magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone seen the Commercial for the Peanut Jack - No Joke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solderman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Anyone seen the Commercial for the Peanut Jack - No Joke Reply with quote

I am not kidding.
I just seen a commercial for a Peanut Jack.
It looks just like a magicJack, but it's yellow in color and the shape of a peanut.
Plugs into the usb and you plug a phone into it just like a magicjack.
$20.00 to get the Peanut Jack and pay $2.00 a month for the service.

I thought magicJack had Patents on this device.

I seen on the commercial peanutjack.com
But when I typed in http://www.peanutjack.com
All I got was a Godaddy park page.

[s:c932385048]Edit: I found a link with the peanutjack ad on it.
Here it is http://www.rolluppianoman.com/
[/s:c932385048]

Edit again:
It must be the lousyest ad campaign ever.
I only seen the commercial once back in June, and you can't find it for sale anywhere.
I'm wondering if peanutjack got discontinued and the commercial was shown on MSNBC by mistake.
The ad was pulled from peanutjack.com and rolluppianoman.com

I had a feeling the ad would not be up for long, so I took some screen shots of it.
Click on each image for a bigger view.

Here is the Order Form they were using for the peanutjack.

I checked Google and a couple other search engines and found an indication that there was a site up for peanutjack.com and was crawled.
Check the links below

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-40,GGLG:en&q=peanutjack

http://www.altavista.com/web/results?q=link%3Ahttp://www.peanutjack.com&pg=q&avkw=rf

https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=http://www.peanutjack.com

At this time it don't appear that any other sites are linking to this site.

The domain was created on May 21st, 2008 and is listed in the name of

The International Edge
79 Two Bridges Rd.
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004

Last edited by solderman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:17 am; edited 2 times in total
lymon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeet! A web site even worse than MJs, where do I send my money??
edwardk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the site is down... I would love to see that device... A peanut.... what's next... DogPoop Jack? Looks like dog poop but works like a phone.
victrola
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or doesn't
dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure what is going on with peanutjack.com but when you type in peanutjack.net it points to magicjack website..

perhaps same company diffrent spin on things?????/
solderman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a godaddy park page on peanutjack.com

rolluppianoman.com is registered to:

Telebrands Telebrands
One Telebrands Plaza

Now can anyone figure out if this is done with magicjack's permission, or is it a copycat (another company)?

Last edited by solderman on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
lymon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solderman wrote:
I found it.

But I done some more searching and found an ad for the peanutjack on this site.
http://www.rolluppianoman.com/

It is registered to:
Telebrands Telebrands
One Telebrands Plaza

Now can anyone figure out if this is done with magicjack's permission, or is it a copycat (another company)?

Weird! The bottom line of the ad kind of makes you wonder,

"This device has not yet been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained"

If I was Dan, I would sure have my attorneys going after them for trademark infringement, at least. Dunno about the technology, there are similar functioning devices.
taflocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks just like a m/j with a peanut shell... they do have pull downs for all the provincess in canada so they may have canadian numbers?
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a private labeled magicJack. I remember MJ was trying the monthly approach on www.phonejack.com so this is most likely a spinoff of that program but marketed by Telebrands. For some reason MJ hired a 1990's infomercial sales guy instead of working a more effective viral/social networking campaign. They are probably selling a bunch of these things to grannies who can't sleep.
dildog
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone seen the Commercial for the Peanut Jack - No Joke Reply with quote

solderman wrote:

I thought magicJack had Patents on this device.

It is a bit difficult to get a patent on something you buy from another company, and then re-brand with your own label. Anyone can create their very own *Jack brand, and call themselves an Inventor just like Dan Borislow did. Just go to the TigerJet website and place an order or have their sales rep contact you.

BTW, don't forget to buy a couple of small mutts for your kids, and name them after your product. Then you can really be just like Dan.
taflocks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear the Nevada brothel owners association is going to license their own brand and call it the Surprised "penis jack' Surprised use your imagination to what kind of housing they will use. Laughing Laughing Laughing
taflocks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i called telebrands and they told me i could order one for 50 bucks.....she said they were working on the website.
rbbiggs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: MJ technology Reply with quote

lymon wrote:
solderman wrote:
I found it.

But I done some more searching and found an ad for the peanutjack on this site.
http://www.rolluppianoman.com/

It is registered to:
Telebrands Telebrands
One Telebrands Plaza

Weird! The bottom line of the ad kind of makes you wonder,

"This device has not yet been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained"

If I was Dan, I would sure have my attorneys going after them for trademark infringement, at least. Dunno about the technology, there are similar functioning devices.

Magic Jack doesn't own the technology, I believe this company does. http://www.tjnet.com/ This is the MJ chipset
tloe
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While anyone can purchase branded TigetJet USB phone devices, you still need a network of call servers to make it work; just having the device isn't enough. PeanutJack doesn't seem to list any info on their network or how it routes calls, so I would be very reticent to purchase one even if claims were made that it was somehow better than a MJ.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Peanut Jack remnants Reply with quote

This is from what's left of the peanutjack.com website:

"Telebrands has made a decision not to market or sell the Peanut JackTM product as shown in its June 2008 advertisements. The MagicJack� product has features that were not advertised as available for the Peanut JackTM product. To the best of Telebrands' knowledge, these features are not available in products currently being sold in the marketplace."

The way it's written, they make it sound like the Peanut JackTM couldn't compete with the features advertised for the Magic Jack, but that the Magic Jack doesn't actually have the features that it advertises?

Or are they saying that "We were duped by Magic Jack. We thought we were licensing the full MJ technology, but it turns out we're not getting the full feature set that is available to MJ, and therefore we are cancelling the project. Oh by the way, we don't think MJ is going to provide what they're promising, either. Shh."

This link is still active (though not viewable from the main page): http://www.peanutjack.com/contactus.html

I called the number and asked to buy a Peanut Jack. The lady never heard of it. She gave me another number for their corporate office ("who may be handling those sales"): 973-227-8777. Unfortunately, their business hours were over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: