get rid of some bad ones quick? Rolling Eyes I hope not, because I ordered one! Shocked
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidebar reply............... Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
If they did that then they would have said 50% off AS IS with no warranty implied. I mean they have to make good on any bad ones, so it would seem counterintuitive for them to sell bad ones on purpose..
UNLESS they are reselling MJ's.... JUST KIDDING Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikita1960
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: question re cordless phones with extra handsets? Reply with quote

any info re using MJ with a phone with extra handsets?
Thanks!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: question re cordless phones with extra handsets? Reply with quote

nikita1960 wrote:
any info re using MJ with a phone with extra handsets?
Thanks!

I already replied to you elsewhere, your first post on the same subject..

Works just fine with a base unit connected to the MJ and several cordless phones around the house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: