magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Compatible Voicemail Software -w- Mailbox Menu System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnABudget
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Any Compatible Voicemail Software -w- Mailbox Menu System Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend third party software that works with MJ, and allows you to setup a custom voicemail system that features multiple mailboxes. For instance, you call and it announces push 1 for .... or 2 for... not looking for forwarding, just multiple seperate voicemail boxes that are selected by caller.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some answering machine which do exactly that. As far as 3rd party sofftware, VERY doubtful..Will someone come up with one? One never knows...Sounds like it would be popular. BUT since the MJ voicemail is on the MJ server, I can't see how. But then what the heck do I know as I was blown away by peanut butter AND jam in the same jar swirled together Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
norml jack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the old school answering machine. I like walking in the door to see the blinky light. Press a button and hear your messages. Simplicity is often more.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ydkjman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a solution to the voice mail situation and not knowing if you have one or not. I use my gmail account for this. I go in and create a filter and set it up that when I receive the email that you get from Magic Jack from this address [email protected] I have it set to forward to my cell phone. Since I'm on Verizon it's [email protected] It comes through with the text as well as the actual sound file. When I open up the text it play's the recording right there. If I wanted to call back the person cause it has the call back phone number I just hit send and choose their number.

So no mater where I'm at I get my voice mails.
Hydroace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Just found this Reply with quote

I haven't tried it, but you may find the voice mail system at https://gr8rtechnology.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/virtual-voicemail-for-magic-jack-customers/ useful (no affiliation). It's $15 or $20 per month, but if you're trying to run a small business...

Then again, if you're trying to run a small business, you need to be concerned with magicJack's Terms of Service. Keep your head down & stay under their radar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: