magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know how to change MJ login password after rebooting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alma.butterfield
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to change MJ login password after rebooting? Reply with quote

I had to reboot my computer (Windows XP SP 2) and after the MJ software reloaded & the log-in screen appeared I put in my e-mail address and password and my e-mail address turned red and I got a message saying something like my e-mail was wrong or could not authenticate...you get the idea. I clicked the e-mail my password hyperlink and a popup box cam up and said that my password would be sent to my e-mail address (& told me the e-mail address which was what I typed in). I checked my e-mail and it gave me a password that I don't recall seeing before. I copied & pasted in the password and was up and running. I want to change the password to something that I know I will remember. Anyone have a clue? Other than this issue I love my MJ. It skips and stutters a little but nothing worth getting upset about.

Thanks.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know how to change MJ login password after reboot Reply with quote

Alma.butterfield wrote:
I had to reboot my computer (Windows XP SP 2) and after the MJ software reloaded & the log-in screen appeared I put in my e-mail address and password and my e-mail address turned red and I got a message saying something like my e-mail was wrong or could not authenticate...you get the idea. I clicked the e-mail my password hyperlink and a popup box cam up and said that my password would be sent to my e-mail address (& told me the e-mail address which was what I typed in). I checked my e-mail and it gave me a password that I don't recall seeing before. I copied & pasted in the password and was up and running. I want to change the password to something that I know I will remember. Anyone have a clue? Other than this issue I love my MJ. It skips and stutters a little but nothing worth getting upset about.

Thanks.

Only thing I can suggest, sadly, is to contact MJ online chat support. Maybe they can change your PW to something you want. Just odd it was changed in the first place. I wonder if the major update they had and major database update has anything to do with it?

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alma.butterfield
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe. I went back and rechecked the initial registration confirmation e-mail. It is the same, but still the same issue exists. I want a password that I can actually remember. I have read horror stories about support. I think I would rather keep the email. Oh well, I guess we can't have everything.
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my password early on. I believe you can log into my.magicjack.com, click on the My Account tab, and you'll see a little spiel about clicking on your email address below to change your password. Worth a try.
Alma.butterfield
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: It worked!!! Reply with quote

Thank you Tom. It worked. I changed my password and very reluctantly signed out then signed back in using my new password- one that I know I will remember. YEA!!!!!
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal! You're welcome, Alma.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: