magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any topic asking for sip Details or How to configure ATA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the moderators of this site censor/delete posts?
Yes
23%
 23%  [ 14 ]
No
61%
 61%  [ 37 ]
depends
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 60

kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Any topic asking for sip Details or How to configure ATA Reply with quote

Moderators,
Please refrain peole from posting details like how to configure ATA or how to get SIP credentials
This will help our forum to live long otherwise every tom dick and harry will ask for the sip details...
So please help each other to clean the threads.
Thanks
Sarath
G�nter H�hn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Any topic asking for sip Details or How to configure ATA Reply with quote

kingfisher1111 wrote:
Moderators,
Please refrain peole from posting details like how to configure ATA or how to get SIP credentials
This will help our forum to live long otherwise every tom dick and harry will ask for the sip details...
Thanks
Sarath

So, you are suggesting the mods start censoring/deleting posts in order for this forum to live long? I tend to think that if mods start deleting posts, the forum would die.

Does anyone know what country this forum is hosted in? Or should I say, do we have the freedom to speak freely here, or will people like this poster continue to push for censorship?

G�nter
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Any topic asking for sip Details or How to configure ATA Reply with quote

G�nter H�hn wrote:
kingfisher1111 wrote:
Moderators,
Thanks
Sarath

So, you are suggesting the mods start censoring/deleting posts in order for this forum to live long? I tend to think that if mods start deleting posts, the forum would die.

Does anyone know what country this forum is hosted in? Or should I say, do we have the freedom to speak freely here, or will people like this poster continue to push for censorship?

G�nter

P.S. This guy is still helping people to get their sip info.

They do delete posts... Just the ones they feel like deleting... so, if they feel like deleting your post, they will.
gnimsh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back then, at least. You know, 25 years ago...when hogan's heroes was on.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Any topic asking for sip Details or How to configure ATA Reply with quote

kingfisher1111 wrote:
Moderators,
Thanks
Sarath

The very reason for our Forum is to help people with magicJack. The former official Forum shutdown and left everyone in the dark. I'm against having a bunch of Forum Rules!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a limit in helping.If it becomes public MJ company will start hiding its sip details in other ways and no one will enjoy .So let this forum be limited to private..
boldm28
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingfisher1111 wrote:
There is a limit in helping.If it becomes public MJ company will start hiding its sip details in other ways and no one will enjoy .So let this forum be limited to private..

It defeats the purpose of having a forum and there are no gurantee that MJ wont change the username password , what happens then
kingfisher
gooney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingfisher1111 wrote:

How did you find your creds? Did someone on here help you, or did you find it yourself?

boldm28 wrote:
kingfisher1111 wrote:

It defeats the purpose of having a forum and there are no gurantee that MJ wont change the username password , what happens then
kingfisher

It is hard to find an online forum with no rules Cool
MagicHack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingfisher1111 wrote:

I think that censorship by the moderators is a *** * **** ****. * **** *********, **** ** *** *******?
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooney wrote:
kingfisher1111 wrote:

How did you find your creds? Did someone on here help you, or did you find it yourself?

You are not genius nor am I .You should have found the sip credentials by asking our friends.
what I mean to say is instead of some one posting the topic publicly why can';t they manage privately.Understood?
boldm28 wrote:
kingfisher1111 wrote:

kingfisher

It is hard to find an online forum with no rules Cool

See alrady they closed most of the techniques we used early like cain and other tools .So if they come to know the techniques some one using in this forum they will close that too and everyone will have odd faces
mufon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going to have the voting option "depends" should you not also have "attends" as well as other competitive products?
gooney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a page online that shows you how to get your MJ creds without any hacking tools in less then a minute... I was surprise how easy it was to get it. If you use the right search engine and the right searching text, you will find it. The server blocks the google spider, so google is out.
mufon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sip credentials are always going to be just a few keystrokes away by virtue of necessity. It's kind of ludicrous that it would even be a topic of discussion anyway, when you think about it logically.

When a company intentionally hides account information on your computer, for you to access your account but yet not allowing you to know the credentials used to access said account, then that becomes an irresistible reason for further exploration. And when you go digging for gold, there is the risk of unearthing a corpse. Think about it!
SpamBox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mufon wrote:
Your sip credentials are always going to be just a few keystrokes away by virtue of necessity. It's kind of ludicrous that it would even be a topic of discussion anyway, when you think about it logically.

When a company intentionally hides account information on your computer, for you to access your account but yet not allowing you to know the credentials used to access said account, then that becomes an irresistible reason for further exploration. And when you go digging for gold, there is the risk of unearthing a corpse. Think about it!

Great insight!

Still love your sig.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they really still need more aluminum foil in Stephenville, TX? Cool
mufon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikeMagic wrote:
Do they really still need more aluminum foil in Stephenville, TX? Cool

We will never have enough foil, but thanks for asking because I need to remind everyone that has been faxing their donation, please check your fax machine before faxing. We are getting more paper than foil.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i have not been here in a long time... but anyway... i dont get the whole foil thing.....

Ill update my ass over the weekend... so many freaking tests these days.... just wanted to show that i am still allive
peace out
kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mufon

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
damn, i have not been here in a long time... but anyway... i dont get the whole foil thing.....

Ill update my ass over the weekend... so many freaking tests these days.... just wanted to show that i am still allive
peace out
kumar

We need foil to line the inside of our ten-gallon hats so E.T. can't read our brain-waves.
norml jack

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mufon, somehow I cannot even begin to imagine you in a ten-gallon hat! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: