magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to use Neoware - Here is all the info w/ software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STxFarmer
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have read your post and I would have answered my question. I know your stuck and I don't have any answers. If you want to send me your DOM I can try to get it programed for you and send it back. Other than that I got nothing to offer.

Have you tried both the stock 1Gb image and the tweaked 1 Gb image? Maybe the download is corrupted.
murugan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Error codes Reply with quote

A-TRAIN wrote:
Okay so I get the following error codes after I try to write the image to the DOM:

Writing image 1Gb_Stock_v1.5.dd to /dev/hda...
..end_request: I/0 error, dev sda, sector 5072951
Buffer I/0 error on device sda1, logical block 5072888
.end_request: I/0 error, dev sda, sector 5072952
Buffer I/0 error on device sda1, logical block 5072889
.end_request: I/0 error, dev sda, sector 5072953
Buffer I/0 error on device sda1, logical block 5072890
.end_request: I/0 error, dev sda, sector 5072954
Buffer I/0 error on device sda1, logical block 5072891
.end_request: I/0 error, dev sda, sector 5072955
Buffer I/0 error on device sda1, logical block 5072892
dd: 1Gb_Stock_v1.5.dd: input/output error

After I reboot it I get the following error:

Verifying DMI Pool Data............

Anybody have any ideas? I have photos too if needed.

I'm confused - you are writing to /dev/hda and your error is on /dev/sdan (n=1-n)?

You have an I/O error - try setting your BIOS to boot first device as USB-HD and the second boot device as HD0 not HD1.
Other than that, the only time I have seen this error is with DMA faults.
Try (again in the BIOS) to enable DMA or disable DMA. Not all DOMs (like CF cards) are created equal - some do not support DMA.

Try setting no_dma parameter in the cfg (ide=nodma in syslinux cfg)

Try a different 44 pin DOM - preferably from a reputable manufacturer.

Or finally: send your DOM to STxFarmer - he has offered to image it for you and that would be my best bet.

The "Verifying DMI Pool Data" hang is common if there is no image or a corrupted image on the DOM (or boot device)
murugan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Want to use Neoware - Here is all the info w/ software Reply with quote

From Post #1 in this thread:
STxFarmer wrote:

Need a clean stock image?

256 mb:
512 mb:
1 gb:

Need an image that has been tweaked for MagicJack?? I have included a list of tweaks done and steps taken to get this tweaked image. Change anything you like to make them better for you application. You need to download the correct one for your thin client.

256 mb:

512 mb images:
512MB_v1.5_Tweaked_C50-CA15
512MB_v1.5_Tweaked_E90_V4_-_CA21
512MB_v1.5_Tweaked_E140_V4_-CA22

1 GB images:
1GB_v1.5_Tweaked_E100_-_CA10
1GB_v1.5_Tweaked_E140_V4_-_CA22

If you find anything that needs to be corrected please let me know.

Would appreciate it if you could let us know what version of the OS (XPe) the images are?
Eg: XPe SP2 or XPe SP3
Or maybe edit the original post to include the version (which would be easier than installing an image to find the version).
I've used the images (1GB and 512MB) before but am hazy on what the versions are - to the best of my recollection, they may be XPe SP2.
Thanks for the images.
RM
PS: Links to the images were removed from the quote above since they are on the original post.
bss
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ca10 here with 256 dom, got the image on no problem, however, having an issue not being able to get a static ip to stick and rdp settings to stick. tried ez-remote manager software and it won't connect through the tridiavnc either....any ideas/suggestions?
miomika
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me pls. I Hace CA22 with 128 DOM inside. As far i can see, the lowest stock image is 256 mb. I delete with format whole partition and now I cant get it back. Also have big problems with a ezremote and stuff...no F***N way to restore to stock. So, if someone would be so kind and help me to 128 MB stock image here. Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: