magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alright, Dan. It's May. Where is this damn thing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Alright, Dan. It's May. Where is this damn thing? Reply with quote

You would think they would ramp up the publicity, even if it wasn't going to hit the street until the end of the month. Have they even released a picture of it yet?

Net Talk is kicking your ass, Danny boy. They already got a picture of their TV box prototype circulating already (though I'm still not sure exactly how that thing is supposed to work)
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright, Dan. It's May. Where is this damn thing? Reply with quote

nostrodamus wrote:
You would think they would ramp up the publicity, even if it wasn't going to hit the street until the end of the month. Have they even released a picture of it yet?

Net Talk is kicking your ass, Danny boy. They already got a picture of their TV box prototype circulating already (though I'm still not sure exactly how that thing is supposed to work)

It's coming, maybe. As with all things MJ, patience is required. Look at the link on amigo_boy's last post. It is now estimated in June, but who knows. If you read the article, and if does what it is promising, Dan has little to fear from NetTalk. But again, as with all things MJ, "IF" is the operative word.

amigo-boy's post:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25293702-magicJack-qPlusq-ATA-re-confirmed-for-Q1~start=20#end

The link in his post:
http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=219931
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff.

It actually sounds pretty cool, tempered with the big "IF," you already mentioned.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
Interesting stuff.

It actually sounds pretty cool, tempered with the big "IF," you already mentioned.

As we all well know, he always has big plans, but "maybe" "eventually" offering High Speed internet and phone for less than $90 has my interest. I'm sure he won't have any unreasonable limits on usage. Cool
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June is fine, I guess. But if Dan wants me to buy one, he had better deliver it before the end of July. Because my current Magic Jack "expires" the first of August, and I will not be renewing it, considering it has been collecting dust in a drawer for several months now. The USB model just ain't working for me anymore, and any alternative methods (which I will officially deny ever employing, for the benefit of any lurking VocalTec employees) are no longer possible.

I don't expect to get a credit for the 7 or 8 months that I didn't use on the current model, but I sure as Hell won't be renewing either. I'd love to have one functional phone line again, as opposed to incoming calls through Sipgate/outgoing through Whistle. And yeah, I know there are other VOIP options out there, just don't feel like paying for them when I already paid MagicJack for a year in advance.

What can I say, I'm a former SunRocket subscriber and got burned badly when they went tits up. At least the money I lost to MJ has been considerably less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: