magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Windows 7 64 bit drivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Relict
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Windows 7 64 bit drivers Reply with quote

Short Story: I think I need the Windows 7 64 bit drivers for magicjack.

Long Story: I haven't been able to get MagicJack working after I rebuilt my computer about a month ago. I tried formatting and reinstalling the MagicJack usb, but that just messed things up more. My computer tells me it can't find the correct driver when I plug MagicJack in. I've tried running mjremover and usbscrub to no avail. I've downloaded a few different versions of upgrade.exe. The latest version just bumps me straight into the "Lucky you..." screen. I don't feel very lucky about that. Version 180 will at least open the MagicJack splash before forcing an upgrade on me and telling me I'm lucky for three or four hours until I get sick of the stupid thing hogging the middle of my screen and force close it. I get similar results with magicjacksetup.exe. When I try clicking links to download the drivers I need, I get redirected to the main page of the website where I'm forced to watch a video of the inventor's kids talking about their pets. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit SP1. MagicJack is plugged into a USB 2.0 port. I'm so upset I'm eating waffles in the afternoon, and have a strange craving to read some Franz Kafka. Someone, please, help me!
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may try to unplug your MJ then delete all the MJ and upgrade icons on your desktop and uninstall the MJ program from your Control Panel. Once done, plug in the device then,

Go to "My Computer". From the menu bar go to "Tools" and select "Folder Options". In there click on the "View" tab and make sure the option "Show hidden files and folders" is checked then click "OK".

Press the "Windows" button on your keyboard (the one between CTRL and ALT) then press "R" and type "Application Data" then press the "Enter".

Double click on the folder called "mjusbsp". In there double click on the folder called "ug00000" and then double click on the icon called "setup".
Relict
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave your instructions a try. I keep a clean desktop, so there was no need to delete anything. Magicjack hasn't been dropping a shortcut there, strangely enough. Windows 7's file structure is a little different than I think you're used to, but I found the setup executable you were talking about. It put a shortcut on my desktop this time, launched the splash screen, and now I've got update2.exe running in my task manager, and it's back to telling me how lucky I am. I'm going to try deleting everything in the mjusbsp folder again, then unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Oh, one more thing: setup wasn't in ug00000, it was in a folder called "upgrade." The only exe in ug00000 was MagicJackSplash.
Relict
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think I'm a little closer to understanding what's going on. After I deleted everything, the autorun in the spoofed Magicjack cd rom drive didn't want to work. I tried running the upgrade file after that, and it's doing the same thing it's done all along. I think I'm not erasing everything on the magicjack, and it's winding up with some new files and some old ones. Does that sound right?
Relict
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no luck, and I'm out of ideas.
Relict
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I've had enough. MagicJack is trash. I'm going to go with skype from now on. Maybe I can use the Magicjack itself for emergency storage.
jacksena
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your system cannot find driver then simply restore your system then try again if issued not solved then you can simply take Technical Support help which provide you better information regarding your issue.

Technical Support
wease
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it running on win7 64 bit with no problems.I did nothing other then plug in the MJ and let it load its self?
radzkillah
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Update your USB Drivers or Chipset drivers

I'd bet they need some boost.

Rolling Eyes better yet, provide here your computer sys specs, fire up a cpu-z for us to check.

"Tag Team DDoS -- NeoCrystal" 08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: