magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why do I have to dial my own area code?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marycwann
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Why do I have to dial my own area code? Reply with quote

Why do I have to dial my own area code? That is a real nuisance! I thought that by using Magicfeatures, I wouldn't have to do that. However, it appears that MagicFeatures can only be used if I have the MagicJack Plus plugged into my computer. I have it plugged into the Router to my laptop, on which the MagicJack is installed. Is there another way to stop having to dial my own area code when making local calls?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it has always been 10 digit dialing with MJ & MJ+ devices.

XXX-XXX-XXXX

The auto dialer in my V-tech phone helps.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do I have to dial my own area code? Reply with quote

marycwann wrote:
Why do I have to dial my own area code? That is a real nuisance! I thought that by using Magicfeatures, I wouldn't have to do that. However, it appears that MagicFeatures can only be used if I have the MagicJack Plus plugged into my computer. I have it plugged into the Router to my laptop, on which the MagicJack is installed. Is there another way to stop having to dial my own area code when making local calls?

In PA where I live one has to dial their own area code for well over 10 years now. Seems the way the whole country will be going. This is done to make avail more phone numbers to the general public.
As far as MagicFeatures, here and on their own web page it clearly states to use it with the Plus one HAS to have the Plus plugged into the USB port of the PC so it should not have come as a surprise.
Every phone made in the last 10 years either has a phone directory or a speed dial section. I have even seen phones where you enter your own area code in the phone settings and when you dial it already knows you are dialing the same area code you are located in. Then only 7 digits are necessary.
So yes there are ways around it.
Savario
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 digit dialing still exists?

do you live in Mayberry?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: