magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 way call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RR
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: 3 way call Reply with quote

Hi,

Does MJ support a 3 way call? If yes, how to start the 3 way call? It seems to put one call as 'operational' and the other one on 'hold' Sad

Thanks in advance
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come one peoples look through the site Laughing Here it is anyways

Code:
Does magicJack support three-way calling?
Yes, magicJack supports 3-way (conference) calling.

Calls must be incoming.

When you have two incoming calls (one on hold), press ## to start a three-way call. Press #* to end the three-way call.
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Does the other party need to have a magicJack too?
No, the other party (either the person calling you, or the person you are calling) does not need magicJack. They can use a regular telephone or cell phone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RR
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kumar. Looking for a tip to initiate a 3 way call (originate both calls at my end) - if that is feasible... Laughing
SpamBox
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now it's supposedly only works on two incoming calls, but i still haven't been able to get that to work.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases 3 way calls need to be initiated by me. I'm talking to someone and we need to pickup a third person.

Still not available with MJ?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, they have to call you first. Then you can combine the calls
Peace
Kumar

p.s What about freeconfrencecall.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.FreeConferenceCall.com and www.HighSpeedConferencing.com/classic are great services, but there again the other people have to initiate the calls. The area of 3 way calling is one area where MJ is not nearly as good as my regular phone service (3 way to any 2 others) or Skype which allows 9 people to talk with a combination of internet and regular phone.

Anyone from MJ care to talk about MJ plans for 3 way or more calling? Might even be possible to do an add on.
jefowe01
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Conference Calling Reply with quote

Mike at Ymax says that outbound conference calling is not on their short term roadmap. Too bad
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what is on the road map? 3 way calling is important.
Empress_Imani
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem that I seem to have with the 3-way calling is that when I'm on the phone and someone calls, I press flash and both callers are automatically in a 3-way call... when I just want to place the first caller on hold to answer the 2nd call... the flash button is basically useless on my cordless phone. I can only get the call waiting function to work properly when I access it from the MJ's softphone... Mad
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, it seems MJ call-waiting is turning into 3-way call now. MJ may call this a "feature" instead of a bug Cool Laughing
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a choice, I'd much rather have 3 way calling than call waiting. However, to be useful I with the MJ have to be able to initiate the calls. 3 way calling with MJ initiation used to not be possible - has this changed?

Last edited by Denver Dave on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bendle
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empress_Imani wrote:
The only problem that I seem to have with the 3-way calling is that when I'm on the phone and someone calls, I press flash and both callers are automatically in a 3-way call... when I just want to place the first caller on hold to answer the 2nd call... the flash button is basically useless on my cordless phone. I can only get the call waiting function to work properly when I access it from the MJ's softphone... Mad

Are you using GrandCentral?

I have the almost the same experience, but its ONLY when receiving calls on my MJ via GC. If someone calls my direct MJ number, and then a second caller calls in direct to my MJ number and DOES NOT use GC then the call waiting feature works fine. Its when either call originates via GC that the callers are joined together and they can both hear me and I can hear both of them. An interesting note is they cannot hear each other!

too much mixing of VOIP technologies is my guess....
Empress_Imani
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yes they can not hear one another that is crazy... but no it's just through my mj.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: