magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$25 Google Voice Phone Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: $25 Google Voice Phone Adapter Reply with quote

The 2nd generation version of the GVMate Phone Adapter with Google Voice is now available with a sleek new modern design.

It is now available for just $25 including the GVMateApp from GVMate.com, Amazon.com, Buy.com and other major online retailers.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity- why is GV mate adapter more expensive than the GV mate phone?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply different underlying hardware component cost structures.
RodBsr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one of these and I have a question before I install it.

when I buy a new computer will there be any problem with me transferring the gizmo and software from my old computer to the new computer?

How will I do that exactly?

thank you!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. It is no problem at all.

You are free to install and move it to or between as many computers as you want.

Just install it following the same instructions you used to install it on the 1st computer located here http://download.gvmate.com .

For other support and general questions, a complete Product Support Center for the GVMate is available at http://support.gvmate.com .
RodBsr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You!

I will probably use this for about a month then check back in with a review.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the setup instructions, you will want to set up a separate new Gmail account that is dedicated for use with the GVMate for phone calls.

This keeps voice mail housekeeping straight forward and it also means you can use any existing Gmail account you use for email as you normally do from any location without interfering with your phone service.

Google Voice provides the following facility http://support.google.com/voice/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1378507&page=ts.cs to transfer your existing Google Voice phone number as needed to a new Gmail account you have set up just for phone calls.
RodBsr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... I set up an account just for this.
RodBsr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated it's been about a month and here are my thoughts about the GVJack and software.

Bottom line... for just $25 one time for everything... you just can't go wrong! My MagicJack is good through Feb, 2014 but I've already taken it off my computer and put it in a drawer. I may give it to one of my kids and they can pay to renew it if they like it but I've actually told them already that THIS is the way to go.

The nice part is if you have a laptop and want to take a phone with you where ever you go they also have their own phone that is both the phone and gizmo and it's small enough you could have something other than your cell phone with you along with your laptop... which is what one of my sons is looking at.

The GVJack is just so much better than MagicJack since it comes with the software and works with a google voice number... and no crazy restrictions!

I'm not a techie but the set up was easy and clear/straight forward so I had no problem at all. I started with an old phone just to make sure it was going to work but I then bought a new $25 desk phone to use with it.

So far so good! Calls are clear... all features work and nobody knows I'm NOT using a landline. With my MagicJack I had some people complain about the quality of the calls but they have no complaints when I'm using the GVJack.

Cheaper and better than MagicJack! I highly recommend the GVJack!
RodBsr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry... called it GVJack but it's the GVMate!!! again...sorry!!!
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RodBsr wrote:
I had some people complain about the quality of the calls but they have no complaints when I'm using the GVJack.

Cheaper and better than MagicJack! I highly recommend the GVJack!

There are many ways to use Google Voice for outgoing calls. This is one of them. The bottom line is the simple truth you just said and which some people do not want to see- it's free and far better than MJ! Enjoy.May be this will be your first step to explore the world of VOIP. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: