magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a little question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pett1921
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: a little question Reply with quote

Hi I have a small question about thin clients and thin clients magicjack I've seen use Windows XP Embedded and my question is whether the magicjack function like a normal computer and which of the following I use thin clients:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Compaq-Evo-Thin-Client-T30-Terminal-300-MHz-/270646181128?pt=COMP_EN_Workstations&hash=item3f03c4fd08

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-7-WYSE-Winterm-Thin-Client-Terminals-WT3125SE-/150503041435?pt=COMP_EN_Workstations&hash=item230aae299b

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Compaq-t5510-Thin-Client-800-MHz-32-64-MB-CENET-CE-/170548807805?pt=COMP_EN_Workstations&hash=item27b580487d

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Computer-Compaq-t5000-Thin-Client-t5710-/320599687244?pt=COMP_EN_Workstations&hash=item4aa53b004c
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, asking some one else to research for you all the specs and tech on the four links attached is a very large question to be asking. Especially when all the information you need for your own decision is in the first two stickies of this thread.
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first three are either too slow or run winCE (or both).

the T5710 may work, but I think people are finding that 256ROM is not enough to handle the latest MJ updates. You'll need to search around in this forum about that.

For the price they have it listed, you might as well buy a TC that is pre-configured if you are not well versed in the specs and methodologies to get a TC to run MJ (unless you are just bored and like a challenge!).

You can find a preconfigured T5710 256/512 for $90 shipped easily. this is pretty much the starting price point right now on ebay. You'll probably end up spending $70 on parts, plus the time and effort.

EDIT: Scrap the T5710 - it has a 800mhz transmeta processor (VLWI).. For MJ stick to Via processors (native x86) for better mhz/performance. If you buy one with a transmeta, it should be 1ghz or above

I know someone will chime in and say it will still work, but if you/re spending $90, might as well spend $100, etc..
pett1921
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lost a good auction for a HP t5710 but got another hp t5720 haha how good it is and that I can put

pd: my english is very bad this is for the translate of google i speak spanish im from colombia Razz
edit:this can be put ide hard drive because I have a 40GB 2.5-inch from an old notebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: